Fryers and Tunnicliffe

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Their profiles have been added to thefa.com's u16 squad list:

Name: Ezekiel Fryers
DOB: 09/09/92
Club: Manchester United

A strong defender who is with the United Academy that has produced so many top players over the last few years. Calm and assured, he reads the game well from centre back and featured against Northern Ireland last month.

Name: Ryan Tunnicliffe
DOB: 30/12/92

The Reds midfielder can be useful at either end of the pitch and is a tenacious player who also has the ability to play. Wore the captain’s armband last time out and will be looking to impress again this evening if selected.

Tunnicliffe's been wearing the captain's armband despite playing a year above his age group.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Their profiles have been added to thefa.com's u16 squad list:

Name: Ezekiel Fryers
DOB: 09/09/92

A strong defender who is with the United Academy that has produced so many top players over the last few years. Calm and assured, he reads the game well from centre back and featured against Northern Ireland last month.

Name: Ryan Tunnicliffe
DOB: 30/12/92

The Reds midfielder can be useful at either end of the pitch and is a tenacious player who also has the ability to play. Wore the captain’s armband last time out and will be looking to impress again this evening if selected.

Tunnicliffe's been wearing the captain's armband despite playing a year above his age group.
the article is fine and i loive hearing about the lads of the future , but the bit in red....really?

How many top players have come through are academy the last few years?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Yeah, I had half a mind to point that out myself. But the academy's in better shape these days though. Rossi, Pique, Evans, Gibson and Simpson aren't half bad. It would seem a lot of it is down to Mulensteen.

M160RA

the article is fine and i loive hearing about the lads of the future , but the bit in red....really?

How many top players have come through are academy the last few years?
Maybe it's just speaking from the point of view of the England youth teams. We've had a number of kids who've represented England at the youth levels, although once they get to the U-21 level they unfortunately can't get regular first team football so don't get picked.

68-99-08

How highly is this Tunnicliffe kid rated? Is he a kid with potential or could he become something special?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Don't know all that much about him, but a mate of mine watched the game against N Ireland and he was very impressed with Tunnicliffe. Apparently he was very Gerrardesque. Hopefully that means he was a real midfield driving force and not that he dived a lot and looked like a neanderthal. But the lad is 14(!) so it's too early to tell if he's a real talent or not.

Einar15

They have both been selected for England u16s to play against Holland u16s later this month.

since 1987

Founder and Chairman of the Kill Sjarkus Club. Oth
U got a link to the rest of the squad? or maybe i try to be not so lazy and find it myself..guess its on FA.com?
Found it, this is the full squad:
José Baxter Everton
Adam Davies Everton
Lateef Elford-Alliyu West Bromwich Albion
Emmanuel Frimpong Arsenal
Ezekiel Fryers Manchester United
James Hurst West Bromwich Albion
Billy Knott Chelsea
Keanu Marsh Brown Fulham
Joshua McEachran Chelsea
Maison McGeechan Bolton Wanderers
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing Wolverhampton Wanderers
Oliver Nicholas Arsenal
Eddie Oshodi Watford
James Reckord Wolverhampton Wanderers
Jonjo ShelveyCharlton Athletic
Jed Steer Norwich City
Ryan Tunnicliffe Manchester United
Jacob Walcott Reading

Appearentley Tunnicliffe was the captain at the last game. If he gets the armband for this game we have got a captain in the u16 and u17`s (Matty James).

68-99-08

Watched England against Wales when the played in the victory shield. Tunnicliffe played well and was tidy in midfield. Two players who impressed me most were Jose Baxter and Jonjo Shelvey.

Baxter played against our 18s the other week in centre midfield. Drinkwater bossed the midfield that game though.

since 1987

Founder and Chairman of the Kill Sjarkus Club. Oth
Watched England against Wales when the played in the victory shield. Tunnicliffe played well and was tidy in midfield. Two players who impressed me most were Jose Baxter and Jonjo Shelvey.

Baxter played against our 18s the other week in centre midfield. Drinkwater bossed the midfield that game though.
Yeah, Danny D has been really good this year, strange that he is not selected for the Nationalside.