Is James Milner a unicorn?

The Original

Footballers like Milner are inherently unlikeable, much like I imagine how McTominay is viewed by most non-United supporters. Lacking in talent but just good enough to hold a job down on the PL and pretty much indestructible athletically.
Can't imagine why anyone would dislike Milner or others like him. He's been an excellent professional: works hard, never gets into trouble, hardly ever injured, not a world-beater but not unskilled, extremely versatile, and has been a big significant part of Premier League history. He's also thrice the player McTominay is. I think he's an excellent ambassador for the Premier League.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
James Milner is the default create a character in FIFA games. I forget he exists.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Actually he is really dislikeable the few times he opens his mouth, bought totally into the Scouser propaganda machine and there were numerous stories from when he was at City about his bad treatment of club staff (the source here is Blue-moon and twitter so not the greatest reliability but you'd think people would know more about these type of things rather than say, transfers)

In fact I'm not sure I dislike any former player more than him based only on how he comes across, and then I remember Sir Joseph of Barton

diarm

This will sound like I’m joking, but I’d honestly forgotten this post.

When I saw the notification I thought “why the hell am I getting tagged in that thread?”

VivaJesperBlomqvist

I'd wager James Milner is a timelord and an interloper. Look at him carefully and he is the template for the generic soldier of many wars; the pilot of many planes; the everyman of every era.

He is a template; a blank canvas. This iteration so happens to play football. He is neither here nor there. He is both future and past.
A truly excellent post

VivaJesperBlomqvist

Liverpool players who I "hate" are mostly ones who have been disrespectful towards us or have been involved in any type of nasty incident involving United players (Van Dijk, Suarez, Mascherano, Carroll and to a lesser extent Gerrard and Carragher). I don't remember Milner ever being very disrespectful towards us.
I remember him saying “feck United” when scousers lifted the EPL tbf