Film Films that really don’t live up to the hype

Sparky Rhiwabon

Do you mean Don Corleone as in Marlon Brando and one of the greatest acting performances of all time? A bit mumbly :lol: :lol:
Haha, yeah that’s the one. Tbf I think the copy I watched might not have been the best quality. Either that or he was just a bit too mumbly :lol:

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
cant believe so many mentions of the wolf of wallstreet around here. Absolutely top movie, good laughs and unconfortable at many times. If that doenst make it for you, then you got m robbie around to shot things above the 10 mark. cmon!

Withnail

I cant say I really agree with anyone in here. Perhaps it depends what 'hype' you read. I don't tend to read or listen to anything before viewing.

There is something I dislike about most of the films mentioned but in general they were still good to watch.

The Revenant was great, cinematically especially, although a bit slow. Django also, a bit too slow, still worth a watch.

Pulp Fiction is faultless.

Office Space I thought was really funny and kind of went with Fight Club in explaining how much I hate working in offices.

Even in films I wouldnt watch again there is plenty I enjoyed.

Over than The Martian I'm not one for space or sci-fi movies though.

The Irishman was good, even with it being a bit cringe worthy at times, like old men trying to hang on to youth.

I would say a lot of the films mentioned are unfortunately more well known than more deserving films.
Are you saying that was good or bad?

I was about to bring it up as I hated it and don't understand why it got good reviews at all.

Unless everyone just fell asleep after the first 30mins when the whole thing fell into a web of contrivances and the ending really sent me over the edge.

bsCallout

Are you saying that was good or bad?

I was about to bring it up as I hated it and don't understand why it got good reviews at all.

Unless everyone just fell asleep after the first 30mins when the whole thing fell into a web of contrivances and the ending really sent me over the edge.
It was the only one I can think of that I thought was OK. Meant to say other not over. I can definitely understand why you wouldn't like it.