Hingis Quits

WeasteDevil

At only bloody 22. Just shows you the dangers of playing competitive sport too young.

WeasteDevil

<a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/2735931.stm" target="_blank">Oh, forgot!</a>

Snoeker

Well at least she didn't hang around as a pale shadow of her former glory, to be blitzed by all the power players.

Nowt sad about it, she's financially set for life if she manages it properly.

WeasteDevil

It's a loss to the game of Women's Tennis though, to lose such a talent so young.

Snoeker

What are the odds on her winning another slam? She was just lucky that she was at her peak when the game was at a lull.

Member 5225

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!
:( :( :( :(

ps. I hope u realised I am (woz)a MASSIVE Hingis fan...

sidsutton

Change the title from "Hingis Quits" to "Hingis is a Quitter".

"I can't be #1 any more so I don't want to play" is basically her attitude. Well piss of then. Just goes to prove she was only in love with the winning and not tennis itself.

Good riddance, I say.

Elfie

She has won loads of money. What would be the point for her to go on playing if she knows she hasn't any chance with players much more tall and powerful than her ? I regret her. We need different types of player, or it will become dull. She wasn't powerful, but she played with her brain. Now she wants to do others things, I hope she'll be happy in her new life.

AhmedDimwitson

The Expert
Well, in a year womens tennis will only have these female monsters that are as powerful as men. Was a few years ago when Kournikova, Hingis, Pierce etc it was worth watching and alot of the hype female tennis got was thanks to them, and the mens game being a serving contest had something to do with it aswell. Well, now that has changed.

sidsutton

Um, Pierce was one of the original "Big Babes". She can't be put into the same category as Hingis.

One_hit_wonder

Actually, Kournikova herself packed quite a punch when she burst onto the scene, it's just that the lieks of Williams, Capriati and co have completely upped the levels required to compete in todays game.
Martina will be missed, but she is not quitting because of injury, rather because she can't handle the power-players. So she certainly is a quitter, but such a talented player, I'll miss the snobby little bitch.

Elfie

Tomorrow in Paris Mauresmo will play against Serena Williams. Both have won very easily. Serena has answered the journalist's questions in French, and the French audience has liked that ! Still tomorrow the public will be behind Amelie.