Ethan Laird | Birmingham watch

TomMUFC8

Best of luck to him. A shame that we are well off at RB at the moment. So much of a young players future at United just comes down to timing and with Ethan, it's just the wrong time with Dalot and AWB there.

Was lucky enough to chat to him on pre-season in Melbourne, such a polite guy who you could tell loved the club. Will definitely keep an eye out this season for him.

El Jefe

To think that some thought he should have been around the first team on here! :lol:

Best of luck to him, very good player and will excel at that level.
It was extremely weird. I get that he was excellent in the academy and I thought he'd breakthrough but way too many posters ignored his many average loans in the Championship and were pushing for him to be fast tracked to a starter for us. The same people are doing the same with Hannibal. If you can't stand out in the championship, you have no business being in the PL, let alone playing for Manchester United.

What you do in the reserves or U18s means feck all if you can't excel in the Championship. Amad is an example of someone you have hopes for.

Ace of Spades

It was extremely weird. I get that he was excellent in the academy and I thought he'd breakthrough but way too many posters ignored his many average loans in the Championship and were pushing for him to be fast tracked to a starter for us. The same people are doing the same with Hannibal. If you can't stand out in the championship, you have no business being in the PL, let alone playing for Manchester United.

What you do in the reserves or U18s means feck all if you can't excel in the Championship. Amad is an example of someone you have hopes for.
That is not true. Just because a player does not stand out in the championship does not mean they were not good enough. Kane had poor loans before flourishing for Spurs and now most top teams are after him.

It is difficult to predict any players career, players develop at different rates. Some players develop slow, some develop early but then fizzle out for different reasons. And most young players have slow starts, the ones that can contribute at top clubs for teams challenging for titles are the exception.

It depends on a lot factors for any academy player to be a part of the United team, some players who were very good in the academy can fail to make the step up, and sometimes players who never stood out at the academy can surprisingly contribute and be useful.

jeepers

If he turns out to be as good as some of us thought him to be, he will be back.

All the best to him and hopefully his injury problems are behind him.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Sounds unfortunately quite familiar, but he got subbed of late in the first half. Hope it’s nothing serious this time.

TsuWave

Has anyone been watching him? how has he been doing? This just came across my timeline - so I assume he's doing well?

top1whoisman

Scout
Unfortunately the injury he suffered against Bristol City keeps him away from their matchday squad again tonight. The boy can’t catch a break. :(

top1whoisman

Scout
13 starts in the last 14 games, full 90 minutes in 10 of them. Too early to tell if he’s turned a corner in terms of injuries but it’s an impressive run for him anyway. Hope he stays healthy, the talent is there for sure.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
13 starts in the last 14 games, full 90 minutes in 10 of them. Too early to tell if he’s turned a corner in terms of injuries but it’s an impressive run for him anyway. Hope he stays healthy, the talent is there for sure.
He was one of the most sure things in our academy but as is often the case, the injuries robbed him of a proper shot.

Borninthe80ts

A top prospect on the level of Ravel and Gomes. Still young enough to progress in the Premier League if he stays injury free. Fingers crossed for him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He was one of the most sure things in our academy but as is often the case, the injuries robbed him of a proper shot.
I honestly didn't think he was that far off Greenwood, he was unbelievable.