Contracts up this summer

jeston

So I believe (From looking at FM) that Norwood, Wooton, Dudgeon, Gill, Petrucci & King's contracts are all up this summer.

No chance we won't (might have already - but not announced) offer an extension to King & Petrucci after his comeback.

Thorpe is 18 now so he'll move up to the reserves next season and I'd think we'll let one of Wooton or Gill go. I think Norwood will get a 1 or 2 year extension and go on loan for a full season to a Championship club. Dudgeon I'm not sure of.. I guess it depends on how much he impresses for Carlisle, don't have any real hope he'll make it at United though.

Any thoughts?

jeston

Oh. Cheers phelans!

When the hell did Dudgeon & Gill sign 3 year extensions?? And Norwood & Petrucci aren't on there. Lacking in effort a bit there..

prateik

I dont rate him personally. Think his initial promise at Liverpool was due to size and strength rather than actual ability. Thorpe is a far better player and defender.
Really? I think he looks quite tidy

PS18

Ask Top, I just put in the contract date.

Dudgeon, Gill and a few other I couldn't find stuff for so they have the default length.
Might need to alter the default length for youngsters - apart from the most obvious promising (your Welbeck's and so on), the default is a year or two at most.

lysglimt

Scout
So I believe (From looking at FM) that Norwood, Wooton, Dudgeon, Gill, Petrucci & King's contracts are all up this summer.

No chance we won't (might have already - but not announced) offer an extension to King & Petrucci after his comeback.

Thorpe is 18 now so he'll move up to the reserves next season and I'd think we'll let one of Wooton or Gill go. I think Norwood will get a 1 or 2 year extension and go on loan for a full season to a Championship club. Dudgeon I'm not sure of.. I guess it depends on how much he impresses for Carlisle, don't have any real hope he'll make it at United though.

Any thoughts?
See no reason in letting Norwood stay on - we have many more talented youngsters in central midfield

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
I think Dudgeon is very well liked at the club, remember reading an interview with Ole and Joyce where both heaped tons of praise on him. This isn't to say that he'll make it but I took from it that they had a lot of time for him

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Couldn't find it in my first stack of mags so I'll have a look when I can get to the rest.

On a side note found a copy of Inside United from November 2008 and they did a feature on Cockney Reds and my pal was in it, wish I had been interviewed!

phelans shorts

Might need to alter the default length for youngsters - apart from the most obvious promising (your Welbeck's and so on), the default is a year or two at most.
Eurgh only just noticed this, the full lot have the same site built default, so I take it all of the kids run out in the next year or two?

EDIT: I did also PM you to ask if you knew at the time...

PS18

Sorry, completely passed me by that.

Ultimately there's no real way of knowing when those guys' contracts expire, unless the information comes out via an interview or something. The club don't announce it.