How transfers appear to be further depleting and weakening our squad

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Completely agree with the overall point of the post. I might disagree on certain players, but we are so often super excited about players just because they don’t play for United whilst throwing around phrases like “championship level” at our players.
Antony technically currently is championship level for productivity and he cost a bomb. Dan James was doing better for us than Sancho or Antony. Elanga is easily outperforming our lads. How does that even happen unless the club is in chaos? The only players looking half decent are the youngsters hungry to make their name

Overhaul FC

Ole and Ten Hag have done a good job of selling or getting rid of shit players or players with bad attitudes. Credit where it's due.

We're now at the point where we have to sign top players to replace the inconsistent or shit ones. We need more world class additions or younger players with world class potential.

Our world class players:
Onana
Martinez
Varane
Mainoo has world class potential
Garnacho has world class potential
Fernandes
Greenwood (la liga player of the month)

Average players:
Hojlund (harsh but probably true)
Lindelof
AWB
Altay GK
Evans
Malacia
Casemiro (fading from world class)
Eriksen (as CM)
Mount (as CM)
Amrabat
Amad

Inconsistent players:
Shaw
Rashford
Dalot
Maguire
Pellestri
Sancho

Shit players:
McTominay
Martial (injuries have finished him)
Antony

I believe Ten Hag is working his way through the list too and will eventually get there if he's backed. He will need to get the top 4 or win the FA cup this season. Or I don't think he'll get the opportunity to have the 3rd season.

buckooo1978

We need surgery and im hoping by Summer we will be saying goodbye to another 7/8 players

Id much rather see players like Amad play ahead of players like Martial who has no future at the club

It might mean a 9th place finish but short term pain for long term gain.

We are at the start of a journey with the new leadership and if we managed to reset in the Summer with a new team and leadership it would be refreshing

I think change will happen more slowly than we expect but in 18 months I wouldn't expect to see Martial, Casemiro, Varane, McTominay, Maguire, Lindelof, Wan Bissaka, Sancho, Greenwood, Amrabat, Ericksen at the club. Others are very questionable too

Redstain

Antony technically currently is championship level for productivity and he cost a bomb. Dan James was doing better for us than Sancho or Antony. Elanga is easily outperforming our lads. How does that even happen unless the club is in chaos? The only players looking half decent are the youngsters hungry to make their name
Also tactically the way they are being accommodated is different. The only wide player who's made a significant contribution with the team using more width this season is Garnacho as instinctively he could play the role of a classic winger being disciplined on the touchline. I think United had more success last season in goal scoring opportunities when the players were more inverted but with two advanced 8s / hybrid 10s in the shape this season those spaces are otherwise unavailable. I think it's a reason why Antony has also stagnated even further as he wasn't half as bad last season.

I don't think it in anyway justifies poor performance but the shape / attacking rotations don't suit the profile of player available. The hope in visualisation for the season was more goals to come from the midfield by Mount / Bruno but all it's done is stifle the wider areas and created a lack of balance across the front three. There's absolutely no cohesion between Garnacho, Hojlund and Rashford.

Red00012

There’s nothing wrong with the quantity of the squad. It needed that clearout last summer and another this summer. The problems lies with the quality rather than quantity and the fact our recruitment has for the most part been rubbish.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
We have also had to cope with 11 senior team injuries, many of them long term.

The squad depth is fine when we only have three or four injuries, any more then that and it's stretched.

But what I find strange is United has always been a club for blooding youth and relying on youth, people on here have been crying out for the young players to be given a chance.
Why are we now moaning about that?

A squad with three or four academy/ young players on the bench or involved is a good thing.
+1

Tyrion

We need surgery and im hoping by Summer we will be saying goodbye to another 7/8 players

Id much rather see players like Amad play ahead of players like Martial who has no future at the club

It might mean a 9th place finish but short term pain for long term gain.

We are at the start of a journey with the new leadership and if we managed to reset in the Summer with a new team and leadership it would be refreshing

I think change will happen more slowly than we expect but in 18 months I wouldn't expect to see Martial, Casemiro, Varane, McTominay, Maguire, Lindelof, Wan Bissaka, Sancho, Greenwood, Amrabat, Ericksen at the club. Others are very questionable too
Frankly I think playing Amad ahead of Martial would be better in the short term as well as the long.

BehemothTerror

Agree with a lot of the views previously stated but worth noticing that Mainoo has benefited for the minutes. Gore and Kambwala also have move to fringe players when they might not have been on the radar at the start of the season.

You could maybe argue Pellistri and Hannibal could have got more minutes. Amad got the worst injury timing and would have also got increased time

Bwuk

Been quite a big window already for loaning out players.

Sancho, Van de Beek, Hannibal & Fernandez all gone. I don’t think we’ll see any of them again at United.

I do think we’ll be trying to use the wages saved to bring someone in on loan ourselves.

Lee565

It is absolutely nuts that we constantly see mid and lower table sides and even sides from lesser european leagues get the better of us when we face them and our fans go on to then claim that the reason they do so I because they have a better midfield, attack etc.. but then we snub such players from these sides and instead champion chasing after the big flaahy profile players that cost 60+ million each time even though history posy fergie has shown it has rarely benefits us.

Spurs are a great example, I see the excuse that ange was able to get spurs playing better than ten hag was able to get us to play because ange supposedly has better players to work with but our fans would probably have moaned about recruiting a lot of the same players.

Red00012

Out (Summer)

Williams
Evans
Wan Bissaka
Eriksen
Martial
Hannibal
Fernandez (Alvaro)
Sancho
Heaton