Criteria Draft Round 1 - The Red Viper vs BigDunc9

Who would win this match where all players are playing at their respective peaks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Team BigDunc9

Overall Strategy

My overall strategy is to dominate the ball with my midfield who all thrive of that set up. The lack of work rate from the 3 attacking midfielders from the opposition will mean there will be lots of space and time for Iniesta,Xavi or Albertini to be able play through Shevchenko and Reus who both poses excellent movement and have great timing of their runs in which the only outcome will be goals with their excellent finishing. The all round work rate and unparalleled ball retention in my side will mean that the opposition will not be able to get on the ball anywhere near enough to cause maximum damage. My our also used to pressing hard for 90 minutes for their clubs and Silva and Albertini will mop up in front of the defence while the rest of the side press.

Defence

A solid all round defence with 3 excellent defenders with hardly any weakness and one brilliant attacking full back in Baines who will be linking up with Iniesta to great effect as he will not be getting tracked by the winger on his side. The delivery of Baines final ball is as good as any full back in the draft and with the space he will be getting he will be rampant down the left hand side as Jones reserves himself going forward being of the best defensive right backs in premier league history.

Midfield

The midfield 3 of Xavi, Gilberto Silva and Albertini has a wonderful balance to it and Xavi and Albertini along with Iniesta coming in from the left are 3 of the best passers of the ball in the draft and they will all be in the their element with the runs of Reus and Sheva and the consistent over and underlap from Baines. The nous and intelligence that my midfield 3 have will be a fantastic shield for my defence, especially Gilberto who has great physical attributes to go along with his great discipline.

Attack

Iniesta , Reus and Shevchenko is a front 3 that has everything, i will be looking to get Iniesta on the ball as he comes inside and weaves his magic to slide in Shevchenko who is one of the best finishers in the draft who has great pace and great feet to carve out his own chances and the same with Reus who is one of the best goalscoring wingers currently playing the game who can tear apart any full back on his day.

Team RViper

THE TACTICS

We will play a 4-2-3-1 formation. Rogério CENI is the goalkeeper. The back four comprises of Marcos CAFU, Noureddine NAYBET, Fernando HIERRO and Alessandro BIRINDELLI. Cafu and Birindelli will play as full-backs who will have the freedom to overlap and provide width down the wings. Hierro would be the sweeper while Naybet would be the stopper. We will play a deep backline to ensure the likes of Lopez, Reus and Shevchenko don't have space behind our backline to exploit.

We will be playing a double pivot in midfield. Dietmar HAMANN would play as the holding midfielder while Stefan EFFENBERG would play as the box-box midfielder. Along with covering the back-four, Hamann would look to negate the threat of Iniesta. If Iniesta plays out wide, him and Cafu would double up on him and ensure Iniesta doesn't get too much time and space on the ball. Effenberg with his high energy and intensity would play his natural box-box midfielder role. Whenever Xavi is in a advanced position looking to play the final ball, Effenberg would try to close him down.

Juan MATA, KAKÁ, RONALDINHO and Thierry HENRY form the attacking quartet. Mata would play as the right sided attacking midfielder, in a role similar to David Silva when he operates down the right flank at Manchester City or he does for Spanish NT. Kaká would be the trequartista. Ronaldinho would play as the left sided attacking midfielder like he used to do for Barcelona in his heyday. Thierry Henry would lead the line. In Mata, Kaká, Ronaldinho and Henry, there are four attacking players who can penetrate any defence with pace, trickery, creativity and goals. All four are extremely comfortable on the ball and can retain the possession very well. At the same time in Henry and Kaká, we have two of the best counterattacking players of the modern era. With Hierro initiating counter-attacks from the back and Mata and Ronaldinho to provide the key pass, Kaká and Henry can run any defence ragged with their pace on counters.

BigDunc9 has got a good team but his defence is comparatively weaker. Rob Jones for instance would have a tough time dealing with Ronaldinho while Baines, who has been a good full-back in the premier league over the past few seasons would struggle to cope up with Mata's movement when he is playing between the lines. Mata would look to drag Baines inside and create space for Cafu's overlapping runs to exploit. Benatia was amongst the best defenders in the world last season but he has only one great season in his locker and it ain't enough when you're up against one of the best strikers of all time in Henry.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
BigDung

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Apt, that back 5 is a pile of shit and won't cope with that front four, it's not even worth looking at the rest as RV is more than good enough elsewhere to make that the major and critical mismatch.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Well, I'm sorry Dunc but this has to go to the Viper. There's a difference in overall quality here which is hard to look past. And I don't fancy the way you've lined up your boys either. I'd rather have seen something like this:

People are visual and dim. What you say regarding your front trio makes a lot of sense, but they don't look like a front trio in your formation pic. Iniesta and Reus look like pure wingers (chalk hugging, if you will). It's a minor point, but these things matter when it comes to swaying the vote.

Albertini looks out of place as, seemingly, the most advanced of the lot.

Sorry, Dunc - but that is my honest opinion. On a "personal fave" level I like your team - much - better than Viper's. But I have to give him the vote.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
It's actually a really nice team that Red Viper has. Funny that MJJ went off on one but if he had played on he'd have a solid team.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Dunc's built a great midfield and a deadly attack with a recognisable and cohesive game plan in possession, but its too hard to look beyond that defence, especially that Ronaldinho vs Rob Jones mismatch. The Red Viper has built a brilliant team that completely slipped under my radar. Devastating attack, solid midfield and a very good defence. Naybet's small but committed fan base of me, Gio and Stobzilla will be happy to see him paired with Hierro!

Last edited:

Mani

Week defense has cost BD9 this match,Good work from red viper for bringing in Naybet and Hamann late,were myself or MJJ had never thought of that option.
Good luck for rest of the draft mate.