Hugo Ekitike

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Another striker linked. Maybe not a bad option. I think we were linked in the past along with Newcastle

PSG "You want this guy (Ekitike) ?
United " Can't afford him"
PSG "Ok, bye"

Looked talented before the PSG move. If we can afford it and his wages aren't daft I wouldn't be against it. Can anyone give any insight into his time at PSG?

Looked talented before the PSG move. If we can afford it and his wages aren't daft I wouldn't be against it. Can anyone give any insight into his time at PSG?
Underwhelming would be an understatement.
Looked lost last season, scored only 4 goals, and the night life in Paris caught up with him.
The guy went from 40-60k a month to 600k a month and doesn’t seem too focused on football right now.
He refused a transfer to Frankfurt last summer reportedly because of his wages.

He may have potential but he’s not the profile of players we need in terms of attitude

Good name. Would get him in just for that if possible

Looked lost last season, scored only 4 goals, and the night life in Paris caught up with him.
The guy went from 40-60k a month to 600k a month and doesn’t seem too focused on football right now.

He may have potential but he’s not the profile of players we need in terms of attitude
Oh god, screw that then. Last thing we need.

It’s the hope that kills you lads. Start with no hope and you will survive this window
It is not the hope that kills you, what kills you is the knowledge that it is the hope that kills you.

Sounds right up our street so.

Profile makes no sense. We don't need another sub 21 year old no.9s who isn't a natural goalscorer.

PSG "You want this guy (Ekitike) ?
United " Can't afford him"
PSG "Ok, bye"
Sounds precisely our type of target
23/24. £65m fee, £25m add ons, 10% sell on, £300k wage...welcome to Manchester United
25/26. Sold to Lyon for £20m

It’s not the knowledge that it is the hope that kills you that kills you, it’s your cause of death that kills you.
Cause of death - Knowledge of hope being lethal

Profile makes no sense. We don't need another sub 21 year old no.9s who isn't a natural goalscorer.

I don’t really think our immediate need is even a matter of profile tbh. We need two strikers and have only one. If we had two Hojlunds now, it would be much better than one. We’re short on numbers first and foremost.

In the summer/longer term, I think we can take a more strategic approach, but for now, a body of some use will do.

Is this hyperbole? Surely he isn’t at 600k a month?! Scrap that had it as weekly.. :lol: still way too much as a monthly for where he’s at with his development, mind.

I remember him being really good at Reims and looking like a Martial-level talent, but given he's pretty much been on ice since he may well end up with a Martial-level career instead. He does seem to be in a bit of a Martial-like situation - PSG don't want him, but he's on big money and seems okay staying put and racking it up.

Also, he's a French forward.

We rinsed the war chest.... but what a ride it was.....

Summer of 22 and 23, we were straight up ballin

We did not spend anything in 2022 or 2023.

We did not spend anything in 2022 or 2023.
We bought Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo in the summer of 2022. We bought Casemiro, Martinez, Anthony and Malacia in the summer of 2023.

How did you come up with us not spending anything in those years?

We bought Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo in the summer of 2022. We bought Casemiro, Martinez, Anthony and Malacia in the summer of 2023.

How did you come up with us not spending anything in those years?
Actually we bought Casemiro, Martinez, Antony and Malacia in 2022 and bought Mount, Onana, Hojlund in 2023.