Eric Ramsey - Set Piece Coach | Agreed deal with Minnesota United

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Yeah just commenting on how out of the way it is relative to driving the most direct route between Minneapolis and Fargo.
Yeah I know but that’s irrelevant :lol:

The overarching point is that the film is predominantly based in Minnesota

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He was assistant coach though, not just “set piece guy.” You’d think fans would’ve learnt their lesson after Carrick and McKenna, but here we are.
Pretty sure he'd never be able to promote his MLS team to Championship.

mark_a

Evidence from all our set pieces suggests this guy was terrible. Corners don't get past the first man & we're not a threat at all. Corners and free kicks are just as likely to result in the other side attacking. It's one of the basics we just don't do

I also noted that Reguillon took part in a clever set piece free kick for his new club after he left United!

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Evidence from all our set pieces suggests this guy was terrible. Corners don't get past the first man & we're not a threat at all. Corners and free kicks are just as likely to result in the other side attacking. It's one of the basics we just don't do

I also noted that Reguillon took part in a clever set piece free kick for his new club after he left United!
Not much a coach can do about poor delivery.

We did at least have more variation the last couple of years, with a decent amount of different short corner plays that resulted in goal attempts. When the delivery was good, we scored every now and then. McTominay etc. Not enough though. We also concede too many goals from set pieces.

We’ve also scored a few goals from especially left-sided free kicks taken by Shaw.

Ramsay was also responsible for individual development and first team coaching. Not sure how much imput he’s had on set pieces under EtH.

Would be nice if we recruited a proper set piece coach though. Could make a big difference.

IRN-BRUno

Arsenal have scored 50 goals from set-pieces since their coach took over in July 2021. So they're averaging well over 15 per season in that time, I doubt we've even managed 15 across those 3 years. A top coach in this area has the potential to gain us a lot of extra points.

mark_a

Not much a coach can do about poor delivery.

We did at least have more variation the last couple of years, with a decent amount of different short corner plays that resulted in goal attempts. When the delivery was good, we scored every now and then. McTominay etc. Not enough though. We also concede too many goals from set pieces.

We’ve also scored a few goals from especially left-sided free kicks taken by Shaw.

Ramsay was also responsible for individual development and first team coaching. Not sure how much imput he’s had on set pieces under EtH.

Would be nice if we recruited a proper set piece coach though. Could make a big difference.
That's it. It's the fact that teams further down the league really try and use set pieces, and when teams get stuff at Old Trafford there's a sense of threat! I

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Will we lose anything? As far as I know our set pieces have been total garbage. If thats the result of his coaching then we dont need it. Because surely there hasnt been a significant difference between with and without the coach. Its all about do your thing and insha allah.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Did we lose anything? As far as I know our set pieces have been total garbage. If thats the result of his coaching then we dont need it. Because surely there hasnt been a significant difference between with and without the coach. Its all about do your thing and insha allah.
I’d be careful.. Carrick and McKenna got a lot of stick during Ole managing us and then they got praised at there new clubs. It depends if he as a say in a lot at training, I’ve a feeling Ole over ruled the training sessions and just had Carrick and McKenna running them. Ramsey may do well at Minnesota.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Will we lose anything? As far as I know our set pieces have been total garbage. If thats the result of his coaching then we dont need it. Because surely there hasnt been a significant difference between with and without the coach. Its all about do your thing and insha allah.
It’s not like set pieces were the only thing he worked on.

As @DJ_21 said, who knows if he goes on to do well just like Carrick & McKenna. He was very highly rated when we got him from Chelsea.