Dante Plunkett

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
U16s LB (can play higher up too) Dante Plunkett has apparently signed from Aston Villa after a successful trial at the club.

With Amass most likely playing U21s football next season, it seems we’ve secured Plunkett’s signature to fight for the starting spot in the U18s team.

Haven’t seen him play so difficult to say anything, but at least I’m happy we’re adding left-footed defenders to our youth squads. Don’t have too much of those currently.

CallyRed

I was going to make a quip about having good vision until I realised that would have been insensitive and also that was Blunkett.

SB16

Incredible name. Exotic and exciting first name, high street solicitor last name.

No Love

Is surely destined to play alongside Virgil at some point. Possibly for Galatasary.

Bertie Wooster

That's good to hear. As said in the OP, good to bring in some left footed defenders, especially with Amass doing so well that he should be mostly stepping up to the U21's next year.

Has he opted to leave Villa to join us, or was he not being offered a contract there?

Bertie Wooster

Oh, and yeah, great name.

And on that topic, I was looking up Luton's striker that missed our game due to injury and thought he had a great full name - Elijah Anuoluwapo Oluwaferanmi Oluwatomi Oluwalana Ayomikulehin Adebayo. :)

Borninthe80ts

I always like when we can purchase from domestic teams with good youth programs and I can see this being an Amass type signing.
As others have mentioned it’ll be good competition in that area of the field and hopefully there’s more of these type of signings to come. Wonder if players like Murray and those in a similar position will be moved on next season.

Bertie Wooster

Oh good. Glad he's definitely signed and is already playing for us (at U16's).

This thread indicated that he had pretty much as good as signed, but I hadn't seen it fully confirmed on here and assumed he'd be arriving in the summer anyway. It's good that he's already here and playing.

Borninthe80ts

It always helps with settling in if you can contribute on the pitch im sure. Glad for him.

Similarly I’m wondering if any of the other names we have been linked with have signed already?

top1whoisman

Scout
It always helps with settling in if you can contribute on the pitch im sure. Glad for him.

Similarly I’m wondering if any of the other names we have been linked with have signed already?
Lincoln Fagborun has already signed, not heard anything concrete with the others. Academy signings are often made late spring, so I’m sure there will be a few ”confirmations” during the next few weeks.

Borninthe80ts

Lincoln Fagborun has already signed, not heard anything concrete with the others. Academy signings are often made late spring, so I’m sure there will be a few ”confirmations” during the next few weeks.
I appreciate the update as I do all of them, especially when I’ve not heard anything about an individual. What type of player is he do you know? Yeah I was surprised Dante was playing already too.

top1whoisman

Scout
I appreciate the update as I do all of them, especially when I’ve not heard anything about an individual. What type of player is he do you know? Yeah I was surprised Dante was playing already too.
Well he’s 13 or 14, so not much to go on really. A LB.

Plunkett was signed after a trial so nothing stopped him from playing for us.

Borninthe80ts

Well he’s 13 or 14, so not much to go on really. A LB.

Plunkett was signed after a trial so nothing stopped him from playing for us.
Ahh ok say no more, I’ll let the news come through as and when.

The surprise was in the lack of confirmation but yeah all good either way.