Fernandes and Maguire bust up? | according to manunited.core – the most trusted ITK in the business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berba's_Flick

Apologies if this has already been posted. Mods, please take this down if so.

A user on Reddit posted about this.

https://ke.opera.news/ke/en/sports/2fc750c170261856b7ae4cc2e64110c3

It is reported that Bruno Fernandes had a huge burst up with his captain Harry Maguire in the dressing room. Reports add that the burst up intensified until Ole decided to leave the Portuguese to calm down with Anthony Martial as the rest of the team went back for the second half.

The same report reveals that Bruno openly belittled and told Harry Maguire that he does not deserve to wear Manchester United. The manager and the coaching staff were forced to react and asked him to remain in the dressing room with Martial.

We obviously do not know the authenticity of this, but if it did I personally am so happy we have this cnut of a player in our team. We need players with his passion and drive and long may this continue. I wonder if the manager did the right thing by leaving him out though. Thoughts?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Completely made up - not thread worthy.

Steve Bruce

It is reported that Bruno Fernandes had a huge burst up with his captain Harry Maguire in the dressing room. Reports add that the burst up intensified until Ole decided to leave the Portuguese to calm down with Anthony Martial as the rest of the team went back for the second half.

The same report reveals that Bruno openly belittled and told Harry Maguire that he does not deserve to wear Manchester United. The manager and the coaching staff were forced to react and asked him to remain in the dressing room with Martial.

We obviously do not know the authenticity of this, but if it did I personally am so happy we have this cnut of a player in our team. We need players with his passion and drive and long may this continue. I wonder if the manager did the right thing by leaving him out though. Thoughts?
My thoughts are maguire needs to relinquish the armband and concentrate on being a CB & give it to Bruno who has obvious leadership skills

Nickelodeon

I don't think we should form or even discuss opinions around a topic which isn't yet confirmed. Could be absolutely fake.

In case there are issues pertaining to Maguire's performances or who our captain should be, there are other threads specific to the purpose.

Edit: " Bruno was subbed and his place was taken by Scott Mac Tomminy." This is an exact quote from the link mentioned. There's no way that this is a credible source.

SiRed

Heard the same story and instantly hoped it would be true.
Nobody likes a bad atmosphere in the dressing room but also nobody likes a team full of wasters. And whilst Bruno's action may have been over the top, he probably looked round and saw Ole playing Angry birds on his tablet, Carrick and Mckenna looking clueless and Phelan changing his shorts and thought *Fcuk this* and went in on Maguire as nobody else said anything.

Nice to have someone with high standards in the squad.

Probably not even true though.

If this is true. Big if. Almost certainly BS...

Then why the clamour for Bruno to be made Captain? Do we want someone who had to be brought off at half time to be our captain?

Or is it just the fact we are down as a club, and we think someone shouting and screaming is leadership?

I don’t see this as a particular positive for Bruno at all, if that’s an audition to be captain it’s a fail. I don’t doubt his commitment, but being in such a state to have to be substituted is not in any way a good example.

However, bust ups happen, we all move on. If it’s true, shame it’s made it out, but as I said most likely BS.

I heard this on Sunday and believe it to be true.

Bruno correctly bollocked Lindeloff for fecking up against Sevilla.

Bruno is clearly sick of the chumps at United who aren't good enough.

Could definitely be true. He let loose at Lindelof in full view of the cameras and has probably learned his lesson there, and his immediate reaction to the 4th? goal was easily as bad as that. We need more of that in the team.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This wouldn't surprise me if true. Bruno expects high standards and is a fiery character.

OverratedOpinion

If this is true. Big if. Almost certainly BS...

Then why the clamour for Bruno to be made Captain? Do we want someone who had to be brought off at half time to be our captain?

Or is it just the fact we are down as a club, and we think someone shouting and screaming is leadership?

I don’t see this as a particular positive for Bruno at all, if that’s an audition to be captain it’s a fail. I don’t doubt his commitment, but being in such a state to have to be substituted is not in any way a good example.

However, bust ups happen, we all move on. If it’s true, shame it’s made it out, but as I said most likely BS.
Well you say he "had to be brought off at half time". Ole chose to take him off at half time and things did not get a whole lot better, maybe if we had a player out there with his passion and standards for himself and teammates then we might have got a couple more goals and it would not have been so embarrassing.

Not saying any of that would have happened but him having a go at teammates when we were getting absolutely battered is a minimum expectation for me.

Zoo

It’s total bollocks but people will run with it because of their confirmation bias. It’s sad to see.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Kind of hope its true. Maguire deserves a right bollocking for his sub-par performances so far this season.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Let's work on the presumption that this is true.. Which I doubt it is.

Why are people praising Bruno? :lol:

He's lost his head at a team mate that much that he needs to be brought off? That doesn't scream captain material, it screams anger problems and spoilt brat to me.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Its an easy story to write. It writes itself. But we were all thinking it. In addition, these defenders should be fined every time they give the ball away in around our area. Complete liabilities and they need to be smarter. Practice guys...cause u aint got it

RashyForPM

It’s probably true honestly. Bruno doesn’t take shite. He bollocked Lindelof and broke a few doors because he got sent off in a random Portuguese league game against Boavista. He’s probably tired of watching Maguire mess up every week. People saying this is a failed audition, what is wrong with you? Let’s just keep standards low and criticise good players like Bruno for having a go at bad players like Maguire and Lindelof shall we.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Hope its true - that first half was as poor defensively as I've seen

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Bruno seems the sort of character that would do this. Anyway, I’m sure this stuff happens a lot no?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Almost definitely fake but Bruno (like the rest of the team) needs to sort his own performances out before having a go at anyone else.

GenZRed

Heard the same story and instantly hoped it would be true.
Nobody likes a bad atmosphere in the dressing room but also nobody likes a team full of wasters.
And whilst Bruno's action may have been over the top, he probably looked round and saw Ole playing Angry birds on his tablet, Carrick and Mckenna looking clueless and Phelan changing his shorts and thought *Fcuk this* and went in on Maguire as nobody else said anything.

Nice to have someone with high standards in the squad.

Probably not even true though.
I hope this is true too since it would prove there's at least one person in our squad who passionately cares about winning. About your point about a bad dressing room atmosphere, while yes it isn't good, I think every team needs at least one b*stard to igve the others a kick up the backside when they need it. If Fernande sis that person, he should be captain, since that is the sort of leader we need right now.

RashyForPM

He's lost his head at a team mate that much that he needs to be brought off? That doesn't scream captain material, it screams anger problems and spoilt brat to me.
:lol: Seriously, are you on something? Calling someone who wants high standards a spoilt brat. He did Ole’s job. Ole’s the idiot here for not doing the same and hauling Maguire off, instead bringing Bruno off. Besides, if his man management skills were that good, surely he would have calmed Bruno down?

Anyway, Keane literally knocked Heinze out. Did Fergie punish him? That’s a good man manager. He kept high standards, a bit like Bruno is doing now, but sadly not Ole.

RashyForPM

Almost definitely fake but Bruno (like the rest of the team) needs to sort his own performances out before having a go at anyone else.
Bruno’s performances far exceed Maguire’s, or Lindelof for that matter. If it’s true, he’s right to do it.

Well you say he "had to be brought off at half time". Ole chose to take him off at half time and things did not get a whole lot better, maybe if we had a player out there with his passion and standards for himself and teammates then we might have got a couple more goals and it would not have been so embarrassing.

Not saying any of that would have happened but him having a go at teammates when we were getting absolutely battered is a minimum expectation for me.
That’s the point though (again if true), he has got so wound up that he needs to be subbed off - how does that benefit the team? It doesn’t, it’s detrimental, and is that what you want from a captain?

clarkydaz

i head the rumour was Bruno and Matic, thats why they both never came out for the 2nd half. We left all the fight in the changing room

:lol: Seriously, are you on something? Calling someone who wants high standards a spoilt brat. He did Ole’s job. Ole’s the idiot here for not doing the same and hauling Maguire off, instead bringing Bruno off. Besides, if his man management skills were that good, surely he would have calmed Bruno down?

Anyway, Keane literally knocked Heinze out. Did Fergie punish him? That’s a good man manager. He kept high standards, a bit like Bruno is doing now, but sadly not Ole.
Keane’s captaincy wouldn’t work now. Loved him as a player and as a captain, but in 2020 his approach wouldn’t work.

We are now making lots of assumptions about an incident that’s most likely not even true.

The point I and other posters are making is that if any of our players need to be brought off at half time because they aren’t in the right frame of mind to play the second half - that’s not in any way something to celebrate.

Yes, we want passion. Determination and commitment. But we also need those players on the pitch, not locked in the dressing room for their own good.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Roy Keane would have to be subbed at half time in every other game if he was playing today.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I heard Maguire is still set to confront Bruno. He should reach him in approximately 40 years.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Are people seriously believing this?

The website looks like it's made in 2001 and it's full of grammatical errors

The same report reveals that Bruno openly belittled and told Harry Maguire that he does not deserve to wear Manchester United.

Yeah ok.

The report has come from another "BLOG" site "According to the UK blog, Manunited.core"

But of course Harry is the whipping boy at the moment so everyone will believe it.

clarkydaz

Are people seriously believing this?

The website looks like it's made in 2001 and it's full of grammatical errors

The same report reveals that Bruno openly belittled and told Harry Maguire that he does not deserve to wear Manchester United.

Yeah ok.

The report has come from another "BLOG" site "According to the UK blog, Manunited.core"

But of course Harry is the whipping boy at the moment so everyone will believe it.
this hasnt just come out now, it was rumoured literally after the game finished

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

No he is right. What if Bruno is on the pitch and he has the same outburst.

Red and he's off.

Need to maintain your composure and keep the rest of the team on a level head too.

Take Maguire off and keep Bruno on? Eh? Some support for your captain that is!

That was great man management. Regardless of who you are in the team or how good you are. Ole is the manager and he has to respect that.

God this place man!

100% agree!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
People really click on links that look like that?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
this hasnt just come out now, it was rumoured literally after the game finished
Yeah, I get that. I didn't imply that it hadn't just come out now either.

If it came out straight after the game had finished, then it brings the credibility even further into the dumps.

Xaviboy

We need someone like this in dressing room. Also would of been nice if someone picked Lamela up and fecked him of the pitch for that carry on. If Roy Keane was there it would of happend. We need that back.

Matriac

Completely made up - not thread worthy.
Should have closed the thread after this post.
It reads as total fiction, a kid with a blog, what even is a "burst up".
People are just reading what they want to read because they are unhappy with the recent results. If anyone was to blame that badly at half-time you would think he would put his attention towards Bailly that made mistakes at most of the goals.

Bruno was taken off because he didn't have anyone in front of him to service anymore when Martial was taken off, with nobody on the bench that could play his role with one man down.

The two wide players were positioned more central and McTominay/Fred brought in to help create more speed and intensity in midfield, with Pogba to deliver the flair and long passes to Greenwood/Rashford since we had to sit back a bit more a man down.

In the end it didn't turn us around, but very few scenarios saw that game being salvaged at that point. But it certainly made more sense to bring off an attacking player than a defender when we were getting hammered.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
This isn't confirmed but I wouldn't be surprised if this partially true. He did go after Lindelof after his mistake in Semi final in Europa league

Status
Not open for further replies.