Dayot Upamecano | Signs for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Sign this motherfecker up. He’s quite good.

Rolaholic

His price is going up a few million tonight, he's looked absolute quality against Atletico

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Like VVD I fear this is an obvious transfer that we will see our rivals complete instead of us.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Is this his normal level?

If so, any club that needs a defender (i.e City /Chelsea /US) that doesn't go for him are complete loons

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He just signed a new deal with a release clause of 42 million next summer. We also tried to sign him when he was 16 so you would imagine (a) we know all about him and like him (b) he might not be that interested If there are other big clubs knocking around. He’s very good!

sp_107

If we can get him and Sancho wouldn't our team be good enough to compete for the title?

..........................De Gea............................

AWB....Upamecano.....Maguire.......Shaw

..................Pogba..............Fred..............

Sancho................Bruno..............Rashford

.............................Martial............................

Subs - Romero Williams Lindelof Mctominay Mata Greenwood Ighalo

I believe this team can challenge for the title
Excpet AWB, Fred that is a good time.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Sign him please and put Lindelof on the bench. Please.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
This game will start a bidding war.
This game? He’s having a fantastic season tbf. €42m release clause can be activated next year. Some big clubs will be all over it. Hope we are too!

edcunited1878

So is anyone going to say something about him being caught out in the build up to the penalty for AM?? No doubt he's a talented, but still has a lot to learn and improve on like defending and reading/anticipating.

dev1l

So is anyone going to say something about him being caught out in the build up to the penalty for AM?? No doubt he's a talented, but still has a lot to learn and improve on like defending and reading/anticipating.
Agreed at the cost of risking the wrath of the Upamecanites :)

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Is this his normal level?

If so, any club that needs a defender (i.e City /Chelsea /US) that doesn't go for him are complete loons
@Adnan has been high on him for a long, long time now. Games like this certainly take him up a level because he looks world class out there against a team who are seen as proper CL contenders.

Of course he’s got a lot to learn, he’s 21.

Not sure he’s what he need, as we need an experienced CB to partner Maguire, rather than a talented youngster.

Would be a risky signing, but if he fulfils his potential, would be a risk worth taking.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He has bee the best player on the pitch by a mile. Different level. What a prospect.

yamo123x

What a player and what an investment he would be. Should be our main target, exactly what we need

edcunited1878

Of course he’s got a lot to learn, he’s 21.

Not sure he’s what he need, as we need an experienced CB to partner Maguire, rather than a talented youngster.

Would be a risky signing, but if he fulfils his potential, would be a risk worth taking.
United are in a precarious situation where if you throw in a young CB, no matter how talented, he's going to have growing pains and mistakes in him. I'm all for letting young players mature, but it's a huge risk you do take and you see why teams don't always integrate young players straight into their first XI or primary rotation. It's why Bellingham not coming to United right now made complete sense, it's why Greenwood not starting so much in the league until the restart was correct, etc.

Every transfer has risk obviously, but this guy has at least two big transfers ahead of him. It's really up to him on where he wants to go if multiple teams activate his release clause.

But aside from his physical makeup, nobody really knows how he is mentally, emotionally, and what type of personal/character he is and how that would adapt to Manchester United. RB Leipzig are perennial underdogs under the shadows of Bayern and Dortmund. It's a different animal at United, even if they haven't been in the CL consistently, let alone actually challenging for the league. The intensity, demand, pressure from within the club and outside of the club go up levels, more than in Germany (excluding Bayern).

Scarecrow

Having a week off
This game? He’s having a fantastic season tbf. €42m release clause can be activated next year. Some big clubs will be all over it. Hope we are too!
I know but doing it in a CL quarter is different. This is what the big clubs are looking for.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Don’t understand why we did not trigger his release clause this summer. He was looking to leave, hope we are targeting him for next summer

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This is an example as to why people say I’m hard on Axel. When I see this sort of standard, from a younger player - this is the bar I demand from our own equivalent. Otherwise, why wouldn’t I want us to sign Upamecano and move Axel on? It’s not like Upamecano plays for Madrid and is unattainable. I’m not into just happily advocating a lower standard because a player is from our academy, under some sort of ‘every player can’t be *insert top level player* level’ position.

Where we can, we have to try and get the best. Random rambling I know, but watching tonight just highlighted the point to me. Axel looks alright, but not THIS good.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Don’t understand why we did not trigger his release clause this summer. He was looking to leave, hope we are targeting him for next summer
If he was looking to leave he wouldn't have signed an extension so early on in the window.

bucky

@Adnan has been high on him for a long, long time now. Games like this certainly take him up a level because he looks world class out there against a team who are seen as proper CL contenders.
Are you sure? I've only seen him constantly say that Konate is better than Upamecano.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
This is an example as to why people say I’m hard on Axel. When I see this sort of standard, from a younger player - this is the bar I demand from our own equivalent. Otherwise, why wouldn’t I want us to sign Upamecano and move Axel on? It’s not like Upamecano plays for Madrid and is unattainable. I’m not into just happily advocating a lower standard because a player is from our academy, under some sort of ‘every player can’t be *insert top level player* level’ position.

Where we can, we have to try and get the best. Random rambling I know, but watching tonight just highlighted the point to me. Axel looks alright, but not THIS good.
I don't think any other young centre back in the world looks this good.

A useful perspective for those who aren't sure: Would you like Liverpool to pair him with Virgil? Upamecano is the real deal.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
How much this summer?
Around 54m pounds but expired due to signed new contract. He has new release clause lower but only active next summer.

So people shouldn't bump this thread and hoping we will sign this guy this summer, because unlike Sancho, Dayot is to be guaranteed staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.