Criteria Draft Round 1 - Edgar Allan Pillow vs BorisDeLeFora

Who would win this match if all players were playing at their respective peaks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BorisDeLeFora

It is strange that Litmanen is not getting his due here.

He was a goal scoring machine and in his prime was totally lethal. Thundering goals as well as a highly creative No.10.
I think he doesn't have the same reputation as others in the draft who peaked during the nineties, so is usually forgotten about easily in these types of drafts, both in terms of being picked and rating him as a player.

He also played for Liverpool.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
It is strange that Litmanen is not getting his due here.

He was a goal scoring machine and in his prime was totally lethal. Thundering goals as well as a highly creative No.10.
I think he doesn't have the same reputation as others in the draft who peaked during the nineties, so is usually forgotten about easily in these types of drafts, both in terms of being picked and rating him as a player.

He also played for Liverpool.
There was probably a spell in the mid-1990s, shortly after Baggio peaked but before Rivaldo and Zidane fully flourished, that Litmanen was the best no10 around. He doesn't get his dues. Didn't carry the ego of most creative players, didn't play for a sufficiently sexy national team, and didn't carry his best form to Barcelona when he was well past his best. Cruyff said the reason he didn't sign him was because he was too nice a boy to mix it with testosterone-driven wankers like Stoichkov and Romario.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Villa has played on the right at times, he is out there because he has a better work rate than Ginola. Now, I'm not saying he's Dirk Kuyt, he's just less lazy than Ginola and more likely to stop Agger taking the ball out of defence and playing the ball to Carlos. Also, with a large portion of my attacks going down the left, he would be in a perfect position from that area to make darts into the box or find some space.
That's absolute nonsense, you don't play Villa out of position to contain Daniel fecking Agger, FFS... WTF? Are you serious?

antohan

On the spelling issue, it must be remarked that Boris has his RB down with one "r" too many. And that, of course, may tip the scales here. Because it's close for me.
And Jadson Viera apparently.

Must say EAP made up for all that with preceive, made me read the entire ppost he was quoting looking for preceive assuming it was a pisstake. Nope, he got it wrong, not once but twice, all the while being sarcy himself :lol:

antohan

@BorisDeLeFora I know you like my team so much, but voting aginst yourself is a unexpected pleasure. Much appreciated, mate!

I'm assuming it's a mistake. Final chance to correct :lol:
Votes by managers don't count. It's actually quite clever. I have many times been tempted to do that to make the other side look like they are doing better so any gap with mine is smaller and a fence-vote more likely to ccome my way. Never did as Rome would burn, Ignored Member would go apeshit, and someone would probably quit in disgust. Glad someone exploited that, finally, you morons are too uptight with your rules and gents agreements. :p

FromTheBench

Just went for Edgar ever slow slightly as i like his system fullbacks/Wingbacks and front 2 more.

Pretty close fight though.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Just went for Edgar ever slow slightly as i like his system fullbacks/Wingbacks and front 2 more.

Pretty close fight though.
Aye, I'm going for Edgar as his system and use of his players is more coherent, although I have reservations about his rather soft-centred defence and midfield. Gattuso would need to be at his demented best here to keep Arteta from being outmuscled, but then he was one of the best around at doing just that in the mid-2000s.

BorisDeLeFora

Cheers EAP, I know what you mean but it's going to be hard for me to replace Villa/Makaay/Kelly because of the categories they fit into, I perceive it will take a lot of fecking about.

Good game, it was very close at times.