DP Draft - R1: Sjor Bepo vs Zlatan7

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!

------------------------------------SJOR BEPO---------------------------------------------------------------------------ZLATAN7---------------------------------------

SJOR BEPO TACTICS

High line
High press
Possession based

Objective:
  • playing the game our way, dominate possession
  • forcing opposition to play the long ball considering there are plenty of players there that will/would struggle heavily under pressure; Virg, Rio and Katanec should dominate aerial duels after it happens
  • keeping the ball away from Diego and forcing him deep to pick up the ball when they eventually win it
  • opposition has a very narrow team so the aim was to congest central areas as much as possible; expecting both Zanetti and Lahm very narrow for majority of the game
ZLATAN7 TACTICS

Solid centre back pairing of lucio, more of a stopper and then sammer who can play out or cover if lucio does go wandering, paired with a strong defensive midfield base of Rijkaard and Gattuso that should allow the front four to have some freedom and run riot.

Bit iffy putting Maradona playing from the right with Kaka in the middle but I’ve seen him excel from there and think he will do well to pull defenders out of shape leaving Kaka that extra space to create from or go on his driving runs.

Henry an obvious threat from the left with his speed and cutting in for those lovely curling shots and then Salas sniffing out and harrying everything upfront. Looks pretty dangerous to me.

Good luck sjor

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Thanks, the queen.

bepo, who exactly are the players who are going to struggle under pressure and have to play a long ball? Not going to get calmer than rijkaard, lucio is more than capable of holding onto the ball and venturing forward with it. The full backs? Maybe.

kaka could be coming deep to get the ball, no need for Maradona to do that, and if he does then the hole will be left for Kaka to fill.
also both Henry and Maradona are more than capable of keeping width if that’s where the space is.

I’ve also seen how VVD likes to feck about on the ball while in position, that will be fun with Salas all over him.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Primarly meant gattuso and friedel, in addition im not a fan of azpi as a fullback so can see him struggling a bit while Lucio who is fine, i feel would be fairly easy to set traps for.

Both Henry and Diego will want to go inside, naturally. In fact you would want him inside(specially considering draft theme) so either they are underused and will underperform or is your team narrow as feck which would be fairly easy to defend.

Good luck btw, tomorrow we continue.

Šjor Bepo

Sjor's team is more balanced and better built, but the sheer player quality in Zlatan's team is just too much to ignore. Not really Kaka's team, but he has played with other AMs in Milan, so should be able to adjust.
Id say he has the “star power” with Rijkaard and Diego but if we compare players im not sure he has the overall edge.
My whole defence is better then his, Id take Katanec over the italian dog any day of the week and Lewa dwarfs Salas. Iniesta over Kaka as well.

Also pretty much every player in my team is put in a position to shine, same cant be said for his.
Sammer in a back 4, Azpi in a back 4, Salas leading the line and Henry pushed out wide.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Id say he has the “star power” with Rijkaard and Diego but if we compare players im not sure he has the overall edge.
My whole defence is better then his, Id take Katanec over the italian dog any day of the week and Lewa dwarfs Salas. Iniesta over Kaka as well.

Also pretty much every player in my team is put in a position to shine, same cant be said for his.
Sammer in a back 4, Azpi in a back 4, Salas leading the line and Henry pushed out wide.
I agree your defence may be better than mine but then I’d also say it needs to be to handle my attack, lewa may be better than salas but there is nothing wrong with salas leading this line, greatest Chilean striker ever, will have Henry and Maradona to play off, will not give your two centre backs a seconds rest. VVD and Rio are also not very well balanced imo with both wanting to play a simile game.

I’d say Henry would be more than comfortable playing as a narrow wide forward and also no issue if he had to go wider to pull your defence around, same for Maradona who would shine anywhere on the field.

Im Not sure why the issue with azpi as right back is? It may not be ideal but he’s hardly playing somewhere he’s not used to.

As for the dog, he’s not there on his own like you’ve played katanac, he’s there in a two to pure harry, kick, chase and get the ball back.

I just can’t see your team preventing lots of goals scored past them. The two centrebacks and two defensive mids I have are just two solid and hard as feck, you’d need to go wide if anything and rely on crossing to lewa. I don’t fancy your chances there much either.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Ffs, Zlatan you had Ariel Ortega to play on RW with Diego and Salas? Would be a nice touch (was heavily compared to Diego in his youth) and made a team more balanced with Diego in the centre of it.

Šjor Bepo

Any more on Cherenkov @Šjor Bepo ?
Here is a nice article - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55331685

Also i made one compilation against the likes of Lerby, Laudrup, Elkjaer and co. where you can see Lerby having a tough time against him + a good seeing of his workrate.

I doubt you have 30 minutes to spend on Cherenkov so if you only have time for one id suggest this one, honestly its one of the best match compilations you will ever see.....pure magic. Also against a very good Brugge side with Franky Van der Elst, Ceulemans, Papin etc.

Šjor Bepo

I agree your defence may be better than mine but then I’d also say it needs to be to handle my attack, lewa may be better than salas but there is nothing wrong with salas leading this line, greatest Chilean striker ever, will have Henry and Maradona to play off, will not give your two centre backs a seconds rest. VVD and Rio are also not very well balanced imo with both wanting to play a simile game.

I’d say Henry would be more than comfortable playing as a narrow wide forward and also no issue if he had to go wider to pull your defence around, same for Maradona who would shine anywhere on the field.

Im Not sure why the issue with azpi as right back is? It may not be ideal but he’s hardly playing somewhere he’s not used to.

As for the dog, he’s not there on his own like you’ve played katanac, he’s there in a two to pure harry, kick, chase and get the ball back.

I just can’t see your team preventing lots of goals scored past them. The two centrebacks and two defensive mids I have are just two solid and hard as feck, you’d need to go wide if anything and rely on crossing to lewa. I don’t fancy your chances there much either.
For me Salas always played his best when he had freedom to roam around his leading striker. From Zamorano in the national team through Boksic, Vieri at Lazio etc. He can maybe do it alone but one thing is for sure, it wouldnt be the best use of him.

First you saying Henry and Diego are more then comfortable offering width, now you arguing how they are comfortable playing narrow? Which one is it? Because Henry that started out wide and was floating inside is a shell of a player that started inside and floated wide, its a massive difference. For me, you lack proper width on both sides, which wouldnt be an issue if your players were suited to a narrow game in tight spaces, but they are not. Gattuso is utter shit on the ball, Kaka loves space etc.

There is no issue, just me not rating the right back Azpi nowhere near as i rate the IMO by far the best version - centerback in a back three.

Katanec isnt on his own, he is playing in a midfield three, but thats not the point.
You dont fancy my chances, i dont fancy yours, guess that how it should be :D who even invited you?

Šjor Bepo

Not many are familiar with Katanec so i finally decided to make a vid.....started few times but it never clicked, either its a poor picture or you cant tell which one is Katanec or the opposition is crap etc. Finally found a game where i got a check on all 3 fronts, and the poor bastard gets injured in the first half :lol:
Whats also tough is to find Katanec is a role you need because he is one of the most versatile players around - b2b, dm, fullback, centerback, back 3, back 4 - you name it, he shined in it. A bit sad he isnt getting any love considering he was doing it in what most consider best/toughest league ever, in fact that whole Sampa side isnt getting much love which is quite bizarre considering the plaudits sides like Napoli and Verona are getting(both rightly so). Absolutely key player in a side that won Serie A, Italian Cup, Cup Winners Cup and also reached a European Cup Final all in the period of 3, 4 years.

Playing in a b2b role here but with a lot of defensive responsability, you can see he is quite comfortable in possession(100% passing in cca half an hour) and pretty good in defensive recoveries.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Good game Bepo, I agreed with most of your points made tbh, I was happy to keep it close enough to make a contest.

Šjor Bepo

Good game Bepo, I agreed with most of your points made tbh, I was happy to keep it close enough to make a contest.
Cheers, will be joining you after nect round so keep the bench warm!