Greenwoodinho / Mason van Greenwood

dogwithabone

Reminded me of Solskjaer more than anyone - one touch, low and hard into the corner.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
You can't teach that. Its just pure talent

cyberman

People say he is another RVP but that was Bergkamp tonight

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Unbelievable talent. I’m always surprised genuinely when he misses

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Future no 9. Great idea to have Cavani & Martial for short term. Really needs to develop quicker to be our main man because not many top class striker available out there.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
That's an incredible touch. Stretching backwards and weights it perfectly in front of himself where he can just swivel and hit it.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The touch could be a number of players, but the second action, that's not a Bergkamp finish - has RVP a reversed touch like that?

I'll stick with Ronaldinho as things like that whole action were bread and butter for him.

Crashoutcassius

Great finish but wierd when a cross into the box and this finish is called individual brilliance to suit an agenda. It's like oles wins don't count if any player does anything good the whole game, even if he signed the player or brought the player through as a 17 year old

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Reminded me more of Bergkamp than Ronaldinho, to be fair.

It was a moment of world class ability any way you slice it. He's a frightening talent.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Actually reminded me of a Rooney strike more than anyone else. Obviously very different players though.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Great finish but wierd when a cross into the box and this finish is called individual brilliance to suit an agenda. It's like oles wins don't count if any player does anything good the whole game, even if he signed the player or brought the player through as a 17 year old
This! Apparently every other team their managers score the goals and don’t rely on any individual brilliance.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Actually reminded me of a Rooney strike more than anyone else. Obviously very different players though.
Yeah I’m sure Rooney scored something similar. I wouldn’t be as confident with Romney’s first touch but the finish he’d have pulled off.

stubie

Would like to see a front 3 of Rashford, Greenwood and Shoretire in the near future

The more I’m seeing of this kid Shoretire the more I’m liking.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Yeah I’m sure Rooney scored something similar. I wouldn’t be as confident with Romney’s first touch but the finish he’d have pulled off.
Rooney’s second in his hat-trick game at Upton Park in 2011 isn’t too dissimilar:

LARulz

Ruud scored a goal like he did didn't he? He scored many like that maybe but I remember one in my head but for the life of me I can't remember against who - I think Ronaldo set him up

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Ruud scored a goal like he did didn't he? He scored many like that maybe but I remember one in my head but for the life of me I can't remember against who - I think Ronaldo set him up
If its the one im thinking of it was Rooney with the outside of his foot.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
His left foot is already close to Saha's level and he can improve it even further.

Web of Bissaka

:drool: Aaah... so beautiful.

The things he can do.

This will get criticized and I don't mind. Love to be proven wrong. I don't know what really happened either. But I actually think the touch is fluke, he just gets a touch to it to his favored left foot, it then moves in the air at and angle and direction perfect for him to execute his beautiful finishing technique.

The beautiful parts here are two:
1) His quick reaction/response to the flailing ball
2) His beautiful technique to finish the ball at a difficult angle, it's a volley right?

Paleshooter

I think it was just really a pure poachers goal. I didn't think his touch was quite in the class of Bergkamp or Ronaldinho for that sake. But his composure and finishing is excellent for his age. Hope he keeps on improving.

Mainoldo

He’s RVG, MVG or GunWood.

Don’t know where you’re going with Dinho. Who said Ole? With the touch to bring it down. You’re mad.

el3mel

This goal is all about the first touch. It was really fantastic control of the ball.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
:drool: Aaah... so beautiful.

The things he can do.

This will get criticized and I don't mind. Love to be proven wrong. I don't know what really happened either. But I actually think the touch is fluke, he just gets a touch to it to his favored left foot, it then moves in the air at and angle and direction perfect for him to execute his beautiful finishing technique.

The beautiful parts here are two:
1) His quick reaction/response to the flailing ball
2) His beautiful technique to finish the ball at a difficult angle, it's a volley right?
No way it is a fluke. Can tell the way he was ready to strike it as soon as he made the touch and the way he positioned his body before it wrong footed the defender before he received it.

Doesn’t remind me of RVP or Bergkamp (whose touches were obviously world class but more made it so easy for himself he could walk it in) this was more like a Van Basten... flicking it into an area where he can strike low and hard with extreme precision, a proper technical strikers touch.

the_answer

Actually maybe, it was definitely one of them
Yep Ruud instantly came to my mind.
Still remember the german commentator saying sth along the lines of "Uniteds tactic is just bringing it to Ruud in the box and let him do the work."

Ronaldinho would bring it around the defender, turn his body and do a bicycle kick

El Zoido

Of course it's not a fluke touch. It's not like he knows to the inch where it's going to land, it doesn't matter. He flicked it to where he knew he'd be able to get on the end of it, it's a great striker's goal. Any defender in the world is going to struggle with that kind of quick movement and shooting in the box. God knows how good he can get.