Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

K_Ash

I am surprised, I fully expected to hear the announcement waking up...the day is still young though

cyberman

Theyre cleaning the area after Madrid trained there last night, according to a reply.
But i have early transfer news if you want to donate to my patreon?

Infra-red

We’ll know soon enough mate. Come Monday, if Dortmund don't brief that the deadline has passed and Sancho stays, we’ll know that they are expecting him to leave.

Sancho ticks every single box. Young, English, elite level potential and plays on the right. If we don’t wrap this up now then Woodward is going to be absolutely finished. The fans will destroy him.
Dortmund have made a big, public show of the €120m euro price and the 10 August deadline. It's going to be hard for them to climb down from that.

United presumably think that it's a bluff and that if we drag things out long enough, we'll get a substantial discount.

As you say, it will be interesting to see what happens on Monday if no deal has been agreed. My guess is that we'll see a lot of big talk from Dortmund saying that the deal is dead and United will then revisit it in September/October, when we all know a bit more about the financial hit from COVID-19 and whether crowds will be coming back etc. I reckon that might be when the deal finally gets done.

lysglimt

Scout
Easier said than done with the wages we pay, unfortunately. We don't want the likes of Rojo - but no-one else does either!
No but players like Lingard, Smalling and Dalot - there will be takers for them

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Theyre cleaning the area after Madrid trained there last night, according to a reply.
But i have early transfer news if you want to donate to my patreon?
Please don't reply to tweets that send Muppets into a frenzy with well researched, common sense answers... It's less fun that way :lol:

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If we don’t sign Sancho today it’s clearly because he wants number 11 instead of 7...which is sensible, 7 has become a bit of a poisoned chalice. We’ll hear news after the Copenhagen game.
Just got off the phone with Ed. Sancho will definitely wear the number 7 shirt.

Deal will be announced on 19-8-20.

Ed sees himself as a bit of a maths genius. 19 + 8 - 20 = 7.

Clever bastard is our Ed. :D

Macern

Pee pee pants
It might be true but most of the reliable journos with links to us are saying we want a few more which is probably why we’re trying to pay as little up front as possible. What would Jan know about our transfer targets? It’s questionable he actually knows anything on the inside about Dortmund as personally I think he just reports what’s already been said elsewhere but he definitely has no inside links to us.
I find it quite strange that Jan Åge is as involved in this as he is. He’s just a Norwegian pundit/reporter working for Viasat in Norway. He has spent large parts of his playing career in Germany so he probably knows some people there, but I doubt he’s being fed information from anyone in Dortmund and/or agents. I’m guessing he knows Christian Falk quite well and gets his information from him. He knows Ole on a personal level having played for the NT with him, but I doubt he gets any information from him and apart from him there is no way he knows anything about what’s going on at Man Utd.

My guess is that he’s involving himself in this just to get more twitter followers. It seems like a Jan Åge Fjørtoft thing to do.

Cloud7

The weirdest muppets are the super negative ones who seemingly are desperate to believe anything bad. Weird way to be.
Yeah the whole point of muppetry is the hype and excitement at all the possible transfers, no matter how incredible or ridiculous they may seem.

Jumping into every thread picking up on any vaguely negative turns in the story and getting yourself depressed, taking it as gospel and believing everything is off, goes completely against the spirit of muppetry. They’re more like the anti-muppet. A Teppum, if you will.

Skåre Willoch

I'm surprised they only started filming today, considering the official time of his unveiling is only 7 hours away. Some serious editing has to be done in a couple of hours. But I believe Man Utd have some talented people working in the media/marketing department, so I'm sure the video will look cool as feck. With lots of smoke and everything.

Can't wait. Looking forward to this. I've cancelled all my plans for the evening to stay home and update twitter and this thread, and rewatch the awesome video of Jadon Sancho's arrival plenty of times.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I’m sure he doesn’t mind it. He’s earning loads of money through his twitter views and they are increasing every minute because people and mainly United fans are checking and retweeting on Sancho and his famous three words
You can earn money through Twitter Views? You can monetize Twitter RT’s & Likes?

WOW never knew that.

/Sarcasm

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

I don't see us walking away from this deal if that's the case
I'd be quite shocked if Sancho was our "only" target this summer, which renders this tweet bollocks for me. Likelihood is he's used as a Dortmund mouthpiece to relay "it's Sancho or bust" for Manchester United.

UncleBob

Me stating I want Sancho signed so he can train and you saying it is nonsensical pretty much sums it up.

I want new signings to gel. You do realise that when we have pre season tours away, we sign players? We dont wait until we are back in the country to sign players :lol: :lol:
I said that portraiting it as if it's urgent to bring him in now in order to have him train with the team, which is what you said, is a nonsensical argument given that the first team is away. We could sign Sanchez a week from now and he still wouldn't be training with our first team. Your argument isn't valid until the first team returns home.

Somehow you've managed to translate that into me claiming that we shouldn't negotiate or sign players as quickly as possible, even though i've already said i prefer the signings to be completed as early as possible, bit weird.

kirk buttercup

I'd be quite shocked if Sancho was our "only" target this summer, which renders this tweet bollocks for me. Likelihood is he's used as a Dortmund mouthpiece to relay "it's Sancho or bust" for Manchester United.
yeah I agree not a chance he is the only player we buy this summer .

Alemar

Sancho may be our only “big name signing”. Perhaps, the likes of Badiashile/Gabriel or VDB are not classified as “big name targets”.

Jericholyte2

I would say the opposite to be honest - if we have a budget limited to £100-150m as previously reported then I could see it being spent on a "generational" talent such as Sancho who may not be available at any other window when others have recovered financially, rather than bringing in 2 or 3 others for other positions.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Itl be Lingards new contract video, that. :D

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
yeah I agree not a chance he is the only player we buy this summer .
Don't think we'll sign too many players tbh.

We've already given 25m to Palace this summer for AWB. Releasing Sanchez has cost us 5-10m (at least I read that earlier), we had to send 4.2m to Sporting as we qualified for the CL. If we have to fork out 60-70m upfront for Sancho then we'll have probably spent in excess of 110m already this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.