Hannah Blundell - signs new contract

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Another solid season so far. In my eyes she was even better last season, offering more to our attacking game but she’s very dependable and you know what you’re going to get every single match. Can imagine she’s a dream player for a coach to have, never lets you down.

Hopefully Riviere or someone else can push her to the next level in the form of competition, as I believe there is still more to come despite her being one of our most experienced players. An unsung hero.

Saw this interview and thought I’d share it here.

“I think the togetherness we’ve got as a group carries us through the tough times in games or the season.

“We’ve got to carry on doing what we’re doing because it’s working at the moment.

“We just need to make sure we push each other across the line.”

“I’ve learned [regarding her move to United] more than I can push myself out of my comfort zone

“I was really comfortable where I was at Chelsea and felt like I needed a change. I put myself in a position to really push myself out of my comfort zone and push myself in any way I can, whether that’s in life or in general.

“It’s something I’m so happy I did.”

“I've probably had more one-to-one coaching during my time here.

“Just the small details, especially for me in my defensive work.

“He [Skinner] really gets into the detail. I’ve never had that before and I’m happy to say that my defending has got a lot better this season.

“It’s something I pride myself on now and that’s because of Marc and the coaches working on that one or two per cent that help your game, the little details matter.”

“It [playing at OT] was such an incredible day and somewhere I’d never played before.

“So just being there, being in the changing room, just the whole day, and of course, winning as well.

“It’s a memory I’ll cherish forever.”

StretfordEnd78

She’s fantastic. One of two bombing fullbacks. Equally great in defence and attack.

top1whoisman

Scout
Blundell won the Players’ Player of the Year award. Unsung hero of the squad for sure.

Demon Barber

Shame that she missed out on the England squad. She deserves to be there, in my opinion.

top1whoisman

Scout
Under the cosh from minute one but I’m really impressed how she was able to turn things around inside one game. Very strong second half.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Under the cosh from minute one but I’m really impressed how she was able to turn things around inside one game. Very strong second half.
Agreed. Blundell is no slouch, but their #22 was lightning fast. She had a really tough game, but she did well in the end.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Her experience was definitely on show there, and she didn't stop running up and down that wing.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
She really is a consistent performer.
She had a terrible time in the first quarter hour or so - constantly being forced into races she couldn't win against PSG attackers. Part of it though was that the defence do still look like strangers at times.

The defensive lineup is so different to last season and last night's extra changes didn't help her. Rivière and MLT were way too far away from her to help when she was under pressure. Once they started to cover her more, she had chance to do her job better. Of course the second half was very different - Geyse coming on allowed Garcia to come wide and the whole balance of the team changed.