Currently playing players who you think could be player-managers?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Who do you think of the current players in world football could carry out a player-manager role?

Thiago Silva?
Johnny Evans?
Modric?
Kroos?
James Milner?

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Ryan Yates - very intelligent, tactically clued up and leads by example.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Ryan Yates - very intelligent, tactically clued up and leads by example.
my concern would be how many bad habits he’ll have picked up playing for a club with no regards for the rules.

Trezeguet17

Gundogan is destined to become a great one.
I think he already did some coaching session with Citys academy team and said that he likes to become a coach after his playing career.

Like Alonso he was coached by some of the best managers with completely different styles in Klopp, Tuchel and Pep. Which is a big advantage over someone like for example Xavi who, although he had different coaches during his career, knows only the Barca style of football and is kind of one-dimensional in that regard.
Same goes for ex-players that only played for one manager like SAF‘s group of ex-players (Neville, Rooney, Keane)

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
C Ronaldo probably has it in him. His work hard mentality and determination will make him a good coach. He’ll drill it into his players.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
C Ronaldo probably has it in him. His work hard mentality and determination will make him a good coach. He’ll drill it into his players.
with the money he has he will probably focus on the business side just like Beckham.

No Love

But what about his managerial prowess?

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
my concern would be how many bad habits he’ll have picked up playing for a club with no regards for the rules.
Ryan is the dark arts shithousing king. He knows the rules backwards, what he can get away with and how to wind up the opposition, especially the entitled patronising ones. Perfect management material.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Ander Herrera will probably be managing us before the end of the decade.

GlasgowCeltic

Saw rumours of Rafael Marquez being Xavi’s replacement, he’s one I envisaged being a defo future manager