Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matriac

I think the Telles deal will happen very soon. If we get Sancho too this window that will be around £160m spent.. that's alot of money for us in this climate.

And that's with us needing a striker in January and a CB at some point very soon too. :houllier:

If we get a RW now I think we can manage from Feb 1st through summer with just Martial and Greenwood for strikers.

Then in the summer the Haaland saga.

Langers7274

I think the Telles deal will happen very soon. If we get Sancho too this window that will be around £160m spent.. that's alot of money for us in this climate.

And that's with us needing a striker in January and a CB at some point very soon too. :houllier:
Let's not forget Smalling leaving, Pereira going (loan to buy), Rojo could yet be on his way as will Dalot (poss loan to buy). If we manage to shift this lot and Jones (wishful thinking I know) that will be a lot off the wage bill

Rolaholic

What really is the point is if we won't be coming close to their valuation?

Bullying them into accepting less at a time when getting a replacement in would be all the more difficult for them?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

What really is the point is if we won't be coming close to their valuation?

Bullying them into accepting less at a time when getting a replacement in would be all the more difficult for them?
Reckon we are trying to unsettle the player.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
If this guy was ambitious he would have pushed for a move a couple of months ago. But he seems to be satisfied at FC Sprungbrett. People play football for different reasons so can't really blame him if he prefers to play in a one big happy family league where it doesn't matter if you win or lose, rather than in the Premier League and for a club where every loss is a crisis.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I just don't think they'll sell now unless we meet them on every demand.

Even if we come close to their valuation, they would almost certainly factor in the value of keeping Sancho for another season/demonstrating their ability not to be bullied by a big money club as a price worth paying on having to let Sancho go for ~£80m next summer. Even with Covid, I'd be amazed if he goes for less then.

I think we have had a huge issue with moving to rashly and paying over the odds in the past. I don't think this was the transfer to demonstrate our new resolve and stubbornness, however. We are letting a generational talent who wanted to come, and who was our manager's number one choice, slip through our fingers.

SATA

I wonder what are we playing at. Is there something United know that BVB themselves don’t? It’s been really a strange strange saga so far and i doubt any future saga of any player will top that

Judas

Open to offers
If its Sancho's people leading us on a merry dance it just makes zero sense, what would they gain, absolutely nothing.

Bloody tedious and exhausting guff.

Last edited:

OleBoiii

Anyone working with Big Data/Machine Learning? I reckon if we look at all these massive transfer threads that leads to nothing on the Caf over the last decade or so then we might be able to find many interesting patterns :lol:

SATA

If its Sancho's people leading us on a merry dance it just makes zero sense, what would they gain, absolutely.

Bloody tedious and exhausting guff.
Their agent fees? Do they stand to gain a part of their fees even if the deal doesn’t go through but for their entire work in negotiations throughout with us and Dortmund?

Judas

Open to offers
Their agent fees? Do they stand to gain a part of their fees even if the deal doesn’t go through but for their entire work in negotiations throughout with us and Dortmund?
Absolute joke of a job if they end up getting paid for their antics this summer, I'd feel physically sick if that was the case :lol:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Didn’t Daniel Harris once said Sancho would put in a transfer request but the player never ever did?
Because that'd be stupid. Why would he put in a transfer request? he's still pretty young and is in no rush. If United wants him, pay the asking price. Surely he doesn't want to be seen as a traitor by BvB fans (granted, they're crazy) for a move that he's not desperate for. It's just not worth the effort. Add to that is the fact that the season's already started.

SATA

Because that'd be stupid. Why would he put in a transfer request? he's still pretty young and is in no rush. If United wants him, pay the asking price. Surely he doesn't want to be seen as a traitor by BvB fans (granted, they're crazy) for a move that he's not desperate for. It's just not worth the effort. Add to that is the fact that the season's already started.
I didn’t say the player should do that. Just pointing to the fact that Harris has information that Sancho would put in a transfer request but the player never did. So that’s false information he had gotten

Chief123

Marco Reus saying he’s staying for another year.

omg this is so bloody on!! So desperate to keep him. :D

saivet

Didn’t Daniel Harris once said Sancho would put in a transfer request but the player never ever did?
He did say that along with saying a deal was agreed in principle with Dortmund. All of which could have been the case or of the understanding of whoever his source at United is but I wouldn't consider his information concrete, and he certainly doesn't seem to think this transfer is a sure thing either.

Status
Not open for further replies.