FA Cup 4th round fixtures (replays Feb 4-5)

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Klopp has said that last April the PL said clubs must respect winter break and not organise friendlies. I’m glad he’s taking a stand against the scheduling shitshow.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Imagine the outrage if this was us.
I’d be annoyed if we took that attitude, but how did anyone think it was a good idea to schedule 4th round replays during winter break.

Nogbadthebad

The PL and FA should organise the schedule better. Klopp is technically correct - it is supposed to be a winter break. It’s farcical organisation again. After the CWC/EFL debacle it’s just another sign of how inept this country’s football authorities are.

He's not right.

If they didn't want a replay, win the game. Don't blame the result of his team's own poor play on everyone else.

Irrational.

You can't blame Klopp for wanting to sacrifice every competition except the PL this season. Even with such a healthy lead, he wants to ensure there isn't even the slightest chance of a feck up.

Paul_Scholes18

You can't blame Klopp for wanting to sacrifice every competition except the PL this season. Even with such a healthy lead, he wants to ensure there isn't even the slightest chance of a feck up.
I know Liverpool has not won for long, but I don't like that kind of mentality in managers even in good ones. To want to win everything would be more impressive.
That is why managers like Pep, SAF and Mourinho will be remembered more for winning it all during a season.
Treble wins are rare, but when you have a chance to do it then you should try.

Of course you can say Liverpool have not spent as much, but it is not like they have a poor squad and no money.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
And he could have had his winter break, by winning the game.

Your team did this, no one else.
When the PL said there would be a winter break there was no mention of it being conditional hence why they stated teams shouldn’t organise lucrative friendlies. FA and PL are at fault. Glad Klopp is saying feck off to them.

Paul_Scholes18

When the PL said there would be a winter break there was no mention of it being conditional hence why they stated teams shouldn’t organise lucrative friendlies. FA and PL are at fault. Glad Klopp is saying feck off to them.
Everyone knew about these dates. Why didn't he complain before?
He is just a very bad loser at times and it comes out even more now after you have won so much.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Everyone knew about these dates. Why didn't he complain before?
He is just a very bad loser at times and it comes out even more now after you have won so much.
everyone knows you can play youth in the cups so why is everyone making such a big deal of it?

the problem is not Klopp rotating or whatever you want to call it, the problem is with the clowns who scheduled replays in a winter “break”. Idiocy in action.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
PL teams who lost in this round get “rewarded” with a break yet teams who drew have an extra game during what was supposed to be the first ever winter break. How many other leagues have a break for some teams but not others?

Paul_Scholes18

PL teams who lost in this round get “rewarded” with a break yet teams who drew have an extra game during what was supposed to be the first ever winter break. How many other leagues have a break for some teams but not others?
It is still a break just shorter with a few days. Ask to play it tuesday and you have 2 days less break.

Cpt Negative

To my knowledge it’s the premier league that’s agreed a Winter break, not the FA.

Should have picked a stronger team today if he was really bothered about this.

game after game comes with being successful. But they’ve had 30 years of not understanding that

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
I'm 50/50 on this, if Klopp is telling the truth. I'm not ruling out the fact he's said this just to bring the ridiculous nature of a replay being scheduled in the middle of the winter break into discussion for the next week or so.

Given how rusty Lovren, Matip and Fabinho were today, an extra game for them would actually be a bonus I think. Coupled with likes of Milner, Shaqiri, Lallana and Keita who could also do with a good 90 minutes under their belts.

On the other hand, I respect his point about how the break was supposed to be a complete break, and again, the schedule makers have fecked up.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Klopp and Pep are both very vocal about poor scheduling, yet no-one listens to them. Maybe doing this will make the idiots responsible sit up and listen.

Paul_Scholes18

I'm 50/50 on this, if Klopp is telling the truth. I'm not ruling out the fact he's said this just to bring the ridiculous nature of a replay being scheduled in the middle of the winter break into discussion for the next week or so.

Given how rusty Lovren, Matip and Fabinho were today, an extra game for them would actually be a bonus I think. Coupled with likes of Milner, Shaqiri, Lallana and Keita who could also do with a good 90 minutes under their belts.

On the other hand, I respect his point about how the break was supposed to be a complete break, and again, the schedule makers have fecked up.
Have he mentioned this before though? Not heard anyone else complain about it. Still extra rest even with this extra game.
Also they got no league cup anymore so play much less than we do.
Ole should have complained about these things much more than Klopp should.

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
Have he mentioned this before though? Not heard anyone else complain about it. Still extra rest even with this extra game.
He hasn't mentioned this exact problem before about this replay, but in terms of bringing it up about winter breaks and replays in general, he's been consistent in his feelings about it all.

Cpt Negative

Klopp and Pep are both very vocal about poor scheduling, yet no-one listens to them. Maybe doing this will make the idiots responsible sit up and listen.
How is it poor scheduling? You’ve had to play 1 game out of sync because of winning the European cup, it’s the same for everyone going into this round knowing the replay dates.

the same two managers you mention are also well know to be two of biggest sore losers in the game. Win your game and this doesn’t happen, poor team selection if anything

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
every manager should be drawing attention to scheduling. I’m sure they do in private but only a few do publicly. We’re only getting to play our PL game against WHU this wed - the one postponed because of CWC. The issue isn’t just with FA, UEFA and FIFA are part of the problem. Of course money and sponsorship is the root cause of it all. The main sponsors behind the preseason ICC tournament want to expand it and make it more competitive. The CWC could soon be 24 teams and UEFA want to expand CL. Somewhere somebody has to say feck OFF.

Paul_Scholes18

He hasn't mentioned this exact problem before about this replay, but in terms of bringing it up about winter breaks and replays in general, he's been consistent in his feelings about it all.
Could he not have asked to play the replay on wendesday this week or something then? I guess the opponent would not like it.

I can understand why the FA want to give time before a replay so they can sell tickets and so on, but could have moved the league games then and have the replay next week. Would have given even longer break for those not having replays.
I guess they have the league cup semi finals too, but for those teams they could have moved the replay forward even longer.

Paul_Scholes18

every manager should be drawing attention to scheduling. I’m sure they do in private but only a few do publicly. We’re only getting to play our PL game against WHU this wed - the one postponed because of CWC. The issue isn’t just with FA, UEFA and FIFA are part of the problem. Of course money and sponsorship is the root cause of it all. The main sponsors behind the preseason ICC tournament want to expand it and make it more competitive. The CWC could soon be 24 teams and UEFA want to expand CL. Somewhere somebody has to say feck OFF.
Agree. Maybe they should just remove the replays to be honest. Also remove the second leg for the league cup semi final.
I like the replays though, but it makes it much harder to plan the games.

Since Pool are out of the league cup they can't really complain about too many games.
CL teams also have 2 less games to play than EL teams.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Agree. Maybe they should just remove the replays to be honest. Also remove the second leg for the league cup semi final.
I like the replays though, but it makes it much harder to plan the games.

Since Pool are out of the league cup they can't really complain about too many games.
CL teams also have 2 less games to play than EL teams.
absolutely. This country is too held back by tradition. feck replays in cup competitions. If small teams want money they should seed draw and let them always play away.

They need to put quality over quantity. Look at how many players got injured in or just after busy Xmas schedule.

Cpt Negative

a break the PL wrote a letter to every team telling them to take and not to organise any fixtures. He’s only doing what the PL requested.
good job it’s not called the Premier League FA cup isn’t it. Dates have been set since the start of the season, if it was this big of a problem, he’d have started a better team.
Klopp and his players fecked up and rather than take it on the chin, it’s easier to whinge about the fixtures

Paul_Scholes18

absolutely. This country is too held back by tradition. feck replays in cup competitions. If small teams want money they should seed draw and let them always play away.

They need to put quality over quantity. Look at how many players got injured in or just after busy Xmas schedule.
I think clubs should learn to rotate smarter though. Still playing in the heat down in Spain is probably easier.
For me the problem is during christmas when there is only 1 days rest for many teams.
Liverpool got more rest than anyone else too this year.
Still as long as you avoid the replays there will be rest for most teams during this period.

Feel like Liverpool has only themselfes to blame here anyway since they knew the dates before the game.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Not seeing the outrage here. Klopp is right. That said, why not just play all u23s today and probably go out? I think that was the plan against Everton, but, you know, Everton did an Everton.

Paul_Scholes18

I can't see any outrage, just a few people wondering why he is skipping a game himself.
Yeah he can just play a similar side that played today. Rest all his main men again even from the bench. Play the players not playing much and give them rest after the game. Then if he wants more personal rest in another country or something he could just let his assistants do the training during the break or near the end of the break.
They have Norwich next so should be a win for them.

11 days break rather than 14 is still a long break.