Højlund scoring thread

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
It still counts if he resumes his goalscoring when he returns right? Ruud's record was stretched over two seasons.
i guess so, technically he could be transferred out after injury, come back in 2026 and complete the run. Incidental had Greenwood started a run before all the 'happenings'.

Oranges038

No he won't. And that's okay.

Ruud is by far the best out-and-out penalty box striker in United's history. Would have have been the club's all time top scorer had he stayed.
Nah the game was changing and SAF knew his profile of striker wasn't going to fit with the new set of players he brought it. Ruud worked because he had wide players putting the ball into an area because there was a synchronisation they knew he was going to make the run so they played the ball into him. I think even from the start you could see that it wasn't going to work with Ronaldo & Rooney etc, I just remember Ronaldo would have the ball wide, Ruud would make the run and he'd check back or not cross as expected. Leaving him frustrated in the middle.

UTD_Since_1978

Top of what list? We're talking about the OP.
Ok, then Ruud is actually top of that list for UTD players only, Vardy beat his record after Ruud retired, it happens.

Staying with Hojlund's current record I'm surprised Michael Owen wasn't the record holder as he was super on fire between the ages of 18 - 21, a real goal machine.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
To beat Ruud:

Brentford (A)
Chelsea (A)
Liverpool (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Sheffield (H)

Rough. I'm afraid the injury killed a lot of his momentum.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Has looked utterly off the pace since returning annoyingly, as he'd really got into a good run.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Looked miles off the pace for Denmark as well.

Feels like every one of our players needs about 5-10 games to get back to their level after injury. Christ knows what our fitness/conditioning coaches do.