Horses

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
A couple of interesting ones today:

Rigmarole 330
Mantilla 405

Both at short odds but should win.

Dettori rides a couple looking for his hundredth winner before he's off to Oz and the US - Duescals in the 505 and Unrivalled in the 140. He also has a less likely winner to ride in the 535, Turner at 8s which I have gone for ew.

kennyj

Dans,
The Breeder's Cup is a week from Saturday (25/10). European horses win the Mile and the Turf about half the time (Last year - Domedriver over The Rock in the Mile & High Chaparral in the Turf)

This year Oasis Dream will be one of the favorites in the Mile. Domedriver is back again as well as European horses Six Perfections, Dubai Destination, Zafeen, and Refuse To Bend.

The Turf features Sulamani, Falbrav, High Chaparral, and Alamshar.

Dimitrova runs in the Filly & Mare Turf.

This year might be tougher for the European horses due the the California climate. Also the racing strips are harder and faster out West and not as sand based as in the East where there is more rain. That's why the race and workout times are much faster at California tracks like Santa Anita.

Anyway, it's a great day of racing. Let me know beforehand if you see anything that looks good.

Dans

kennyj, any odds on offer over there yet?

I'd be interested in Falbrav myself. Will have a closer look nearer the time though but Falbrav is one of this season's outstanding horses here.

As for today - piss poor! One short priced winner and a second and a third that didn't pay.

kennyj

They haven't announced the entries yet, but this is the best site over here: http://www.drf.com/bc/2003/bc2003.html

In the futures betting, Falbrav was 16-1 and Sulamani was 8-1. Some of the British books have odds already. I read that they have Oasis Dream favored in the mile.

Dans

Three Valleys is 9/4 for tomorrow's Dewhurst Stakes at Newmarket. Take those odds now! Only one in the field to have won and possibly the only one to have even run in a Group 1 race.

Dans

As for today, The Tatling looks like a good ew in the 250 at 10s.

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Dan's when did you suddenly eat the Racing Posts.

Three Valleys is a cert

Dans

bazalini said:
Dan's when did you suddenly eat the Racing Posts.

Three Valleys is a cert
Since I needed something to do au travail.

Also interesting today are Mac Love (7/2) in the 140 and Master Robbie (10/1) in the 325 who seems to place about 2 out of 3 races. Craiova is also interesting.

As for Three Valleys, Snow Ridge will challenge but I also think the former will romp home.

Dans

Mac Love 3rd, Tatling out of the picture. Need Three Valleys to do the business tomorrow.

kennyj

Dans said:
kennyj, any odds on offer over there yet?
They announced the pre-entries. Final entries and post positions are being drawn on Wednesday. Here are the favorites:

Turf:
Falbrav 3-1
Storming Home 7-2
High Chapparrral 4-1
Sulamani 9-2

Mile:
Oasis Dream 4-1
Six Perfections 9-2
Designed For Luck 6-1
Special Ring 6-1

Falbrav is also pre-entered in the Classic and is listed as the seventh choice at 12-1. My guess is that he goes in the turf.

Dans

From what I've read it's the draw that's all important on this course. 1-7 means back your selection but anything higher and you'll be wasting your money. I'll wait until wednesday.

kennyj

I saw some different odds from the English bookmaking firm William Hill.
Sulamani at2-1. Falbrac at 9-4.

Dans

kennyj said:
I saw some different odds from the English bookmaking firm William Hill.
Sulamani at2-1. Falbrac at 9-4.
English bookies will always give inordinately skinny odds on British and Irish horses. Happens here in Europe too - they often overprice horses that run predominantly in Germany for example and not quite so often those that run mainly in France. I think 3/1 for Falbrav is more realistic than 9/4.