Crewe vs United u'18s 1-2

oskarutd

Zieler
Moffatt, Strickland (Norwood), Wooton, Dudgeon (Stewart)
Bryan, Evans, James, Drinkwater, Galbraith
Macheda.

unused: Brandao, Curran, Gill.

Evans scored after the keeper spilled a Bryan shot (1-1)
Bryan shot won it in injury time.

Wooton must be a trialist, no first name on MUTV.

Virtuoso

Quality winner by Bryan, superbly cut onto his left foot and really thundered it into the net...practically last kick of the game!

I didn't think we were great today, not sure if the Macheda-Drinkwater combination works up front. I think Macheda is a lot more effective playing alongside another striker, when him and Welbeck were playing as a pair we looked a lot more dangerous. Perhaps it will take Macheda a bit of time to adapt to his new role, he's only 16 and we all know he's got huge potential; silky touch and control, good passer, great finishing, bit of pace/acceleration and aerial ability which is crucial. Just a matter of applying his attributes to the new system, though if Brandao is drafted in then he can go back to what he's more accustomed to.

Not sure if Robert Brady was injured or just kept out of the squad, but I would like to see him in the side a bit more. Looks a very talented lad, reminds me a lot of McGeady at Celtic...small, jinky left winger who is comfortable on both feet and can produce a few tricks. A real old-fashioned, exciting winger who is well worth keeping an eye on, good to see United still snapping up the best Ireland has to offer.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Quality winner by Bryan, superbly cut onto his left foot and really thundered it into the net...practically last kick of the game!

I didn't think we were great today, not sure if the Macheda-Drinkwater combination works up front. I think Macheda is a lot more effective playing alongside another striker, when him and Welbeck were playing as a pair we looked a lot more dangerous. Perhaps it will take Macheda a bit of time to adapt to his new role, he's only 16 and we all know he's got huge potential; silky touch and control, good passer, great finishing, bit of pace/acceleration and aerial ability which is crucial. Just a matter of applying his attributes to the new system, though if Brandao is drafted in then he can go back to what he's more accustomed to.

Not sure if Robert Brady was injured or just kept out of the squad, but I would like to see him in the side a bit more. Looks a very talented lad, reminds me a lot of McGeady at Celtic...small, jinky left winger who is comfortable on both feet and can produce a few tricks. A real old-fashioned, exciting winger who is well worth keeping an eye on, good to see United still snapping up the best Ireland has to offer.
It's a very big squad so not everyone can play every week.....

Robbie Brady played in the U/16's and was probably MOM....

Einar15

Scott Wootton is an U16 player who was released from Liverpool after a dispute about his future. He played for England U17's in the Nordic Tournament.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Wooton had a good game. Drinkwater had a good first half, Bryan created the first goal with a great bit of skill and scored a very classy second. Stewart looks like a real prospect. Macheda was closely marked by two Crewe defenders throughout and didn't do much.

The Wizard

Scott Wootton is an U16 player who was released from Liverpool after a dispute about his future. He played for England U17's in the Nordic Tournament.
That's interesting, he was highly rated at Liverpool, he's a centre half I think. Anyone know if we're offerning him a contract?