Television Feature length documentaries

nimic

something nice
Scout
It's good, but it is a bit dragged out. Like in episode 4 they introduce a completely new person and go back to when Sean was 9. This could have been shorter than 8 episodes, for sure. Or a film.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Innocent black man goes to jail for over 22 years for a crime he didn’t commit due to deeply entrenched racism and corruption in the Boston PD and all @nimic has to say is the story could have been shorter.

For shame.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Innocent black man goes to jail for over 22 years for a crime he didn’t commit due to deeply entrenched racism and corruption in the Boston PD and all @nimic has to say is the story could have been shorter.

For shame.
Those two former cops whose interviews they keep showing are making me racist against white people.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Okay I finished it. A bit dragged out for runtime (like when episode 7 ended with the new DA's speech, and episode 8 begins with us watching Sean watch the same speech), but it was good enough. Not entirely sure it proved Sean's innocence. Maybe I missed it, but did they ever explain how the (corrupt) cops found the pistols? The documentary cast an appropriate amount of doubt on the uncle's story, but how are they explaining the guns?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Okay I finished it. A bit dragged out for runtime (like when episode 7 ended with the new DA's speech, and episode 8 begins with us watching Sean watch the same speech), but it was good enough. Not entirely sure it proved Sean's innocence. Maybe I missed it, but did they ever explain how the (corrupt) cops found the pistols? The documentary cast an appropriate amount of doubt on the uncle's story, but how are they explaining the guns?
I think the theory is that they were planted, likely by the other cop(s) who killed him. Wasn’t there something said about him hitting on the underaged daughter of another dirty cop?

Plus there was never any mention of ballistics, they just relied on the supposed eye witness brought in by Brazil saying that she’d seen the two men and then the coerced story from the uncle who was being threatened with going back to prison for the rest of his life, again by Brazil and the other guy whose named sounded like “et cetera”.

Literally everything led back to the corrupt shitbag cops, and I’m convinced the “that case is as clean as they come” asshole was involved too.

Gavinb33

Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau (Disney+)

A biopic looking at the life of legendary Big wave rider and the 1st life guard at Waimea Bay, he was also so much more as well, a great story about a native islander who achieved so much in a short life, he died at aged 32 on a doomed trip on a Polynesian canoe, it was made by the same production company as other surf films like riding giants which I also recommend,

nimic

something nice
Scout
Need a new Ken Burns doc.
Have you watched The US and the Holocaust? 3-parter.

Edit: I guess it's not technically a Ken Burns doc, but he's involved.

I think the theory is that they were planted, likely by the other cop(s) who killed him. Wasn’t there something said about him hitting on the underaged daughter of another dirty cop?

Plus there was never any mention of ballistics, they just relied on the supposed eye witness brought in by Brazil saying that she’d seen the two men and then the coerced story from the uncle who was being threatened with going back to prison for the rest of his life, again by Brazil and the other guy whose named sounded like “et cetera”.

Literally everything led back to the corrupt shitbag cops, and I’m convinced the “that case is as clean as they come” asshole was involved too.
I read that some people think it might have been a drug dealer who got him when he was getting a blowjob from "Bunny".

I think maybe the documentary was a bit too scattered, although maybe they're afraid of making actual claims about these things, for legal reasons.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I read that some people think it might have been a drug dealer who got him when he was getting a blowjob from "Bunny".

I think maybe the documentary was a bit too scattered, although maybe they're afraid of making actual claims about these things, for legal reasons.
Yea quite possibly, but there’s no question in my mind Sean had nothing to do with it.

MiracleInMadrid

If you like a well told story, I'll recommend "Tim's Vermeer". Available in full length on Youtube:
It's a quite remarkable unveiling of how a legendary dutch painter most likely managed to make extremely accurate and realistic (almost photorealistic) paintings in the 17th century.
I have absolutely zero interest in paintings and historic painters, but this is one of the most interesting documentaries I have seen. It's well-put together, and uncovers a remarkable technique given the time period it was invented in.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
If you like a well told story, I'll recommend "Tim's Vermeer". Available in full length on Youtube:
It's a quite remarkable unveiling of how a legendary dutch painter most likely managed to make extremely accurate and realistic (almost photorealistic) paintings in the 17th century.
I have absolutely zero interest in paintings and historic painters, but this is one of the most interesting documentaries I have seen. It's well-put together, and uncovers a remarkable technique given the time period it was invented in.
Co-signed. I loved this (and I'm not a big fan of 17th century painting, to put it mildly!)

Last edited:

buchansleftleg

Thank you for highlighting this...it's amazing. The time lapse of the rug is a magical moment and proves his theory to my mind. It just appears out of thin air...I've never seen an artist do that!.