Interesting teams to build

Himannv

• Upside-down Christmas Tree could be fun but you're never winning drafts with that.
  • RBL's 4-4-2 -> 4-2-2-2 is another fun setup to try out.
  • Atalanta's 3-4-1-2 is another good one.
  • LVG's 3-3-1-3 .
  • Spain 4-6-0.
  • Pe's Bayern 3-4-3 with Lahm in the middle.
  • Bielsa
  • Hiddink's Aussies 3-3-3-1 or 3-6-1
  • High-energy DM playing as a no 10 to disrupt the connection between defence and midfield

Last edited:

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
This...

But it's a fundamentally risky proposition in regular draft matches — and you need to be absolutely on point with the construction of the team!
  • High work-rate and technical competence from back to front (and left to right).
  • At least a couple of grand strategists to keep things running smoothly.
  • Superb and timely ball progressors in certain key positions, or you will get bogged down.
  • Central players have to be two-footed and constantly scan the field.
  • Optimized flank dynamics to minimize the chances of repeated overexposure.
In most drafts, it's not even worth a try because it has some inherent flaws and the juice is rarely worth the squeeze.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Loved Spain 2008 and France magic square. Wanted to do Sacchi one, but my best friend scrappy with Michael did that so good that I gave up after seeing it. Did Cruyff Dutch team with Joga and think that is probably my favorite. Also a tribute to 80's Denmark.

Recently struggling with ideas though. Which is a shame as those themes are great and you learn a lot both about great teams and players.

Beckenbauer in ten Hag Ajax would be great, but wished I thought of that before the idea got here. Germany 1990 WC is also interesting.

And this..

RBL's 4-4-2 -> 4-2-2-2 is another fun setup to try out.