Dominoes draft: R1 - Moby vs Oaencha

Who would win in the following draft game with all players at their peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Xabi usually gets underrated in drafts. Stellar player. One of the few scouser players, I really like and rate. He kept that ragtag Liverpool midfield together and won the CL....and one which collapsed after he left.

But then the brilliance of Netzer and Pirlo were balanced by having Wimmer/Gattuso beside them tirelessly running and doing the dirty job. Lack of such a player will hinder Oaencha a lot. On the ball, maybe his trio can work some magic, but off the ball, their recovery rate will be dreadful...esp against a player of Platini's stature supported by hard workers with flair in Modric and Popescu.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I don't care how deep or underrated Xabi Alonso is. No way in hell is he going to keep tabs on a Platini and let alone be able to when paired with a Pirlo. Probably the worst DLP pairing I can think of when it comes to combatting a number 10 of that class and penetration.

Moby

Dick
Nice team @Moby .... Everyone looks in their "right" position, should work collectively and (as above), I'm a Platini-groupie and he'll always turn my head. Good defence too including the wingbacks but I must admit, I didn't know they were German.

"The all important wingbacks are two German world champions - the unmatched two way game of Manuel Amoros and theoutstanding work animal Patrice Evra."
:lol:

That was a test to see who actually read the write up. :D

Oaencha

I don't care how deep or underrated Xabi Alonso is. No way in hell is he going to keep tabs on a Platini and let alone be able to when paired with a Pirlo. Probably the worst DLP pairing I can think of when it comes to combatting a number 10 of that class and penetration.
Usually I would agree with you but in this instance he has Maldini, Ruggeri and Neuer behind him. Alonso is not the only player Platini has to deal with.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Usually I would agree with you but in this instance he has Maldini, Ruggeri and Neuer behind him. Alonso is not the only player Platini has to deal with.
but neither is Platini the only player your defense has to deal with, young ADP pre-injury was a menacing player on his own.
Plus Vieri always lurking on the defense. not a easy ride for your team.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
How did I not know this? This is my fifth draft and I’ve only seen photos once or twice. Considering how many voters go via the formation picture alone, it’s a pretty big help.
Naw the voters are savvy enough that pretty pictures don't matter. It might seem otherwise but I have used custom PS formation in every draft and I can't say it makes a difference. You get some nice compliments which is always fun until you notice the fecker voted against you and the compliment was more a consolation prize :mad:

That said, I definitely hope for the day no one uses sharemytactics anymore

idmanager

Naw the voters are savvy enough that pretty pictures don't matter. It might seem otherwise but I have used custom PS formation in every draft and I can't say it makes a difference. You get some nice compliments which is always fun until you notice the fecker voted against you and the compliment was more a consolation prize :mad:
This hurts the most :lol:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
How did I not know this? This is my fifth draft and I’ve only seen photos once or twice. Considering how many voters go via the formation picture alone, it’s a pretty big help.
It's good, but it does not influence votes any more than sharemytactics.

It is, but if you've got it .. flaunt it I say. I'm useless at photoshopping but must say it gets me horny seeing Moby, Enigma, EAP and Onenil painting pretty pictures.
Me? I'm clueless with photoshop and posted a fancy picture.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
It's good, but it does not influence votes any more than sharemytactics.

Me? I'm clueless with photoshop and posted a fancy picture.
Nah you're underselling yourself. I like your formation pics.. no one can sell XMAS trees better.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Absolutely. Fortunately I’m good with Photoshop and I’m going to go postal with it in my next draft.
You're right I think it does make a difference. It's not just the aesthetics, it's the oversizing of the players to appear like more of the park is dominated by your boys. I think we insisted on the this11 format for one draft a few years ago, but they brought in this shitey white font which looked like there was bird crap scattered all over the pitch. The consensus seems to be that we enjoy looking at the formation pics with more effort put into them so we're happy to let any advantage from it slide.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
On the match itself I see Del Piero as the difference maker here. Yes you have Maldini and Ruggeri but they need to be concerned with Vieri and more importantly Del Piero. Pre-injury Del Piero was electric and caused all sorts of problems with his movement. With the Pirlo-Alonso pairing trying to cope with Platini, Del Piero is exactly the type of threat they don't want because your CB have to keep tabs on him and he was extremely slippery. With Platini drawing attention and Vieira attracting CB attention Del Piero is going to be extremely difficult to deal with and will likely get some joy.

On the opposite end though I think Dzajic-Facchetti causes damage 9 times out of 10. Thats exactly the type of flank I think Moby's 3412 has trouble with. Amoros is going to need help from Modric and Puyol frequently and that could cause problems especially if you quickly shift to the other flank where again Evra is going to need to help frequently. Zlatan is also an interesting proposition with his unique skill set. If he drops deep and draws Scirea out I can see that causing problems.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
From a personal experience I don't think that the formation pics are getting any additional votes, I just enjoy making them.

I don't like when the formation pic is messy, asymmetric (not intentionally) and has the gaps between the lines that are too big. I don't think that I ever voted on that basis, but I'm sure it influences my decision on some level.

Enigma_87

You know who
From a personal experience I don't think that the formation pics are getting any additional votes, I just enjoy making them.

I don't like when the formation pic is messy, asymmetric (not intentionally) and has the gaps between the lines that are too big. I don't think that I ever voted on that basis, but I'm sure it influences my decision on some level.
Same for me.

Oh and also if I can't upgrade in a draft or don't the change formation I tend to do them in later stages so I can shake things up as the same formation/team becomes boring.

Oaencha

On the match itself I see Del Piero as the difference maker here. Yes you have Maldini and Ruggeri but they need to be concerned with Vieri and more importantly Del Piero. Pre-injury Del Piero was electric and caused all sorts of problems with his movement. With the Pirlo-Alonso pairing trying to cope with Platini, Del Piero is exactly the type of threat they don't want because your CB have to keep tabs on him and he was extremely slippery. With Platini drawing attention and Vieira attracting CB attention Del Piero is going to be extremely difficult to deal with and will likely get some joy.

On the opposite end though I think Dzajic-Facchetti causes damage 9 times out of 10. Thats exactly the type of flank I think Moby's 3412 has trouble with. Amoros is going to need help from Modric and Puyol frequently and that could cause problems especially if you quickly shift to the other flank where again Evra is going to need to help frequently. Zlatan is also an interesting proposition with his unique skill set. If he drops deep and draws Scirea out I can see that causing problems.
Thank you for the insight. You’re one of the only posters in this thread who has mentioned my attack. Džajic, Facchetti, Rivaldo, Lahm and Ibrahimović will cause a hell of a lot of problems for Moby’s defence. I’m suprised no one else has commented on this.

Moby

Dick
On the match itself I see Del Piero as the difference maker here.
Other than Platini, definitely he has a great opportunity to work his magic here.

Can really see him getting a goal with that trademark shot from 20 yards out from the left corner of the penalty box to the right corner of the goal. There's no one marshalling that zone and given the lack of defensive midfield ADP will constantly drop into that space and fire a few rockets from there. His long range shooting was exceptional and he has an open opportunity of doing that constantly.

Oaencha

Other than Platini, definitely he has a great opportunity to work his magic here.

Can really see him getting a goal with that trademark shot from 20 yards out from the left corner of the penalty box to the right corner of the goal. There's no one marshalling that zone and given the lack of defensive midfield ADP will constantly drop into that space and fire a few rockets from there. His long range shooting was exceptional and he has an open opportunity of doing that constantly.
Maybe... but the same can be said for Rivaldo. My attack isn’t getting enough credit. Ibrahimović will cause major problems for you in the air.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Thank you for the insight. You’re one of the only posters in this thread who has mentioned my attack. Džajic, Facchetti, Rivaldo, Lahm and Ibrahimović will cause a hell of a lot of problems for Moby’s defence. I’m suprised no one else has commented on this.
Maybe... but the same can be said for Rivaldo. My attack isn’t getting enough credit. Ibrahimović will cause major problems for you in the air.
I think the idea is YOU sell them? :)

Moby

Dick
Ibrahimović will cause major problems for you in the air.
He's facing a 3 man defense that has two powerful stoppers so any aerial service can be dealt by them.

And it's Ibra, not a battering ram who plays on the shoulder of the defense. Ibra at his peak would drop deep constantly and used his creativity to bring others in, which is Scirea's bread and butter and he won't allow any of that link up. We are talking about the greatest when it comes to reading the game, and he will always stay a couple of moves ahead of the Swede.

Vieri aside every player in my team has defensive contribution which is why the team has a classic Serie A side look. We'll have enough numbers at the back not allow any 1v1s whatsoever. We have 5 defenders across the pitch all perfect fits with Popescu who is a defender-midfielder hybrid with Modric and Platini in close attendance. We'll defend in numbers and break with menace as soon as we get the ball with Modric, Platini and Scirea all world class at starting counters. Releasing the front two and lightning quick wingbacks with your team committed in attack. Your team will have tippy tappy passing in front of our defense and literally all of your front 6 are creative player and there's no balance there by having off the ball outlets. Dzajic will need high usage to influence the game, as does Ibra, and your midfield needs their fair share of the ball. With Ibra dropping deep, Rivaldo dropping in that same zone and those midfielders advancing it will end up in a bit of a clusterfeck.

All that is during the phase you are having a spell of possession. We aren't parking the bus or playing deep the whole game, as soon as our players get into rhythm we will constantly stretch your defense around with the ball passed around your box, and with the lack of any defensive midfield both Platini and Del Piero will have easy routes to goal, especially with Vieri stretching them vertically and being constantly on the move being a general annoyance for the defense. We can easily go on the front foot and control possession with all three of my midfielders and Del Piero being super comfortable on the ball, and with Scirea to recycle possession if needed.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Moby

VS

Oaencha

2 brilliant teams but the Juve can rely on Platini as the deciding factor

A pity not to have fast forwards to exploit the passing skills of Alonso/Pirlo :drool: