Imran Khan might help Pakistan rebuild

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Imran offers to help Pakistan out of World Cup crisis

March 21, 2007

'I am ready to sit down with the chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board [PCB] and see what we could do to bring the nation out of this cricketing crisis' © AFP

Imran Khan, the former Pakistan captain, has offered his services to help restore Pakistan's status after their shocking exit from the World Cup in a three-wicket defeat against Ireland.

"I am ready to sit down with the chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board [PCB] and see what we could do to bring the nation out of this cricketing crisis," Imran said in a television programme.

Imran blamed captain Inzamam-ul-Haq for the debacle after Pakistan lost both their group matches - against the West Indies and Ireland - to become the first team to exit the World Cup.

"His captaincy was timid," Imran said. "Inzamam himself said before the World Cup that he would bat at No.4, but when the tournament began he came out to bat at No.5. This built pressure on the team and we simply collapsed against medium-pace bowlers of Ireland," he explained.

After the untimely death of the Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer, Imran advised the PCB to bring in two coaches - one for the bowlers and other for batsmen.

"I would suggest Aaqib Javed should be the bowling coach because he had coached Pakistan to win two Under-19 World Cups," Imran suggested. He added, without offering any names, that the PCB also should look for a good batting coach.

Imran backed Younis Khan as the future captain. "It's not the time to take drastic measures," he said.

Domestic cricket, in Imran's opinion, also had to be streamlined in the manner in which domestic competitions were run in Australia and South Africa. "I have played in Sheffield Shield and I know they have the best system of just six teams in first-class cricket," Imran said. "That's the only way we could also produce quality cricketers," he explained.

© Daily News

If, and its a big IF, Imran dedicates himself to Pakistani cricket for the next year or 18 months I would advise other nations to be afraid. Very afraid.

Imran will shake Pakistani cricket by the throat (no pun intended) and get it back on its feet and running like Forrest Gump. The only thing that can stop this happening is corruption and Imran's disillusionment with it. However, as we don't have a board anymore Imran could put everything he wants/needs in place.

IF it happens, this will be very important news to world cricket. I can't believe I missed it too.

DevilsOwn

couldnt happen..
PCB is run by Musharraf.. and Imran is a staunch opposer of the Gen..
Pak cricket has some sad and tough days ahead

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Dumpstar said:
Imran offers to help Pakistan out of World Cup crisis

March 21, 2007

'I am ready to sit down with the chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board [PCB] and see what we could do to bring the nation out of this cricketing crisis' © AFP

Imran Khan, the former Pakistan captain, has offered his services to help restore Pakistan's status after their shocking exit from the World Cup in a three-wicket defeat against Ireland.

"I am ready to sit down with the chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board [PCB] and see what we could do to bring the nation out of this cricketing crisis," Imran said in a television programme.

Imran blamed captain Inzamam-ul-Haq for the debacle after Pakistan lost both their group matches - against the West Indies and Ireland - to become the first team to exit the World Cup.

"His captaincy was timid," Imran said. "Inzamam himself said before the World Cup that he would bat at No.4, but when the tournament began he came out to bat at No.5. This built pressure on the team and we simply collapsed against medium-pace bowlers of Ireland," he explained.

After the untimely death of the Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer, Imran advised the PCB to bring in two coaches - one for the bowlers and other for batsmen.

"I would suggest Aaqib Javed should be the bowling coach because he had coached Pakistan to win two Under-19 World Cups," Imran suggested. He added, without offering any names, that the PCB also should look for a good batting coach.

Imran backed Younis Khan as the future captain. "It's not the time to take drastic measures," he said.

Domestic cricket, in Imran's opinion, also had to be streamlined in the manner in which domestic competitions were run in Australia and South Africa. "I have played in Sheffield Shield and I know they have the best system of just six teams in first-class cricket," Imran said. "That's the only way we could also produce quality cricketers," he explained.

© Daily News

If, and its a big IF, Imran dedicates himself to Pakistani cricket for the next year or 18 months I would advise other nations to be afraid. Very afraid.

Imran will shake Pakistani cricket by the throat (no pun intended) and get it back on its feet and running like Forrest Gump. The only thing that can stop this happening is corruption and Imran's disillusionment with it. However, as we don't have a board anymore Imran could put everything he wants/needs in place.

IF it happens, this will be very important news to world cricket. I can't believe I missed it too.
DOES ANYONE HERE LOOK LIKE THEY GIVE A feck??

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Donado said:
DOES ANYONE HERE LOOK LIKE THEY GIVE A feck??
Erm, no one with a receding hairline gives a f*ck.

But the rest of the world does. Imran Khan could easily change the face of Pakistani cricket if he was given uncorruptable power in cricket.

To answer the Musharraf question, Imran isn't a staunch opposer as Musharraf is not a political opponent. Imran should view this as probably his last chance of getting the political career going. Imagine how many votes he would get if he made Pakistan close to the number one team in the world and he resigned to go back to politics? Voting public is fickle and only remembers your last successes. Imran's successes can only realistically be in cricket.

prateik

'I am ready to sit down with the chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board [PCB] and see what we could do to bring the nation out of this cricketing crisis'

he talks like the PCB is begging him to help ..

miandad tried .. he didnt do much .. dont think imran can do any better .. he's a politician now .. all this is just a way to be in the news ..

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
prateik said:
'I am ready to sit down with the chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board [PCB] and see what we could do to bring the nation out of this cricketing crisis'

he talks like the PCB is begging him to help ..

miandad tried .. he didnt do much .. dont think imran can do any better .. he's a politician now .. all this is just a way to be in the news ..
Prateik, I don't know how old you are or how much you know about Pakistani, or even world, cricket but Imran Khan is the one man-manager and clinical cricket brain you would want coaching/managing you. If you know anything about tigers and injuries you will know what I mean.

His stint in politics will also have taught him (not that he needed lessons in) the art of diplomacy without backing down. With the sh*t Paksitani cricket is in this is key to improving relations with the rest of the world again - as well as producing hopefully a world class team again. He has studied English and Australian cricket like a professor and knows how to spot talent (he singlehandedly found a young Inzi, Waqar Younis and Wasim Akram from obscurity for the national team in the early 90s).