Højlund scoring thread

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Scored in 6 consecutive league games.

RvN has United's PL record at 10.

Vardy has the PL record at 11.

IrishRedDevil

He doesn’t need to beat theirs.

He’s the youngest player to score in 6 games - he’s making his own records.

CallyRed

An impressive record. Don't know why but in my head it dampens it that Joe Willock held it previously.

Lexicon Red Devil

An impressive record. Don't know why but in my head it dampens it that Joe Willock held it previously.
That was some purple patch he had. Was never that good before and has certainly not hit those heights since. If it makes you feel better, Henry was also on the list so not bad company to be in.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Kid is 21 having moved countries multiple times in the past 2 years, leveling up each time and hasn't got used to fish and chips and you want him to beat Ruud already. There's nothing unfair about that at all.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
To beat Ruud:

Fulham (H)
115 charges (A)
Everton (H)
Sheffield (H)
Brentford (A)

Lynty

Surely we’re due a few penalties.

Let him take them

ifightdragons

No he won't. And that's okay.

Ruud is by far the best out-and-out penalty box striker in United's history. Would have have been the club's all time top scorer had he stayed.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I don't really need him to break Ruud's record, I just need him to get a goal every 135 minutes or so.

Seveneric

Kid is 21 having moved countries multiple times in the past 2 years, leveling up each time and hasn't got used to fish and chips and you want him to beat Ruud already. There's nothing unfair about that at all.
Why are you posting like anyone has said he must beat the record or it's going to be seen as some failure? Like all I'm seeing is someone pointing out a record that he could beat.

Last edited:

Hughes35

More than likely he won't...... Although looking at the fixtures it is possible. Needs to somehow nick one against Money FC though. If he scores in his next two then I absolutely would not bet against it.

Grande

Agreed. Give him a few years of Skip-to-my-Lou Macari’s fish n chips, and he’ll be bangin’ em in!

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
I don't really need him to break Ruud's record, I just need him to get a goal every 135 minutes or so.
well as most games last between 94-96 minutes, that’s going to be a big problem.

Mike Smalling

It would be astonishing if he did, considering we are still not really creating chances for him. He is not going to continue geting short backpasses or lucky deflections.

BorisManUtd

To beat Ruud:

Fulham (H)
115 charges (A)
Everton (H)
Sheffield (H)
Brentford (A)
+ Chelsea (A) and Liverpool (H) to beat Vardy.

Actually beating Ruud seems possible. Not saying it's likely but it's possible.

sugar_kane

Obviously he won't now because of this thread, but I just read he is only the fourth player to score 6 games in a row for us alongside:
  • RVN
  • Ronaldo
  • Cantona
Surely they can't be right? Insane stat if so.

diarm

+ Chelsea (A) and Liverpool (H) to beat Vardy.

Actually beating Ruud seems possible. Not saying it's likely but it's possible.
Only Chelsea to beat Vardy no? If he scores in the next 5 he’ll beat Ruud and level with Vardy.

Charlie Foley

No he won't. And that's okay.

Ruud is by far the best out-and-out penalty box striker in United's history. Would have have been the club's all time top scorer had he stayed.
Not to mention his arrival got delayed by an injury. Wonderful goal scorer

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nah but he's done well and I think he will be one of the top strikers in the league next season

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What's most interesting is he's repeating his last season almost exactly. Invisible in the first half of the season, then unstoppable in the latter half

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I strongly doubt it.

But he can be great for United, he's already a huge upgrade on Martial and he will be a great link up to a #10 and 2 wingers.

Sgreddevil

Impossible. Ruud had a bunch of top providers like Becks, giggs, scholes supplying him the opportunites. On other hand, Hojlund don't really had that luxury and many of his goals were really created by him out of nothing.

Robbie Boy

I hope no one digs up the OP's posts from his performance thread :wenger:

Last edited:

JediSith

How far we’ve come. There was time when some were probably wondering if he’d score 6 by the time he retired :lol:

It’s kind of like Leicester winning league.. it gets asked. No one thinks it’s possible but then it happens. But the great thing is that Hojlund is a position, at such a young age, where it’s being asked whether or not he can break a club and even premier league record.