Enzo Fernández | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodzy

Don't know why people are jealous of Chelsea, what they are doing is a huge gamble.

If this collection of new players don't gel, which considering the strategy seems almost non-existent, has a good chance of happening, then Chelsea become the laughing stock of football with huge problems to solve.

On the other hand they might have bought themselves back into top 4 contention for next season and title contention beyond that, but only time will tell.

IFC 1905

It’s guys like this on Twitter that infuriate. He genuinely believes it’s Chelsea’s pulling power.

Chelsea with the last try to sign Enzo Fernandez this transfer window. Benfica won't accept it unless the offer is the release clause value. Their intention is to retain the player. Enzo Fernandez won't push.

SinNombre

We took Ajax’s manager, captain and then vastly overpaid for a player they insisted wasn’t for sale right before the deadline - ala Chelsea now. I get it has been a whole 5 months since we spent 220m and Weghorst isn’t a shiny enough toy to placate your appetite but this whole THE WORLD IS ENDING SIGN PLAYERS NOW act you have in every thread is really tedious.
How did he even get promoted? Should support Barca, City, Chelsea like clubs with infinite spending and muppeting.

Blood Mage

This place never fails to go all drama queen whenever a rival signs a player. Never go full drama queen.
I used to do this, but that's because our coach at the time inspired zero confidence so I thought we should offset that by getting the best players we could get (spoiler alert we didn't). Now we have a coach with a clear plan and system I no longer think we need world class players in every position, we just need players who fit the system.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Don't know why people are jealous of Chelsea, what they are doing is a huge gamble.

If this collection of new players don't gel, which considering the strategy seems almost non-existent, has a good chance of happening, then Chelsea become the laughing stock of football with huge problems to solve.

On the other hand they might have bought themselves back into top 4 contention for next season and title contention beyond that, but only time will tell.
One scenario is more likely than the other, unfortunately

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
They have already injected 500 of the 750m that they were planning to over 10 years in team recruitment.

And PE firms, unlike Abra, are not going to run Chelsea as a charity. There are many ways to get money out of a club which are not dividends.
They have so much money they aren't trying to take anything out of Chelsea. Their focus has always been long-term investing - and with Chelsea it's pretty clear they are banking on club valuations continuing to climb over the next decade.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

Chelsea with the last try to sign Enzo Fernandez this transfer window. Benfica won't accept it unless the offer is the release clause value. Their intention is to retain the player. Enzo Fernandez won't push.
Umm…haven’t Benfica seen what Romano said? Chelsea are going to insist. Like seriously insist. Rui can reject their offer all he wants - the ENTIRE board are going to insist.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Didn't UEFA put a stop this those 7 year deals last week?
The rule will start this summer that it can only be amortized for 5 years for FFP. Clubs can still sign for longer than 5 years. The rest of this window teams still get to spread it over the entire length.

SinNombre

They have so much money they aren't trying to take anything out of Chelsea. Their focus has always been long-term investing - and with Chelsea it's pretty clear they are banking on club valuations continuing to climb over the next decade.
I think you and some other Chelsea fans would do well to read up your history on how PE firms operate.

Their only interests are in generating a shareholder return.

Irrational.

It will be hilarious seeing Chelsea fail to achieve Europe next season and then Potter sacked just for the shits and giggles only for the shit sandwich rollercoaster to start up again next season.

StiffTackle

Badiashile, Fofana, Malo Gusto all good players.
Badiashille and Fofana have both had their injuries in the last couple of years so it will be interesting to see how they develop. I dont know enough about Badiashille but Fofana looked great at Leicester.

Gusto will also be interesting, Ive heard he can be suspect defensively and its not clear to me how they will manage his development alongside Reece James.

Just wondered whether I was missing something on the young players they bought - slonina, chukwuemka, Santos etc

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I think you and some other Chelsea fans would do well to read up your history on how PE firms operate.

Mate they control $70-75 billion in assets. Their strategy is and has always been built on long-term investing - they aren't going to compromise potentially billions of ROI over the coming decade, and they can't sell until they've owned the club for 10 years anyway.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Mate they control $70-75 billion in assets. Their strategy is and has always been built on long-term investing - they aren't going to compromise potentially billions of ROI over the coming decade, and they can't sell until they've owned the club for 10 years anyway.
You're saying that you're going to make a profit consistently?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Fabrizio is so annoying at the way he talks, "Chelsea structure 100% all in" like give it a rest lad, I doubt the stadium toilets care
:lol:

I popped by the Bridge this evening. No fecker there. The receptionist, the cleaners, the folks in the club shop all on the plane to Portugal to try get this deal over the line.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I really, really wanted Enzo...

I'm afraid Chelsea is building a really good squad here. I want to believe they're screwing this up. Some of you are adamant.

But, I fear. Sons of beetchesss!

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
You're saying that you're going to make a profit consistently?
No - that Chelsea as an asset will accumulate value and in a decade will be sellable for more than what they've paid and invested. Boehly et al are gambling that football continues to grow from a revenue perspective.

Berbaclass

No - that Chelsea as an asset will accumulate value and in a decade will be sellable for more than what they've paid and invested. Boehly et al are gambling that football continues to grow from a revenue perspective.
Why would anyone buy Chelsea once the value has been squeezed out

Mainoldo

Mate you are talking 20 years and then some. There not going to sell up in 10 years unless something drastic goes wrong.

Thats a lot of time to blow through money and not win major honours.

Berbaclass

Sorry not following - what value is being squeezed out in this scenario?
The more they are worth the less appealing they become to potential investors surely. What's in it for them at that point after any potential growth? The current sale was a unique situation.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I really, really wanted Enzo...

I'm afraid Chelsea is building a really good squad here. I want to believe they're screwing this up. Some of you are adamant.

But, I fear. Sons of beetchesss!
I prefer us signing Mac Allister. More technical and press resistance. Just let them have Enzo.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Mate you are talking 20 years and then some. There not going to sell up in 10 years unless something drastic goes wrong.

Thats a lot of time to blow through money and not win major honours.
True - I'm not arguing that they will definitely sell in a decade, just that the incentives aren't there for them to take money out of the club in the short term given they haven't done that before and they literally can't contractually.

The more they are worth the less appealing they become to potential investors surely. What's in it for them at that point after any potential growth? The current sale was a unique situation.
That's only an issue if/when revenue growth in the PL as a whole and Chelsea in particular starts to slow. And if we become worth much more we are also more appealing to private ownership who cares about prestige more than ROI.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
And then there is this delusion that I've only wanted Enzo since yesterday. I told my friend I said, "WTF dude! You think I'm clueless? I know footies! I watch some leagues, you know. A week is a long time in football and I've wanted him for a long time. Now shut yer mouth."

Berbaclass

True - I'm not arguing that they will definitely sell in a decade, just that the incentives aren't there for them to take money out of the club in the short term given they haven't done that before and they literally can't contractually.

That's only an issue if/when revenue growth in the PL as a whole and Chelsea in particular starts to slow. And if we become worth much more we are also more appealing to private ownership who cares about prestige more than ROI.
Then surely they would look elsewhere than Chelsea.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Will they really let Caicedo and him leave
I don’t see why can’t they let both leave as long as we don’t leave it in the final window to allow Brighton to find replacement. Both are leaving in different windows.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea

I think you should read up on how vastly different PI forms approach investment, and what the goal of that investment is. I’ve explained this too many times to count, so if you want to believe Chelsea will be the vast exception to how they treat investment in their sporting IPs you are free to be wrong.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Then surely they would look elsewhere than Chelsea.
Boehly was a Chelsea season ticket holder I believe. He tried to buy Chelsea multiple times before the forced sale.

I know you guys don’t attach the Chelsea brand with prestige, but a LOT of people do, and that number is growing The “we ain’t got no history” slogan is genius. A friend went to Orlando for the match day broadcast recently, he’s a Liverpool fan, not American, and he was shocked by the sea of Chelsea supporters there.

In a sport where “traditional teams” treat “new” or “casual” fans like dirt quite often … Chelsea has an in.

The next team they are going after is the Washington Commanders, where I know his family used to be season ticket holders back in the RFK stadium days. Idk if the league will force the sale there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.