German Football 21/22 | Hertha saved | Terzic officially announced | Kovac joins Wolfsburg | Andre Breitenreiter takes over Hoffenheim

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Puma forgot to make a shitty "innovative" design this year.
:drool:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Bild report Brazzo made a desperate last ditch effort to hijack a transfer vol 1747372. Do they hate him that much or is he really that bad?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is the tweet accurate? Because it would imply that Salihamidzic can make offers that the club deems too expensive which is difficult to believe.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Is the tweet accurate? Because it would imply that Salihamidzic can make offers that the club deems too expensive which is difficult to believe.
Calling up an agent is not the same as a binding offer. In theory the SD has a certain autonomy, some CEOs are more involved, some less and in the end every big transaction needs approval from the supervisory board, but those guys aren't supposed to dictate strategy. So it's entirely possible that he didn't want to offer €20m p.a. for strategic reasons, but then changed his mind.

And "Bayern" in that tweet could just refer to Brazzo.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
He is part of the club board and it is plausible that after the failures of this season they agreed that they might need to spend more than originally planned.

JPRouve

Scout
Calling up an agent is not the same as a binding offer. In theory the SD has a certain autonomy, some CEOs are more involved, some less and in the end every big transaction needs approval from the supervisory board, but those guys aren't supposed to dictate strategy. So it's entirely possible that he didn't want to offer €20m p.a. for strategic reasons, but then changed his mind.

And "Bayern" in that tweet could just refer to Brazzo.
But certain autonomy stops at the words "too expensive", if you read something like that you know that it's not the decision of a single person, unless that person is at the top of the hierarchy. And I don't think that Bayern and Salihamidzic are supposed to be interchangeable but I could be wrong.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
But certain autonomy stops at the words "too expensive", if you read something like that you know that it's not the decision of a single person, unless that person is at the top of the hierarchy. And I don't think that Bayern and Salihamidzic are supposed to be interchangeable but I could be wrong.
For sure Salihamidzic won't make such expensive decisions on his own, but above him in the hierarchy is only Oliver Kahn (CEO). It makes a lot of sense that Kahn and Salihamidzic quickly after the defeat agreed that they need to spend more money on that area, and if they increased their transfer budget for a new CB Rüdiger became a possibility again. It's not like a huge board has to agree, this is a business decision made by two people who won a lot of stuff together as players for Bayern.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
But technically €20m p.a. is not too expensive for Bayern. They can afford to pay that much and are paying even more to some of their players. So the position 'too much' is not one for the supervisory board, but the management, because it's of strategical nature.
And Brazzo is basically the sporting side of the management. So he's the one deciding how Bayern want to spend their budget and if he thinks they don't need a €20m p.a. defender, then that becomes Bayern's position. Though of course others would have to approve an actual transfer.

JPRouve

Scout
But technically €20m p.a. is not too expensive for Bayern. They can afford to pay that much and are paying even more to some of their players. So the position 'too much' is not one for the supervisory board, but the management, because it's of strategical nature.
And Brazzo is basically the sporting side of the management. So he's the one deciding how Bayern want to spend their budget and if he thinks they don't need a €20m p.a. defender, then that becomes Bayern's position. Though of course others would have to approve an actual transfer.
Which is why I asked whether the tweet was accurate because there is a difference between too expensive and not good value/not needed. Who looks bad depends on why a decision was taken.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Which is why I asked whether the tweet was expensive because there is a difference between too expensive and not good value/not needed. Who looks bad depends on why a decision was taken.
It's Bild/Falk, so when in doubt always assume it's poorly worded or incorrect.

CookieMonster

Supports
FC Bayern München

Bild report Brazzo made a desperate last ditch effort to hijack a transfer vol 1747372. Do they hate him that much or is he really that bad?
Let's just say I'm currently really envious of the job the team of Kehl, Sammer and Watzke are doing at Dortmund.

That being said, Mazraoui on a free transfer and Gravenvenberch for a decent transfer fee are two promising deals.

But that's all fine and dandy. The big task for Bayern is to find a good solution to replace Lewandowski. For that they kinda have to get 30 to 40 million € from Barce-where-the-hell-is-all-that-money-coming-from-lona for Lewa this season to reinvest in the new center-forward. Cause that one is gonna be expensive.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Dortmund is such a useless club
I fully understand the sentiment and am very relieved that it seems we will not be responsible for Hertha staying in (trying really hard to forget matchday 17 :nervous: ).

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Magath and Hertha got what they deserved.
Now Magath can blame Bayern. Can't wait for his rant.