Danny Simpson May Consider Permanent Move

Drifter

American
Manchester United defender Danny Simpson is targeting a permanent move to Newcastle after impressing while on loan.

The 22-year-old arrived at St James' Park during the summer and his versatility has turned out to be a bonus for the Magpies as he can play anywhere along the back four.

Simpson is due to spend the rest of the season at Newcastle but hopes to earn a permanent move next summer if he can impress boss Chris Hughton.

"Obviously, I'm enjoying my football here, and if I do well enough to get an offer, then I'll consider it, as I'm enjoying my football at the moment," he told the Sunderland Echo.

"I just want to get as many games under my belt as I can until January. I've got no clue [what will happen in the transfer window] - I'm just taking it game by game.

"It's nice to be wanted and it would be nice at the end of the loan spell for Chris [Hughton, manager] and all the staff to say they want me to stay.

"Hopefully, my performances will warrant that. You want to play on Saturday afternoon and I'm no different."

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
I think it would benefit both parties really, he seems to have found his home on Tyneside.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Is he out of contract in the summer anyway, so we'd get no money for him?
I think he'll be worth a fair bit in a few years time.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
I think he should stay, he's playing regularly and playing well so why stnad in his way. I don't see much about him that suggests he'll be able to break past Rafael in years to come.

PS18

Is he out of contract in the summer anyway, so we'd get no money for him?
I think he'll be worth a fair bit in a few years time.
Think he's still young enough that we'd get a fee, but only if we also offered him a new contract (as happened with Eckersley).

Would be a good move for him especially if Newcastle gain promotion back to the Premier League this year. We have a lot of competition at RB and unfortunately he hasnt been able to make a strong case himself.