Do you take football as a form of escapism?

Sir Erik ten Hag

There used to be a time when football every weekend (Manchester United specifically) is our form of escapism from the stress and disappointment in life.

Yet in all these years it’s football that has given me lots of depress and disappointment, and my real life is where I find most of my joy to balance it out?!

Football has really gone mad.

JPB

At the moment I'm happy if I can escape football for a couple of days.

Kopral Jono

It's been fecking ages since I last regularly watch football for purely entertainment purposes, I'm talking fifteen years or more here. Major international tournaments and latter-stage Champions/Europa League games are perhaps the only times that I actively want to watch football United games aside.

As for United games these days they provide not escapism but rather anxiety and anger.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The only escapism I've had was when I entered my fridge, closed the door and pretend I was David Blaine doing the iceman challenge 'Frozen in time'. We all have dreams.

Sir Erik ten Hag

I was busy with extra-time works. Strangely, my work has seemed more interesting to me than United of late.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Why torture yourself. It's only football.

I've moved on to many more things in life, going out with friends, a movie night, even watching youtube shorts is more fun that banging heads watching inept performances that beggar's belief.

Under SAF no matter how bad it gets we're the good guys, the players are loveable and you can't help but rooting for them

These days i see Rashford, Bruno, Antony, Martial... Hard to like these bunch...

Lost bear

We’ve come a long way down, boys
We’ve come a long way down
We’ve thrown away our crown boys
We’ve thrown away our crown.