Emre Can to join Juventus

Raw

Not bad on a free. Liverpool really need some midfield reinforcement this summer.

Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Oxlaide-Chamberlain and Lallana won't be good enough to challenge for the title. Keita is a good start though.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Not bad on a free. Liverpool really need some midfield reinforcement this summer.

Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Oxlaide-Chamberlain and Lallana won't be good enough to challenge for the title. Keita is a good start though.
Good enough for UCL final though...

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Not sure if i got the fee wrong or the khedira bit?

Thought he was free? If that’s the case, you’re laughing at the khedira bit? Khedira is getting on a bit in age and he’s not the physical specimen he used to be at Madrid imo. He’s also suffered a couple of knee injuries this season.

Just my opinion anyway. And I quite liked prime Khedira.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Not sure if i got the fee wrong or the khedira bit?

Thought he was free? If that’s the case, you’re laughing at the khedira bit? Khedira is getting on a bit in age and he’s not the physical specimen he used to be at Madrid imo. He’s also suffered a couple of knee injuries this season.

Just my opinion anyway. And I quite liked prime Khedira.
He´s free, but he ain´t better than Khedira. Liverpool won´t miss him much. If Fekir comes in *fingers crossed* and Lallana is healthy again the midfield options are Henderson, Keita, Milner, Wijnaldum, Fekir, Lallana, Ox and Grujic. No need for Can.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He´s free, but he ain´t better than Khedira. Liverpool won´t miss him much. If Fekir comes in *fingers crossed* and Lallana is healthy again the midfield options are Henderson, Keita, Milner, Wijnaldum, Fekir, Lallana, Ox and Grujic. No need for Can.
I thought he’s developed quite well - has Can, and I’m one of those who thought he was a bit of a headless chicken a season or 2 ago. I’d probably rather have him than the likes of Wijnaldum and Ox etc. But I agree about the Keita bit - he’s a definite upgrade on Can, from the little I know of him but I’d say Fekir plays a different position?

But overall if Pool managed to sign those 2, their midfield will look decent yeah. Maybe a DM or upgrade on Henderson in the future.

Btw, are you a pool fan? Always thought you were a united fan.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
No need for Can, he's average anyway now that he's leaving Liverpool.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Wow. This came completely out of the blue. Juventus getting their business done nice and quietly.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
This has been on the cards for ages. I think negotiations broke down when we wouldn’t agree to insert a buy out clause into his contract.

It’s a shame because I rate Can, he’s better than Henderson imo.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
This has been on the cards for ages. I think negotiations broke down when we wouldn’t agree to insert a buy out clause into his contract.

It’s a shame because I rate Can, he’s better than Henderson imo.
and he doesn't run like he's shat himself.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
It's been reported for ages
Pretty sure Samid was joking :D

But yeah, it's a pretty big loss, especially as we've a major shortcoming in midfield depth right now. This is the last thing we needed, but fair play to Emre.

RichMet

Supports
Liverpool
Bit
Pretty sure Samid was joking :D

But yeah, it's a pretty big loss, especially as we've a major shortcoming in midfield depth right now. This is the last thing we needed, but fair play to Emre.
Disappointed he's gone, but no major surprise. I like him and I think he's probably a bit better than the likes of Henderson and Gini, that being said I don't think he's the ideal klopp player as he's a bit cumbersome sometimes.

Kieta coming in is great, but I think we need another midfielder if we are going to mount any sort of league challenge - especially with the Ox out until November.

Equally not sure about fekir being the signing we need, doesn't seem an ideal fit in a klopp team for me - very talented but bit of the coutinho about him - great player but perhaps wrong fit but if anyone can fit him in then klopp will.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Great signing on a free, not as good as peak Khedira but can get there. He has a lot of talent but doesn't have the brain you match it, he needs to be slower on the ball and think more, really prone to making rash decisions. A very good all round midfielder who can be a great engine to have in the middle to complement other players.

Really looking forward to how he develops in the slower Italian league, with more focus on tactics than brute force.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
wait, you’re a Liverpool fan?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I can never tell if you’re a Liverpool fan but now I’m convinced you are.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I just thought you were a neutral fan

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
Most Pool fans are not as upset as me about how he's gone about his business. But putting that aside the thing that annoys me most is that he thinks he is better than what he is. A few decent performnces at CB alongside Sahko and Skrtel when he was relatively inexperienced and that overhead kick at Watford, that's all I'll remember him for the hair gel loving so and so.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s genuinely rubbish. Will suit Italian football down to the ground.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
do you think Gruijic will stay next year or go back to Cardiff? I think it would be wise to let him have another season in Cardiff.