Congrats to Andy Roddick...

Cal?

CR7 fan
The new era of tennis is at last upon us, with Ferrero's trashing of Agassi in the semis and Roddick's win in the final, I think it's the beginning of the new era.

How fitting that the tournament that held the retirement ceremony of Pete Sampras should have seen his great rival Agassi showing that he should join Sampras...

wizardgiggs

Cal said:
The new era of tennis is at last upon us, with Ferrero's trashing of Agassi in the semis and Roddick's win in the final, I think it's the beginning of the new era.

How fitting that the tournament that held the retirement ceremony of Pete Sampras should have seen his great rival Agassi showing that he should join Sampras...

:nono: agassi can definitely play another years..

becks_007

Congratulations Andy!!

I think he deserved it after the progress he has made in the last 18 months.

Huiting

Would I be ostracised if I say that I had rooted for Ferrero? :nervous:

GiggsysGirl

Toxic Frogger
Huiting said:
nope...cos i did too!

i think the final score flattered Roddick a bit. only broke him twice to be fair and the man was knackered. 4 huge games in 4 days and no giant serve to get him out of trouble (that said, i thought he served pretty well).

it was pretty even at the end of the day and he's still no. 1 in the world! :D

Elfie

Huiting said:
No, me too I was for Ferrero, although I'm not a bif fan of him. I don't like much Roddick.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Huiting said:
I did too... :smirk: Ferrero is much better to watch...

Cal?

CR7 fan
wizardgiggs said:
:nono: agassi can definitely play another years..
I'd be very surprised if Agassi wins any Grand Slam from now on. He was a great player, but he's had his day. It's now the Roddick, Ferrero & co's turn to dominate the tennis world.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
Huiting said:

No,I wanted him to win also,personally I think Roddick is a cnut,he won but I really don't want him to in anything

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The new order of mens tennis for the next 5 years.

Roddick, Nalbandian, Federer, Ferrero, Coria, Haas, Safin, Hewitt, Shirchaphan, Schuettler, Dent, Fish, Blake

Sporty

I was very impressed by Nalbandian to be honest. He's obviously very fit and seems to be able to hit a fair number of shots.

And yes, congrats to Andy, although I would have prefered to see Ferrero win. Don't think that's a surprise to anyone :o

Once Agassi decides to give it a rest, I'll be on Federer's, Ferrero's, Paradorn's and Blake's side. I'm not sure about Coria yet. Haven't really watched him play.

Elfie

Raoul said:
The new order of mens tennis for the next 5 years.

Roddick, Nalbandian, Federer, Ferrero, Coria, Haas, Safin, Hewitt, Shirchaphan, Schuettler, Dent, Fish, Blake
Federer is the most talented.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Its hard to say who is the most talented since most of the players have such different games. If I had to pick a top three, then it would be Roddick, Nalbandian, and Coria.

Cal?

CR7 fan
IMO the top 3 for the foreseeable future will be Roddick, Ferrero & Hewitt

rOnaldo[7]

Elfie said:
I liked Sampras' tennis very much.

Roddick is not as "classy".
I agree.
But dont think there's any player who's more classy than Sampras. Perhaps federer?
Anyway, the power tennis by roddick and safin is nice to watch.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I would be difficult to find any tennis player in the history of the game to match Sampras' class. He simply had it all.