Hockey Fans

mathiaslg

Try to find highlights of the Ottawa-Philly game last night! The best series of fights ever. I just it on Sportscenter this morning, the game ended with the Sens and the Flyers having only about 6 players each still eligible to play :lol:

Jacqueline_S

Banned Jackie Chan lookalike
yeh..simply stunning..

will they get some kind of penalties or charges? :smirk:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Bertuzzi...what were you thinking?

And I sure hope Worrell is suspended for at least 5 games for his assault on Oliwa the other night. There is an unwritten code in the NHL that you do not puch a player while he is on the ice. Of course Worrell is a big bad dude and there are very few players that can challenge him, so I doubt a player on Calgary will retaliate during the next meeting.

3/7/2004 COL CAL Krzysztof Oliwa 3pd 11:04
Comments: The next time Worrell is on the ice with Oliwa after Oliwa's goal, he flat out jumps him. He got in maybe one right before Oliwa hit the ice because of being off-balance and then threw about 4-5 while his was down. This was the retaliation from Oliwa screaming at the Avs bench after his goal. Other Penalties: Worrell received an instigator, misconduct and game misconduct; Oliwa a roughing. Krzysztof Oliwa did not receive a fighting major.

kennyj

Bertuzzi's sucker punch left Moore with a broken neck, a concussion and deep facial cuts.

Jacqueline_S

and his team was fined, i think US$250,000...if my memory's right...

that's a massive fine btw.... what a blow for his team...

darko

kennyj said:
I think that he should have been suspended for next year too.
He may serve more time. His case will be up for review this summer. He may miss the WC of hockey.

MrMarcello

I don't understand the fine levied against the Vancouver Canucks hockey club. They had nothing to do with the incident, other then employ Bartuzzi. It's not like the club ordered Bartuzzi to assualt Moore nor did the club applaud this act or attempt to interfere with the league review.

Tribec

MR M, I think you'll find that prior to this game and the last encounter various members of the Cannucks squad made remarks about "a bounty" on Moore's head. This was due to Moore's hit (legal) on Markus Naslund the Cannuck's captain.

This is why Bertuzzi's hit is even more sinister the fact that it was certainly premeditated in terms of someone was out to get him. I don't think they meant in the way it happened, but certainly the club are to be held responsible. Also if you see Marc Crawford on the bench when Granto's having a go at him, he's smirking as if he's glad Moore's been hit.

This is why the club has been hit by the fine. The league have basically said that you should have controlled your players better...

Jens

I´ve not seen a bigger cheap shot in any sport yet.

MrMarcello

Jens said:
I´ve not seen a bigger cheap shot in any sport yet.
Apparently you don't remember Matt Johnson's punch to the back of Jeff Beukeboom's head, resulting in a concussion to Beukeboom and a premature end to his career (as he never recovered from the concussion syndrome that developed from the punch).

Matt Johnson suspended 12 games

Another site lists:
November
23: Los Angeles forward Matt Johnson, 12 games for sucker-punching New York Rangers defenceman Jeff Beukeboom.

NHL suspends Kings forward for 12 games

Johnson got off lightly

Jacqueline_S

forget the Bertuzzi issue

Leafs 6-5 Sabres
what a come back by Leafs...!!! :D

1 BUF J. HECHT (0-1)
2 BUF D. BRIERE (0-2)
3 TOR M. SUNDIN (1-2)
4 TOR M. SUNDIN (2-2)
5 BUF J. HECHT (2-3)
6 BUF M. SATAN (2-4)
7 BUF J. DUMONT (2-5)
8 TOR O. NOLAN (3-5)
9 TOR O. NOLAN (4-5)
10 TOR G. ROBERTS (5-5)
11 TOR T. KABERLE (6-5)
:D
never give up until the very last second!!!