Harry Amass

DavelinaJolie

He looks like he has a really strong physical presence due to his lower half body strength, in the Shaw mould which is encouraging.

dutchred

will be challenging for a a regular spot in the first team next season

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He’s an exceptional talent, really talented lad.

Borninthe80ts

Young Luke Shaw vibes
When we got Luke from Southampton I thought we had our left back for the next 10 years. We did, just not to the levels I had hoped. This guy attacks with the same enthusiasm and ability to link up to great effect.

Just hope he doesn’t get PSV’d like Luke!

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Looks to have top notch agility and a sudden change of direction.

dutchred

When we got Luke from Southampton I thought we had our left back for the next 10 years. We did, just not to the levels I had hoped. This guy attacks with the same enthusiasm and ability to link up to great effect.

Luke was never the same player after that PSV game, and the idiot who did it didn't ever get a card and went on to score the winner against us

AltiUn

Luke was never the same player after that PSV game, and the idiot who did it didn't ever get a card and went on to score the winner against us
Got awarded MOTM to literally add insult to injury.

Borninthe80ts

Fully agree. He came back definitely missing the energy and confidence from before. Less agile and dynamic. The result after was galling and affected the rest of that season too.

pascell

Has a very Luke-Shaw about his running style and style.

Hope he's a success here. I can't remember the last wingback that's come through via the academy who's had a proper chance at the first team.
I agree, the way he positions his body to receive the ball, running style and passing technique is very much like Shaw.

thisisnottaken1

It wasn’t even given as a foul either. Absolutely disgusting. Moreno should have been banned for 10 games at least

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129

Yeah I still love Luke Shaw but he looks like he plays every game within himself and if he has to run too hard ends up getting injured. Just can't play the game to the intensity we really require at both ends. Hope Amass can go on and be the player we thought Shaw would be

Demaw

This kid looks dynamite. Those attacking runs were excellent.

In Rainbows

He's really good at resisting the press. He's part of that 16 year old core of Lacey, Fitzgerald, Fletcher, and Devaney.

KevinJoh

Beside Lacey who is extremely talented, I think Amass is the closest one to get a chance. With LB a position where we need backup and with Shaw injury record, in two years the kid can get a chance if he develops.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Definitely an exciting prospect.

If he can stay injury free and develop through the next age group we may well have a player.

Patience will be key. Be interested to see where he goes from here.

CallyRed

Hope he doesnt get compared to Luke Shaw, the "he looks amass-ive jibes will start

AltiUn

Not very likely but it is not THAT crazy, Shaw was playing PL footie at 17.
Not to mention we have 2 teenagers actually playing regularly for the first team.

Demaw

Great scouting from Watford. The kid came in from day one and looks amazing. Where did he come from that no other team picked up? Obviously Jack Fletcher was dad's signing but he is going great. Willy K still hopeful.

We have signed some average kids from other clubs in past few years: O'Neill, Hugill, Musa, Kaba, Malachi Sharpe all duds from the Derby payout with Rooney, Sam Murray, Toby Collyer, Forson, Biancheri.

It seems the guns are actually in the academy coming through: Lacey, Amir, Fitzgerald, Gore, Mainoo, Ogunneye, Kukonki, even Kai Rooney.

Last edited:

Borninthe80ts

Yeah I still love Luke Shaw but he looks like he plays every game within himself and if he has to run too hard ends up getting injured. Just can't play the game to the intensity we really require at both ends. Hope Amass can go on and be the player we thought Shaw would be
100 per cent. Likewise I’ve been impressed with the World Cup renaissance and the season after but he definitely missed his physical potential so to speak after injury. Protecting young players from injuries should be something we look into more. There’s a few like Amass who could save us £££.

Gungerz

Great scouting from Fulham. The kid came in from day one and looks amazing. Where did he come from that no other team picked up? Obviously Jack Fletcher was dad's signing but he is going great. Willy K still hopeful.

We have signed some average kids from other clubs in past few years: O'Neill, Hugill, Musa, Kaba, Malachi Sharpe all duds from the Derby payout with Rooney, Sam Murray, Toby Collyer, Forson, Biancheri.

It seems the guns are actually in the academy coming through: Lacey, Amir, Fitzgerald, Gore, Mainoo, Ogunneye, Kukonki, even Kai Rooney.
Gore & Ibragimov were both signed from other clubs, Burnley & Sheffield Utd respectively. Gore was actually in the pre-academy system but we opted not to sign him but then went back to get him a few years later.

Also, it was Watford that we got Amass from not Fulham. And he was rated as the best left-back in the country at his age even before we signed him.

Demaw

Yes, I was just coming back to edit it was Watford. Hard to believe Amass is still only 16!!!

AltiUn

Gore & Ibragimov were both signed from other clubs, Burnley & Sheffield Utd respectively. Gore was actually in the pre-academy system but we opted not to sign him but then went back to get him a few years later.

Also, it was Watford that we got Amass from not Fulham. And he was rated as the best left-back in the country at his age even before we signed him.
Did we get Gore from Burnley or something like that? Seem to remember him having some sort of connection with them.

In Rainbows

Great scouting from Watford. The kid came in from day one and looks amazing. Where did he come from that no other team picked up? Obviously Jack Fletcher was dad's signing but he is going great. Willy K still hopeful.

Got to be honest, not really a huge fan of Ogunneye.

In Rainbows

Looks a talent but at the very end of that clip he seemed to get run down quite easily by three City players. Guessing he doesn’t have the Luke Shaw afterburners?
Yeah, I don't think he's that quick. You can even see it at 2:15 when trying to defend here.

Although the player he was trying to defend was a year older, so that could be an advantage for the older player during youth football. Plus it's not like the older player looked all that quick when Amass was running with the ball. So for me it's still a wait and see type of discussion.

Bondi77

Sounds like u21s next season and then a couple of loans and then we will see what he is made of.

davidmichael

With the likes of Amass, Lacey, the Fletcher’s, Rooney, Gore, Kambwala and over the past 18 months Garnacho and Mainoo I’m impressed with what we’re bringing through the academy especially considering how poorly we’ve been run for years now.

AltiUn

Sounds like u21s next season and then a couple of loans and then we will see what he is made of.
Typically with our very best talents we'll promote them straight to the first team after a spell in the U21s rather than loaning them out. If we consider the path we've taken with our previous premier talents, like Garnacho, Mainoo, Rashford and Greenwood, I feel Amass and Lacey fit into that category, just in my view.

Demaw

Got to be honest, not really a huge fan of Ogunneye.
I do agree, his recent efforts have been impressive and he was rated a few years ago and copped some bad injuries. Nice attacking fullback.