Europa League Round of 16 Draw | LASK - United

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
When is it?
The draw takes place at UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland, on Friday 28 February. The live stream will begin here at 13:00 CET.

Who is involved?
The draw features the 16 round of 32 winners:

Basel (SUI)
Copenhagen (DEN)
Getafe (ESP)
Internazionale Milano (ITA)
İstanbul Başakşehir (TUR)
LASK (AUT)
Leverkusen (GER)
Manchester United (ENG)
Rangers (SCO)
Roma (ITA)
Sevilla (ESP)
Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
Wolfsburg (GER)
Wolves (ENG)
Arsenal (ENG) Olympiacos (GRE)
Eintracht Frankfurt (GER) / Salzburg (AUT)*

* Second leg on Friday at 18:00 CET

How does the draw work?
  • There are no seedings and no country protection, so teams can face opposition from the same national association.
  • Further restrictions will be confirmed before the draws.
When do the ties take place?

The first legs are scheduled for Thursday 12 March, with the second legs on Thursday 19 March. Kick-off times are split between 18:55 CET and 21:00 CET, as they were in the group stage and round of 32. The quarter-final and semi-final draws will take place on Friday 20 March.

Last edited:

PoTMS

I want Sevilla. Let's finally feck these pricks.

Member 90887

It's weird that there's no French team in there this year.

I'd take the strongest right now, I'd say Inter or Arsenal. No point advancing then losing against one of the strongest teams. Just play them as soon as possible. Knocking them out augments our chances of winning it. Losing to them would let us focus on the league.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Rangers. That’d be a cracking tie, and revenge for making us miss the CL celebrations in 2008

No Love

How is that Austrian outfit, LASK? Surely they’d be the ones everyone is looking for, no?

Have a feeling we’ll get Arsenal, oddly.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Some decent teams left in this competition. Roma, Inter, Leverkusen being obvious stand outs.

Anduin

How is that Austrian outfit, LASK? Surely they’d be the ones everyone is looking for, no?
They are really, really good (well, for Austrian standards obviously). It’s probably their second best team ever, since they’ve only won one championship over here in the 60s. Obviously they do not have any “stars”, but they have a very clear structure and plan, maybe like a budget version of Liverpool.... well, more like a tiny budget version, as they are operating on a roughly 10 million euros budget.

They are extremely well organized, efficient, with a clear plan on what every single player needs to do on the pitch in order to get the job done. I reckon we would beat them over two legs, but not if we change the team around like we did against Brugge. Don’t let their results at the start of the season against Brugge fool you, they are a much better outfit now.

They dismantled Alkmaar, the second best team in the Netherlands, with relative ease.

Al-T

Don't mind as long as it's not feckin Wolves.

Another two games against them will be like a protracted dental extraction.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
I want Inter or Leverkusen
Roma vs Sevilla would be interesting
If Arsenal qualify, would like to see them draw Eintracht Frankfurt

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
There’s literally no team left in this competition that if we subsequently lose to, it’ll not be deemed an embarrassment (and I’m not saying that to be big-headed). United are a huge step up from every one of them in terms of prestige and worldwide fame. We simply have to go on and win this now. It’s a very decent opportunity we have although there’s quite a few tough opponents remaining (Leverkusen, Getafe, Inter, Wolves, Frankfurt and Salzburg).

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Some tough teams there, going to be a lot harder to win than it was in 2017

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Suddenly the list looks more dangerous. That Round of 32 really did cut out some shite.

stubie

Hopefully kind ties for both us and Wolves

I want a United-Wolves Final

PoTMS

The ones in bold are the only ones I'd be extremely confident about.

Basel (SUI)
Copenhagen (DEN)

Getafe (ESP)
Internazionale Milano (ITA)
İstanbul Başakşehir (TUR)
LASK (AUT)
Leverkusen (GER)

Rangers (SCO)
Roma (ITA)
Sevilla (ESP)
Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
Wolfsburg (GER)
Wolves (ENG)
Arsenal (ENG)
Eintracht Frankfurt (GER) / Salzburg (AUT)

No Love

They are really, really good (well, for Austrian standards obviously). It’s probably their second best team ever, since they’ve only won one championship over here in the 60s. Obviously they do not have any “stars”, but they have a very clear structure and plan, maybe like a budget version of Liverpool.... well, more like a tiny budget version, as they are operating on a roughly 10 million euros budget.

They are extremely well organized, efficient, with a clear plan on what every single player needs to do on the pitch in order to get the job done. I reckon we would beat them over two legs, but not if we change the team around like we did against Brugge. Don’t let their results at the start of the season against Brugge fool you, they are a much better outfit now.

They dismantled Alkmaar, the second best team in the Netherlands, with relative ease.
Funnily enough, I saw the Alkmaar result just after my previous post. Thanks for sharing your insight, I found that an interesting read.

w1thout

I want an easy draw, as both ties will be sandwiched between City, Spurs and Sheffield.

No Love

Have a feeling we’ll get Arsenal, oddly.
Looks like I jinxed them and put an end to that idea :lol:

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Bring on Rangers. We need to milk that chant as much as we can before the Dippers' title win is official.

diarm

I'd take the strongest right now, I'd say Inter or Arsenal. No point advancing then losing against one of the strongest teams. Just play them as soon as possible. Knocking them out augments our chances of winning it. Losing to them would let us focus on the league.
This is a good way of looking at it. Aside from Arsenal (lol) of course.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
There isn't going to be an easy draw except for that Austrian team.