Duo return from loans

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
John Cofie and Gyliano van Velzen have returned to United following loan spells with Sheffield United and Royal Antwerp respectively.

Striker Cofie has been part of the Blades' first-team plans for much of their season as they aim to gain promotion to the Championship and recently spoke about hoping to see out the campaign in Sheffield.

However, he has headed back to Manchester and will be joined at Carrington by van Velzen (pictured). The Dutchman has been stationed at Royal Antwerp and scored his first senior goal whilst in Belgium.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...n-velzen-and-john-cofie-return-to-united.aspx

Apologies if this has been posted.

What's the assessment on these 2 so far from the more seasoned reserve/youth team watchers? From what I saw they had bags of potential

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
For the sake of the U21 team I hope they play for our reserves for the 2nd half of the season! I really enjoyed watching Cofie when he was here last, and with King sold and Henriquez on loan we could use another striker.

Van Velzen could slot right in on the wing as well, especially with Brady and Bebe on loan.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
For the sake of the U21 team I hope they play for our reserves for the 2nd half of the season! I really enjoyed watching Cofie when he was here last, and with King sold and Henriquez on loan we could use another striker.

Van Velzen could slot right in on the wing as well, especially with Brady and Bebe on loan.
VV struck me as a genuine left winger with a lot of talent.Do we have good lefties, apart from Jack Barmby?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Thanks, forgot about him. You know whenever I've seen him he appears all over the place.Does he have a free reign to drift?
Haven't seen a lot of him but whenever I have he reminds me of Silva. Drifts all over the place like Silva does for City and creates plenty of chances. Our best talent ahead of Daelhi I'd say

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout

When did we sell King?

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Thanks, forgot about him. You know whenever I've seen him he appears all over the place.Does he have a free reign to drift?
VV is much more of a down-the-wing wide player whereas Januzaj tends to drift inside to combine with Daehli and Pereira.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I imagine it's so we can still remain competitive at the U21 level. Same with Amos
I kinda hope that's not the case, because development is much more important than trophies or wins at this level. Hopefully the idea is that this Elite Group in the U21 league will be a real challenge to our players, and as valuable as a loan.

But if they end up going back on loan somewhere else I'm sure it's for the best.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Can I also point out that Lingard has also returned.