Derby U18 - United U18

lysglimt

Scout
Derby 1-0 up after 25 minutes after some awful defending from us. We have been awful the last 10 minutes and Derby deserve their lead

lysglimt

Scout
United need to make a goalkeeper-substitution. Harrison collides with an opponent and need to be subbed

Bertie Wooster

Poor performance from us, in what's been a poor game to watch.

A young team again, with only 3 subs. Nobody really impressed at all that half.

No out and out #9 today with Musa playing there. I've not been overly impressed with him so far with the U18's. He chips in with some goals from the wing, and hopefully he'll do that in the 2nd half. But I've not really been impressed with his overall contribution or individual talent.

He has some useful attributes - tall, left footed, decent technique and useful in the air for crosses from the other side. But doesn't look to do enough with them for me often enough. I'd like to see a bit more gusto and intent from him on the ball more often.

lysglimt

Scout
Poor performance from us, in what's been a poor game to watch.

A young team again, with only 3 subs. Nobody really impressed at all that half.

No out and out #9 today with Musa playing there. I've not been overly impressed with him so far with the U18's. He chips in with some goals from the wing, and hopefully he'll do that in the 2nd half. But I've not really been impressed with his overall contribution or individual talent.

He has some useful attributes - tall, left footed, decent technique and useful in the air for crosses from the other side. But doesn't look to do enough with them for me often enough. I'd like to see a bit more gusto and intent from him on the ball more often.
Agreed - by far the worst performance of the season. Williams not had a good game - to put it mildly.

lysglimt

Scout
It's like our players have forgot how to pass to a teammate.

Faetheshire86

Danny Webber singled out Musa also. He's hardly had a kick because our defence/midfield haven't been able to string 3 passes together. Looks like a Sunday League game, some of our players are probably in double digits for unforced errors. The pitch does look pretty bad, which doesn't help.

Bertie Wooster

It's like our players have forgot how to pass to a teammate.
Yeah, It's been a poor showing - even just the basics like passing and controlling. An awful lot of very sloppy play from us.

Not sure how much is the pitch - though we seem to be struggling a lot more than them - and how much is just a bad day at the office so far from a pretty inexperienced midfield and attack.

lysglimt

Scout
Musa rounds the keeper after a brilliant pass from Lacey - but can't control the ball and chance is gone. Sums up his game.

lysglimt

Scout
United score. Williams through on the left and finds Musa in front of goal. 1-1

Bertie Wooster

Better showing in the last half hour at least. Definitely didn't deserve to win it, but Derby didn't do all that much either do probably a draw a fair result in a pretty poor game.

Musa did chip in with a goal. Lacey and Williams showed a bit of their talent and threat in the last half hour. Though, overall, a pretty uninspiring performance and result, but they at least showed a bit of fight at the end to extend the unbeaten league run.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Poor performances go with the territory at this level as young players struggle with being consistent.

It happens regularly to all players and all teams.

We have been good all season so one bad performance is out of context.