Hong Kong Rugby 7's

edthered

This weekend 26-28 March.
England looking for a hat-trick of wins after winning here the last two years. I'll post the scores in case anyone is interested, and presuming I'm capable of thought after 3 days and nights on the piss. I thought I'd better do it having seen the state of Bury Red at last years' finals. :houllier:

Bury Red

Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!
Oi, I seem to recall you were a little delicate on the Sunday morning last year. I'm supposed to be pacing myself this year with steady days on Friday and Saturday followed by a leisurely Sunday as Kaff has decided to pass so I may be bringing along the father in law who is unlikely to last the pace we were drinking at last year as he's even older than you :p

Where you sitting Friday night, bottom corner by the South stand again?

We'll probably head into the melee on Saturday dependant on who's heading over from DB but one day of that is all I can handle these days, particularly since we'll be under scrutiny as unfit parents when we get home to relieve the inlaws of baby sitting duties.

edthered

Yes mate, will be by the S Stand again at the bottom of W Stand.
Starting tonight at the Football Club "an evening with John Bentley" (ex England International, but better known for his Rugby League career).

Hope to see you over the weekend. Come on England! :cool:

Bury Red

Starting tonight :eek: , how many days have you booked off next week?

I made that mistake last year as I had a mates leaving do at work on the Thursday which topped off the beer and red wine with flaming zambucas before getting started on the serious drinking from Friday through til Sunday. I didn't feel right until Friday of the following week, while I know of one mate who after 3 days hangover decided she had SARS and went to the doctor only to be told she should take it easier on her liver.

Bury Red

edthered said:
Just the Monday - I know, I'm a fool. Not as foolish as those who haven't booked it off though. ;)
I've just inherited a disasterous job from a colleague and the consultant wants us at a meeting on Monday morning. If the father in law is up for it when I see him tonight then Sunday should be a wind down and the meeting will be OK, but if I'm alone then I might have to book the day off.

That said, the cleaner starts at nine on Mondays and the inlaws will be around so the chances of lying in my pit feeling sorry for myself are nil, maybe the office will be a better bet as I can just crawl under the desk if it gets too much.

Bury Red

As Ed seems to have deserted us (probably struggled with the pace as these events are a young mans game really :p ) I'll fill in the results he promised you.

England became the first Northern hemisphere team to complete a hattrick of wins in the Hong Kong Sevens, defeating Argentina 22-12 in the final after disposing of South Africa 15-7 and Fiji 17-12 in Sunday's matches.

Their route to the final was set up after dominating Group B beating China 49-0, Scotland 38-12 and Georgia 42-0. Excellent weekend and the head doesn't feel too bad today as I went easy yesterday in the knowledge that I would never make it through til 1 AM to watch the United match if I had continued Saturday style.

Bury Red

How's your voice ed?

I get laughed at every time I try and croak something :mad:

Great weekend though and another year of winding up the Ozzies and Ockers in the office :D