Evans aiming to press claims

oskarutd

http://www.southshropshirejournal.com/sport/publish/article_15345.php

Winger Sean Evans will be desperate for a run of games as he enters the second half of his first full professional season with Premiership giants Manchester United.

The Ludlow youngster has seen his chances limited by injury, a hernia at the start of last year being followed by an untimely hamstring tear in the autumn.

It meant that the 19-year-old only had a few reserve team opportunities in which to press his claims for an extension to his one-year contract that ends this June.

He played and scored for a United XI that featured in a game to mark Northwich Victoria’s new ground in mid-November, while he came on as a substitute for the reserves for 15 minutes against Manchester City last month.

Now back to full fitness, he needs games under his belt to secure a future at Old Trafford.

“He needs to show what he can do, and to do that he needs to be playing,” said his father Mark, president of Ludlow Town FC.

“Fingers crossed hopefully he can now play a few games as time is running out.

“The problem at United is that they have a big squad, they have so many players and you’ve got to stand out.

“But hopefully they will take into account the injuries he’s had.”

ANWAR

Ballache13 said:
decent player, wont make it at United
on the contrary i reckon he will, i have been following his progress and i rated him as one of the four players whom i though were going to make it, Simpson, Gibson, Rossi and Evans, of these four i think evans has the greatest chance of making it.

M160RA

ANWAR said:
on the contrary i reckon he will, i have been following his progress and i rated him as one of the four players whom i though were going to make it, Simpson, Gibson, Rossi and Evans, of these four i think evans has the greatest chance of making it.
Wrong Evans.
You're probably thinking of Jonny Evans the defender.
Ballache is talking about Sean Evans the winger/forward.

ANWAR

M160RA said:
Wrong Evans.
You're probably thinking of Jonny Evans the defender.
Ballache is talking about Sean Evans the winger/forward.
sorry my bad, should really read the posts:D

westlife4ever

In the past 2 years I always thought Sean would make it at United, but injuries seem to interrupt his progress...

Hopefully he can stay away from injury for the rest of the season, and get some reserves games under his belt to show what he is all about.