Could we get relegated? | United officially now safe from relegation for 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Yes. Easily if we keep performing like this. No goals from anywhere is the biggest worry and no midfield capable of providing assists is the second. These are very worrying times.

big rons sovereign

It's a worrying thought, but can anybody see a way out of this mess? We'd be lucky to keep it under ten against the vermin. Even without their own VAR team.

Last edited:

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Possibly. It's a shambles though. We need a proper manager with new ideas...the restructuring can come later.
It's an emergency situation now. I hope the club realise the urgency and don't keep thinking 'long term'. The longer this goes on, the more danger will build.

Sara125

It’s sad because I know there are rival fans out there who genuinely feel sorry for us and how far we’ve sank. Like, even though they are our rivals, there was once a time when they actually would have been excited to watch us play.

matt23

Defence is too good to go down, other than that we're not far off.

Acole9

Outstanding
We're going down if we carry on like this, it might actually do us some good. The Glazers will probably sell up.

markhughes

We absolutely could get relegated, no doubt about that. January is going to be a VERY big window for us regardless of who the manager is.

If we do change managers before Janaury that could be a problem for the window, it may take a new manager a little time to identify issues and signings etc.

If we don't change managers we will likely be relegated.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I think it could be good for the club. Get relegated, get everyone out of the mindset that we are a top club, maybe let the value of the club drop so we might get some new owners. Build from scratch without overpaying for anyone looking half-promising after coming through the academy.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Right now and with the run if games coming up, we could quite easily find ourselves in the bottom 3 at Xmas time

This is a sentence I never ever thought I would type out

ManRed

It's possible as this team is incapable of putting up a fight. Put us in for relegation fight and we will not disappoint.

Simon Jones

of course.
1. we are 2 points from relegation
2. most our players do not have the necessary quality
3. most of our players do not have the necessary desire
4. We replaced one of THE greatest managers of all time (a guy who has won 2 champions leagues with 2 different clubs and multiple league titles in 3 different leagues) with..........a Utd legend but one who as a manager has failed at Cardiff City and has since managed Molde of the Norway league.

Call me pessimistic but I can't see 3 other premier league clubs that look worse than us.

Code-CX

If we don’t sack Ole then yes it is a possibility. Awful, awful manager.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
2 points away from a relegation spot. After our next game we will probably be in a relegation spot. A quarter into the league and yes we are in a relegation fight.

kidbob

Absolutely we could. We deservedly lost today to what may be the worst team in the league. We struggled against a league one team. Every possibility it happens if we don't act quickly and I don't trust the club to do so. We could have played for hours today without looking like scoring and that has been a lot of our games since last season.

Spoony

The People's President
It's an emergency situation now. I hope the club realise the urgency and don't keep thinking 'long term'. The longer this goes on, the more danger will build.

Indeed. Also years back I thought Woodward was one of the main problems...despite buying big names. The club is geared up to make profits first and foremost. I genuinely can't see that changing.

redshaw

Ole could if he's allowed to carry on and we have more injuries in the second half of the season. We have almost no team when 3-4 players get injured and he's a League One/Two level manager.

el3mel

We'll be in the first relegation spot or just close to it after Liverpool game.

If Ole stays we'll get relegated 100%. I'm not even joking.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Anyone that thinks we can't get relegated is in for a shock.

RedCurry

Where are we getting those 40 points? My faith is as shaken at this moment as it can be.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
The real question is, when we get relegated are we good enough to come straight back up? Answer to that one is probably scarier than the original. :nervous:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
250 to 1. Anyone who genuinely thinks we could can make a lot of money. Post slip otherwise it's all talk. Easy way to settle these stupid debates
I’ll have some of that when I get back.

Don’t think it will happen, but to think it’s impossible is naive.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
You can’t look at any fixture and be optimistic of getting three points at the moment.

Jericholyte2

Nearly 1/4 way through the season and we’re TWO POINTS of the relegation zone. This is not just 3-4 games in.

I cannot see us beating ANY PL team right now.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

People dismiss this is ridiculous but we are an absolute shambles.
Just think of a team that can't create a single chance against one of the worst PL sides like Newcastle. Now, imagine that this team is not named Manchester United. You would argue that this team is in danger of relegation. The only thing that makes this notion absurd is the stature of the club in question, not what you're actually watching on the pitch.

Lentwood

The problem at Utd is that we have half a football team. Most mid-table sides at least have XI reasonably competent players in each position. We have a few good players and then at least four who are really, really bad

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Today's XI could but we'll be fine when injuries return. Still, mid table finish looks likely.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
No club is too big for relegation.

GazTheLegend

Yes absolutely 100% we can get relegated and will be in a relegation battle with this team.

Nobody is mentioning the elephant in the room: nobody in our team can score goals. Most of our goals are from penalties at the minute. If you can’t score goals you can’t win games and you’ll draw too many - that’s how you get relegated. Because the ‘big’ teams will all beat us and we won’t beat anyone else.

Rashford has -failed-. Solskjaer put his faith in him as a number9 and he’s not cut it. And our midfielders look absolutely out of confidence and some of which are, sad to say, not premier league level.

Andreas Pereira and Fred have been atrocious, and I don’t know where we go from here.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
If they continue to bury their head in the sand it's a distinct possibility. I don't thing we will 'cause i can see them changing something before that happens. But it's not a ridiculous question to ask, and that itself is depressing.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We can't score goals and we can keep them out either. That normally only ends one way

Status
Not open for further replies.