Embedded tweets not loading for me on Firefox and Chrome

Brophs

The One and Only
Evening folks,

In the last few days or so embedded tweets aren't loading for me. When I click the blank tweet box it brings me to the tweet on Twitter. I've tried restarting/clearing history etc. I wonder could it be an internet issue. I've got Eir broadband, but I've also tried connecting via the personal hotspot on my phone, on the Eir mobile network.

I'm a reasonble guy, so I'll treat this in the same way as when I approach customer service in Tesco: if my problem is solved in between 6 & 8 minutes, we'll say no more about it. Anything beyond that and I'm going to start throwing around some pretty spicy language, based largely upon race and sexual orientation or gender.

Balljy

Are you using LastPass? That updated a couple of days ago and is causing the same issue for me, disabling the extension makes embedded tweets work again but that's not a great long term solution.

Brophs

The One and Only
Are you using LastPass? That updated a couple of days ago and is causing the same issue for me, disabling the extension makes embedded tweets work again but that's not a great long term solution.
@Balljy Spot on. That's the ticket. Not like these other piles of congealed jizz who somehow got jobs as mods on here.

StonedhamsterZA

Seems removing or disabling the extension does fix it, as @Balljy has mentioned. Worth noting that I tried re-adding the extension again, but that causes the problem to reoccur.

Hope the mods can come up with something, as this is pretty frustrating.

Balljy

Seems removing or disabling the extension does fix it, as @Balljy has mentioned. Worth noting that I tried re-adding the extension again, but that causes the problem to reoccur.

Hope the mods can come up with something, as this is pretty frustrating.
Yeah, it's annoying. It's a LastPass issue rather than a Caf one and there's a fix coming in the next couple of weeks according to their forums.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
This happening to me on Chrome mobile

bringbackbebe

I'm also having this issue, on Chrome, but only from this evening.

wtf is Lastpass?
Do you have any adblocker like uBlock Origin on? It's a privacy setting to disable embedded tweets so twitter can't track you all over the internet to collect your data to sell to ad-brokers. You can enable loading embedded tweets if so.

croadyman

Can't get the embedded tweets to load,can anyone suggest anything to remedy it

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
For me theyre working but load very slowly and by the time theyre rendered my browser (chrome on android) becomes very laggy especially if there are a lot of them. I can open heavier websites just fine includint twitter itself. They have fecked up their embedding feature havent they?