Kick-off
Sun, 21 April 2024 @ 3:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    ......................VS..........................

Date: Sunday, April 21 2024
    Kickoff Time: 1530 Hrs BST
    Venue: Coventry Building Society Arena, Coventry

FA Cup Form Guide

Manchester United: WWWW
    Coventry City: WDWWW

Previous FA Cup Meetings

Manchester United 0—1 Coventry City

Manchester United 2—1 Coventry City

Coventry City 1—3 Manchester United

Coventry City 1—2 Manchester United

Manchester United 1—1 Coventry City

All-Time FA Cup Record

Manchester United wins: 4
    Coventry City wins: 1
    Draws: 1

Pre Match Pressers

Erik ten Hag

Mark Robins

Team News

Manchester United

Luke Shaw, Lisandro Martínez, Anthony Martial, Tyrell Malacia, Victor Lindelöf, Raphaël Varane and Jonny Evans ruled out. Scott McTominay and Antony doubtful.

Coventry City

Tatsuhiro Sakamoto and Jamie Allen ruled out.

Know The Opposition

Coventry City Football Club (nicknamed The Sky Blues) is a professional association football club based in Coventry, England. The team currently play in the EFL Championship, the second level of the English football league system. The earliest known organised football club in Coventry was Stoke F.C., founded in the suburb of the same name in 1869. The team did not play regularly and games were played under a variety of football rules, with some being closer to rugby union than Association football. By the late 1870s rugby had become dominant in the area, fuelled by the sport's popularity in local public schools. Association football was reintroduced with the arrival of the bicycle industry in the city, and an influx of workers. In the 1880s each of the factories set up a football team. It was at one of these factories, that of the Singer Cycle Company, that Coventry City F.C. was born. The club was founded in 1883 by William Stanley, an employee of the factory, and initially known as Singers F.C. In 1898, the name was changed to Coventry City. The club first joined the Football League after World War I.

Coventry's only period in the top division to date lasted 34 consecutive years between 1967 and 2001, and the club were inaugural members of the Premier League in 1992. They won the FA Cup in 1987, the club's only major trophy, when they beat Tottenham Hotspur 3–2. They experienced further relegations in 2012 and 2017, though did manage to win the EFL Trophy in 2017. Leicester City are considered Coventry City's main rival and the two clubs compete the M69 Derby. Throughout the 1980s and 1990s and to the turn of the millennium, Aston Villa were considered Coventry's main rivals as they continually competed against each other in the First Division and then the Premier League. In the 1960s and 1970s there was intense rivalry with Wolverhampton Wanderers which started in 1965 after Wolves were relegated from Division One and the two clubs met in Division Two. A local rivalry also exists with Birmingham City, however the ground share agreement at St Andrew's between 2019 and 2021 – which effectively spared Coventry from being expelled from the EFL – has led to friendlier relations between the two clubs’ supporters. They play their home games at the Coventry Building Society Arena.

Referee

Robert Jones.​

thisisnottaken1

When the draw was made shortly after we had defeated Liverpool, I was in high spirits and was sure that we would win.

A month and zero wins later, and I know think that there’s a realistic chance of us losing.

PoTMS

We'll win this. But of course we should, it's a fecking Championship side.

PoTMS

The same Championship side who beat an EPL side, who should have beaten us.
    Still should be beating these lot. I don't wanna see anyone glorifying a win against fecking Coventry City. If we lose, then I don't even know what to say. The standards are already in the gutters.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
    Supports
    Ajax & United
    We have a week to prepare and plan. Still expect to see the same rubbish unfortunately. Yes we've been hampered by injuries, but it is almost impossible to defend ten Hag right now. There is nothing that suggests that we will be a cohesive well-drilled side next season.

Bwuk

Can’t deal with another AWB at LB game.

Onana
    Dalot - Kambwala - Maguire - Amass
    Mainoo - Bruno
    Amad - Mount - Garnacho
    Hojlund​

AndySmith1990

We'll win of course. It'll be a struggle, might even go to extra time. But we'll win

Walters_19_MuFc

Still should be beating these lot. I don't wanna see anyone glorifying a win against fecking Coventry City. If we lose, then I don't even know what to say. The standards are already in the gutters.
    Of course we should be beating Coventry. We should also be beating Brentford and Bournemouth comfortably too, but it didn't happen. We're so hard to watch!

Chairman Steve

It’s going to be like last year with Brighton isn’t it? Extra time and penalties and we’ll make it look so much work.

E-mal

What are the odds we Coventry get 20 shots against us, I want to bet on it, my first bet in football

James35

We’ll win this just about. Doesn’t matter mind as we won’t be winning the trophy.

Back to back FA cup final losses will be a first for all of us.

erikcred

When the draw was made shortly after we had defeated Liverpool, I was in high spirits and was sure that we would win.

A month and zero wins later, and I know think that there’s a realistic chance of us losing.
    I was drunk too, so I can understand.

Castia

Should be a walk in the park but if they’re smart and pack the midfield they’ll likely cause us issues

Our midfield or lack of is going to look incredibly open on that huge Wembley pitch

Nero

We'll piss this. No doom-mongering will change that fact.

abailey123

2 problems to tonight - Garnacho - really poor defensively
    AWB - for as much as he played OK - defenders could mark the under lap as they know he doesn’t have a left foot

Amad in for Garnacho
    Ammas in for AWB

redshaw

Big chance for Coventry.

I think we had enough to get up for this game and get to the final easily but if we have to field 3 fullbacks in defence again we could find it difficult.

Gordon S

Not expecting more than usual. We need some luck to get through

Get In Scholesy

I just want the lads to be up for this. It’s easy to feel deflated given the shit season, but if you can’t get yourself ready for a cup semi final, you don’t deserve to be at the club.

Raw

We're gonna make this really tough for ourselves. Remember when this team fecked a 2-0 lead to Newport County?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Harry Maguire image Harry Maguire 33% of 213 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 223 ratings.

Score Predictions