Graham Potter | Apparently in "serious" talks with Ajax

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Poch, really? I mean, Chelsea could be much more ambitious than that… either in terms of proven winners or game changers? Tuchel was a pragmatic nutter and, as expected, as soon as things went a bit south he lost his head. But… Poch… wtf??

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Poch, really? I mean, Chelsea could be much more ambitious than that… either in terms of proven winners or game changers? Tuchel was a pragmatic nutter and, as expected, as soon as things went a bit south he lost his head. But… Poch… wtf??
Who would you go for that is realistic?

Chairman Steve

Why not Solskjaer though! Proven track record of getting 2nd and when was the last time Chelsea finished that high? Great nickname opportunities (Koulie, Keppy, Mountie, Aubie). Not a hipster manager so woop woop.

And with [Irrelevant point] now gone, it’s someone at Chelsea who is fit enough at the wheel. :p

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Who would you go for that is realistic?
Zidane as a proven winner (silly money is not a problem to your new owner, it seems) or Potter as a strategist (the brightest coach around to try and move up on the gameplan department)? Your new owner does not seem to like half-baked solutions as well.

Wilt

Why not Solskjaer though! Proven track record of getting 2nd and when was the last time Chelsea finished that high? Great nickname opportunities (Koulie, Keppy, Mountie, Aubie). Not a hipster manager so woop woop.

And with [Irrelevant point] now gone, it’s someone at Chelsea who is fit enough at the wheel. :p
:lol::lol:

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
No obvious candidate other than Pochettino. The Zidane links are rubbish, Zidane is waiting for the French job. Graham Potter is a gamble, its not certain he would be a success.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I don’t think it’s nailed on he’ll join the club at the moment. It’s a circus
Fair point, i think he is the one they'll want, though.

Him or Poch will do for me, despite the Spurs links with Poch

redshaw

Poch to Chelsea and PSG finally convince Zidane

Or PSG bring back Tuchel

It's a weird one where Potter might want to see his season out and be worried about the time he would get at Chelsea. Zidane has resisted PSG, Poch is doing better now and the CL is underway. You'd think with this quick sacking Boehly has someone lined up rather than an interim though.

I'm not sure Zidane would like the Chelsea job or at least the squad there plus it's a very difficult league with other top managers here and the investment at competing clubs. I can see it being a turn off for some managers like Zidane that don't want to get involved in a top 4 rat race.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Most of those are currently employed by other clubs.

Wilt

Don’t see Zidane wanting to play second fiddle to City

userman

Or PSG bring back Tuchel

It's a weird one where Potter might want to see his season out and be worried about the time he would get at Chelsea. Zidane has resisted PSG, Poch is doing better now and the CL is underway. You'd think with this quick sacking Boehly has someone lined up rather than an interim though.

I'm not sure Zidane would like the Chelsea job or at least the squad there plus it's a very difficult league with other top managers here and the investment at competing clubs. I can see it being a turn off for some managers like Zidane that don't want to get involved in a top 4 rat race.
FYI, Poch is no longer the manager at PSG. Galtier is..

CarbonStoolBites

Sean Dyche, he would probably play Koulibaly up top, reckon he would make them hard to beat.

Dr. StrangeHate

I was hoping they would pose no threat to top 4 with Tuchel in charge this season. But if they get Poch or Potter, then that would put them back in the mix.

Last edited:

Longlivekeano

Would love to see Ralf Ragnick and see how he fares with Chelsea. Just to see if the problems in 2nd half of last season were down to players or himself

avgp_1

If they decide for Potter, I think it's likely he joins them if Brighton are well compensated.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Brighton will grant permission for Potter to speak to us according to Ornstein

Dan

Looks like Potter is on his way according to Sky Sports News,

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Rodgers-Sterling-Fofana reunion with a fresh set of enveloppes :drool:

Gazautd18

Brighton allowed to speak to Potter.
Think he'd do well there if they back him.

FatTails

Or PSG bring back Tuchel

I get the impression that you think Poch is still at PSG