POLL: Coutinho or Sanchez: more embarrassing?

Who was the most embarrassing signing?

• Total voters

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Who was a bigger disaster for the signing club:

Alexis Sanchez for Manchester United
or
Philipe Coutinho for Barcelona

Last edited:

Bojan11

Why start on Coutinho?

Why not add Dembele or Griezmann?

Sanchez is done. Coutinho for me still has a lot to offer under the right manager.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Coutinho made sense at the time. Sanchez was in awful form and was clearly an issue with his petulance. Sanchez is one of the worst transfers of all time

the chameleon

Coutinho wasn't too bad in his first half season. Sanchez was the biggest of all time.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Why start on Coutinho?

Why not add Dembele or Griezmann?

Sanchez is done. Coutinho for me still has a lot to offer under the right manager.
Cos he's not even playing for Barcelona and scoring goals against them! Like we had to loan out Sanchez.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Obviously Coutinho. Sanchez cost £0 in fees and £300k+ a week in salary. Coutinho got the same wage but cost about £140m more

DevilRed

If we make it to the final and play inter...I'm starting to worry now.

Its going to be embarassing if we lose to a lukaku, sanchez or young goal(s). :nervous:

Untd55

They signed him to score against themselves; it is not even close. Coutinho after today is the worst signing in history.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Coutinho has no right being in this, Barca are cursed, he's not the only one signed for big money who's failed due to the deep rooted issues at that club

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Barcelona have signed a player for hundreds of millions and then WHILST HE IS STILL PLAYING for Barce he absolutely embarrassed them to their worst loss of all time.

If we make it to the final and play inter...I'm starting to worry now.

Its going to be embarassing if we lose to a lukaku, sanchez or young goal(s). :nervous:
I’m sure I read Young has scored 4 and has 4 assists since going there. The Italian league is trash if that’s true.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Coutinho and not even close, total one trick pony footballer and then scores against his own club all for €140m !

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Coutinho just showed them who's boss and celebrated Bayern's goals.

Sanchez was awful but your own player helping to get you knocked out? In that fashion? Gotta be coutinho.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
When one of the two was signed for £140m and then comes on to score two against you in a humiliation, there's no contest really!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Coutinho deal was far more embarrassing for Barcelona.

Still came to Barcelona on high wages, they spent ~140m on top, he scored 2 vs them in 15 mins, and the club still don't want to buy him from Barcelona :lol:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Coutinho deal was far more embarrassing for Barcelona.
Still came to Barcelona on high wages, they spent ~140m on top, he scored 2 vs them in 15 mins, and the club still don't want to buy him from Barcelona :lol:
Makes me feel bit better about Sanchez!

Idxomer

Coutinho has no right being in this, Barca are cursed, he's not the only one signed for big money who's failed due to the deep rooted issues at that club
Some would argue that Manchester United is also cursed.

El Zoido

Coutinho made sense at the time. Sanchez was in awful form and was clearly an issue with his petulance. Sanchez is one of the worst transfers of all time
Nobody said that about Sanchez at the time. It was between us and City for his signature and was considered an incredible coup when we got him. They said his form at Arsenal was due to unrest and agitation for a move, just like Torres before he joined Chelsea.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I can't remember anybody on redcafe or in the media who was against our Sanchez signing at the time.

Redlyn

Obviously Coutinho. Sanchez cost £0 in fees and £300k+ a week in salary. Coutinho got the same wage but cost about £140m more
0 in fees + 30m worth player. Wasn't exactly a free transfer.

DWelbz19

Oh yeah, that makes it so much more worse than the monstrosity of a transfer Phil Coutinho has been

Oh yeah, that makes it so much more worse than the monstrosity of a transfer Phil Coutinho has been
At least Barcelona can sell him for a fee, we had to pay to get rid of Sanchez, and let’s be frank Conte has done us another favour, no other club in the world would take Sanchez off of us, he’s that bad. Lots of clubs would still buy Continho.

Paul_Scholes18

Sanchez going to score against us too in the final. Although Inter will not win 8-2 ;).

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Nobody said that about Sanchez at the time. It was between us and City for his signature and was considered an incredible coup when we got him. They said his form at Arsenal was due to unrest and agitation for a move, just like Torres before he joined Chelsea.
Eh? Torres was a disaster at Chelsea. I fecking hope we didn’t use his trajectory as proof Sanchez would turn out well
I can't remember anybody on redcafe or in the media who was against our Sanchez signing at the time.
I was very sceptical about Sanchez. I actually really disliked him after seeing his petulance at Arsenal. It’s very easy as a fan to get blinded by big names and signings, it’s why a lot of the time supporters are wrong

RedNed77

He wasn’t free at all, we had to give them Mkhitaryan, we could/should have got at least £15m for him. Awful signing.

DWelbz19

At least Barcelona can sell him for a fee, we had to pay to get rid of Sanchez, and let’s be frank Conte has done us another favour, no other club in the world would take Sanchez off of us, he’s that bad. Lots of clubs would still buy Continho.
:lol: they’ll be lucky to even get 40% back of what they paid. Even if you factor in the £5m we paid off for Sanchez, the losses are not comparable.

He literally just came on and shat on them in their biggest CL loss ever, whilst he was still their fecking player :lol:

Can’t believe this is even a debate.

:lol: they’ll be lucky to even get 40% back of what they paid. Even if you factor in the £5m we paid off for Sanchez, the losses are not comparable.

He literally just came on and shat on them in their biggest CL loss ever, whilst he was still their fecking player :lol:

Can’t believe this is even a debate.
Coutinho is a much funnier story, and it’s hilarious that he scored twice tonight in presumably their biggest ever defeat whilst still their player!

But in terms of contribution, Sanchez is far worse. You can have an argument out of who is worse, him, Dembele of Griezmann - and they are in the same team.

Sanchez is the worst signing in PL history, perhaps only Torres is a contender for that (dis) honour.

Eddy_JukeZ

Coutinho:

Sign him for $140m. Obscene wages.

Loan him out to a team who humiliates you while he scores twice in the very same game.

Can it get worse?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Might be a stupid question but why was Coutinho allowed to play against Barca of they are the parent club?

Witchking

Sanchez can do what coutinho did if United and Inter make it to the final.

Lukaku, Young, Sanchez. One of them will screw us over. This thread has just confirmed that.