Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
Realistically, who the hell is going to buy him? I don't think Mbappe would want him at PSG, and I don't think Real would go for him either.
PSG or Bayern, Chelsea is mentioned in the tweet too.

I can see him in Bayern actually - easy league, can score loads, Munich area is nice and a guaranteed CL every year too. And Bayern gets their Lewa replacement.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I wonder who could buy him and would offer him champions league football and the wages he wants. Maybe he'll compromise on his salary but there are few teams who can offer that.

Maybe PSG can go ultra Muppet and finally let us see a team with Messi and Ronaldo.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
It’s a lot of goals to replace, and a dressing room leader. But it frees another £500k+ per week and gives us the opportunity to give the opportunity to his long term replacement.

The problem is we’ve already missed out on the obvious targets. Goals could definitely be an issue this year.

led_scholes

Not against it, but I fear that we have not identified a replacement. We already missed Haaland and Nunez.

But the fact that we tried for Nunez maybe tells us that we knew this and we are looking for a striker.

Delano

Yeh I'd understand why people wouldn't be particularly bothered, but this team has no goalscorers. With barely any on the market.

Frank Grimes

Only club I see possible is AC Milan. He definitely wants to leave though. People need to get over this romantic idea that Ronaldo loves United, we were just the best choice for him last season.

KeanoMagicHat

He won’t get a good offer, sadly. But it shows you his character the fuss he’s creating when he’s supposed to be at a club he loves. Get rid and watch the team prosper anyway.

Castia

I wonder who could buy him and would offer him champions league football and the wages he wants. Maybe he'll compromise on his salary but there are few teams who can offer that.

Maybe PSG can go ultra Muppet and finally let us see a team with Messi and Ronaldo.

I can see him dropping his salary and maybe taking a higher image rights deal or something like that.

Mbappe is a big deal at PSG and we all know he loves Ronaldo....

davidmichael

It’s barely news or in any reality going to happen as no other club will pay his wages or make an acceptable offer for Ronaldo thus meaning he’s staying next season, it’s simply Ronaldo being Ronaldo as even though I’ve always loved him as a player as a person he’s extremely needy and struggles if he isn’t centre of everyone’s attention.

No one has spoken about Ronaldo all summer and all the talk at the club has been on ETH coming in, Pogba leaving or potential transfer targets so this is Ronaldo trying to get some spotlight. Once we complete the De Jong deal then Eriksen, Antony, Martinez and Malacia all come in too the feeling around the club will be much happier and Ronaldo will get on with the incoming season.

Dosse

I dont get why people are happy for him to leave. We would be better of having him one more season. Do we wanna rely on Rashford and Martial? Do we have a budget allioing us to buy a striker who can replace Ronaldo's goals?

copen1945

Will always be an United legend. Maybe it is the right time for both.

Godfather

Replacing him would be huge headache this summer. Are there any 9s out there good enough and willing to join us? We would be left with 0 goal scorers without him

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Neymar to Chelsea, Ronaldo to PSG ? No way Bayern bother with him but it would be cool to see him complete his European tour and get a few more goals in the CL.

Orange Tree

I can only see Chelsea being in for him. Which CL clubs need a striker and able to afford his wage?

Did Sporting made it to the CL? Maybe if he would reduce his wage. Could make a story out of going back to your childhood club.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If lowered his wage demands he could back to Portugal and win the league there. He's never won it and it would be a fitting end to his career, he could also boost his goal tally in the CL.

OrcaFat

So so happy if true :drool:

We are only as good as Ronaldo is aslong as he is on the pitch.
Our main player looks like our only player.

Hopefully he can leave and we can try get 10/11 players looking like they have the ability to score a goal again rather than just one.
Yeah, I’m on board with this view.

Abraxas

Because he’s completely detrimental to the way the manager will want to play. We’ll score goals. We had a much better season the one before last and he wasn’t in the team…
The one before last we had Cavani. The one before last Rashford wasn't in a long term regression. It's not just form with Martial and Rashford, that's the problem. It's gone on so long that we cannot be sure whether they'll get out of it at United.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I can’t see the club allowing this. Losing Cavani, Greenwood and Ronaldo and not replacing them would be catastrophic.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Neymar makes much more sense if we’re going to make a splashy, ill advised “statement” signing. I just don’t see any way on Earth we’d bring in CR7.

Bayern is really the ideal landing spot for him if he goes. A side that utterly dominate their league and will allow him to coast through most matches whilst still putting up silly stats and competing for the CL.

Fooza

I'd be all for this if we sign a top energetic striker, which I can't see

KeanoMagicHat

Replacing him would be huge headache this summer. Are there any 9s out there good enough and willing to join us? We would be left with 0 goal scorers without him
Fernandes scored 29 league goals in 54 games (0.53 per game) before Ronaldo arrived, he scored 7 in 33 after Ronaldo arrived (0.21).
Rashford scored 28 league goals in 68 games (0.41 per game) before Ronaldo arrived, he scored 4 in 25 after Ronaldo arrived (0.16).

If the team plays better, is more balanced and most importantly sorts out the midfield, then the team will score more goals, they'll just be spread around.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I completely agree with Alex Shaw and believe we'll score more goals as a team next season without him and function much better as a unit with and without the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.