Gaming E3 is cancelled forEv3r

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Ironically, the company that the people in this video made ("Easy Allies") seems to be one step behind E3 in shutting down. At the risk of appearing like an old man shaking his fist at clouds, why does everything fun get ruined?
They're shutting down again? I had two bookmarks on my PC when I was a teenager; gametrailers.com and ganetralers.com (I didn't know how to delete bookmarks back then).

I agree with you; everything nowadays is shit. GT had an amazing forum, great videos, just all round top content. You felt like the hype surrounding games was genuine instead of entirely manufactured. Obviously it was always manufactured but at least studios tried to pretend like their audience weren't drooling idiots.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It's kind of a shame but it's no longer necessary and maybe it's better if people aren't coming from all over for this one event considering the carbon footprint

Superunknown

I'm sad about this. I've got many great memories of following this as a kid. Felt really exciting and loved the build-up and the reveals, plus the chats afterwards. The buzz around gaming and reveals just doesn't hit the same anymore.

Ainu

It's been dead for a while. Oh well, we'll always have Sony's legendary 2005 edition full of the most hilariously fake trailers ever seen, followed by their even more legendary 2006 edition of "599 dollars!", "So here's this giant enemy crab", "Attack its weak point for MASSIVE damage" and "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Racer!".

Guess we'll just have to count on Geoff Keighley to keep providing us with festivals of cringe and bull-shots in the future.

Bebe

They're shutting down again? I had two bookmarks on my PC when I was a teenager; gametrailers.com and ganetralers.com (I didn't know how to delete bookmarks back then).

I agree with you; everything nowadays is shit. GT had an amazing forum, great videos, just all round top content. You felt like the hype surrounding games was genuine instead of entirely manufactured. Obviously it was always manufactured but at least studios tried to pretend like their audience weren't drooling idiots.
Yeah, after GT shut down a bunch of their talent started Easy Allies, but then that group has seen its bigger names leave over time and they recently announced a dramatic downsizing and that it's now only a part time job for those remaining.

GameTrailers was one of my most visited websites for years. Between 2014-2020 I fell out of gaming a bit (other than discovering FromSoft games), and when I came back it felt like all the places I used to go for information were dead, or had turned crap (Kotaku, Eurogamer etc). It often seems to me that the people writing or talking about games don't actually like games, whereas that GT clip is a pretty good example of people being as excited as the audience if not more so.