Jarrad Branthwaite | Ornstein: Everton have no intention to sell despite takeover collapse

So I presume we will get a deal done for this lad by June 30th, but it wont be at the price Everton want.

If it happens and no other CB leaves (i.e. lindelof) then that's our CB transfers done for the summer.

Martinez
Branthwaite
Maguire
Lindelof
Evans
Kambwala

So I presume we will get a deal done for this lad by June 30th, but it wont be at the price Everton want.

If it happens and no other CB leaves (i.e. lindelof) then that's our CB transfers done for the summer.

Martinez
Branthwaite
Maguire
Lindelof
Evans
Kambwala

Feels like Lindelof would get sold for like 10M and we'd buy a new RCB, even if it is a relatively cheap one. Someone abroad will pay 10M for Lindelof and he can just leave for free in a year.

Martinez
Branthwaite
Maguire
Lindelof
Evans
Kambwala

Which is exactly why the club isn’t catching anyone regardless of which manager you hire.

As a wise man said the club needs open heart surgery not this one in one out approach.

Martinez
Branthwaite
Maguire
Lindelof
Evans
Kambwala

Keep seeing Todibo being available for £20-£25 million so if we moved Lindelof on we could bring in Todibo and Branthwaite which would then be a stronger group of centre backs and much better balanced.

Moving at snail's pace on transfers and also to decide on EtH

Regardless of Everton situation and needing cash before the apparent 30/6 deadline… I just can’t see a world where we have this transfer completed before the end of June.

Branthwaite wouldn’t be enough. We’d still need a right footed CB to replace Varane. That is what I’d be targeting first.

Moving at snail's pace on transfers and also to decide on EtH
What big transfers have been complete by big clubs thus far?

How do you know were moving slow on Eth if you don't know the full process in the decision?

Don't think united moving slow at all, fans are just impatient and bored.

Branthwaite wouldn’t be enough. We’d still need a right footed CB to replace Varane. That is what I’d be targeting first.
Pretty sure Branthwaite would play on the right side, alongside Martinez. Though I do agree with you, we need more than one centre back.

How do you know were moving slow on Eth if you don't know the full process in the decision?

This really, the nature of 24/7 news means we fill the gaps when they aren’t any.

Pretty sure Branthwaite would play on the right side, alongside Martinez. Though I do agree with you, we need more than one centre back.
Ye but then we’d have 2 left footers playing. Not that it would be a problem but if ETH is still here he won’t be a fan of it as he’s mentioned the importance of having correct footed people on the right sides.

Ye but then we’d have 2 left footers playing. Not that it would be a problem but if ETH is still here he won’t be a fan of it as he’s mentioned the importance of having correct footed people on the right sides.
Branthwaite is ambipedal

Branthwaite won't be coming here to sit on the bench though so it's inevitable that him and Martinez would play together. If we were that bothered, we could play either Branthwaite or Martinez at left back like Pep does with Gvardiol. Don't see that happening though.

Branthwaite won't be coming here to sit on the bench though so it's inevitable that him and Martinez would play together. If we were that bothered, we could play either Branthwaite or Martinez at left back like Pep does with Gvardiol. Don't see that happening though.
It will be one of Branthwaite, todibo or yoro. Multiple targets for the same position as has been out way for past few years. Once we land one. We will be moving onto another position.

Will be same for central midfield. We land one and we will move onto landing a striker. There won't be multiple centre miss coming in

It will be one of Branthwaite, todibo or yoro. Multiple targets for the same position as has been out way for past few years. Once we land one. We will be moving onto another position.

Will be same for central midfield. We land one and we will move onto landing a striker. There won't be multiple centre miss coming in
We definitely want two centre backs. Though we will most likely have to settle for one. It's far from good enough.

The ETH situation is definitely dragging. Can’t really say the transfers are moving slow though as the windows not opened yet.

We definitely want two centre backs. Though we will most likely have to settle for one. It's far from good enough.
It's reality though. Also until they decide what to do with ETH, we aren't going to be making any decisions in the market.

Preseason is 5 weeks away. We will struggle to get the 3 in that we think we are getting (striker - centre mid - centre back). Nevermind the 5-6 signings that most want.

Just don't see it this summer, for many reasons.

It's reality though. Also until they decide what to do with ETH, we aren't going to be making any decisions in the market.

Preseason is 5 weeks away. We will struggle to get the 3 in that we think we are getting (striker - centre mid - centre back). Nevermind the 5-6 signings that most want.

5 or 6 is absolutely essential.

Striker isn't even that important to us now compared to defence and midfield.

We have one senor centre forward who is 21 years old. It's as much if not more of a priority.
We definitely need another ST to help the load up front. But I’d say midfielder and defence should be first… it would help if we had a lot of goals from our wide players. But we don’t even have that.

We have one senor centre forward who is 21 years old. It's as much if not more of a priority.
But strikers are not as important as defence or midfield, you can play without one. All we need is a youth player or Rashford to fill in.

Striker isn't even that important to us now compared to defence and midfield.

We desperately need another striker. You don’t win games if you don’t score goals.

With Martial gone, we have to bring in somebody else or an injury to Hojlund means we’re playing McTominay up top.

But strikers are not as important as defence or midfield, you can play without one. All we need is a youth player or Rashford to fill in.

Strikers are the most important players. Why do you think they cost the most money? A top striker can turn a shit performance into a win with a single moment of brilliance.

We desperately need another striker. You don’t win games if you don’t score goals.

With Martial gone, we have to bring in somebody else or an injury to Hojlund means we’re playing McTominay up top.
We will definitely be replacing Martial and Varane. If Casemiro leaves he will be replaced. If Amrabat isn't signed I presume they will sign a replacement for him.

However agree with your original point, complete and utter no brainer to sign another striker. Rashford is unreliable as a goalscorer and a poor no 9.

You don't need a striker to score goals.

Strikers are the most important players. Why do you think they cost the most money? A top striker can turn a shit performance into a win with a single moment of brilliance.
Top teams don't rely on single moments of brilliance and the price of strikers compared to other positions has been dropping.

Strikers win you games. Defence wins you titles. Didn’t that come from the boss.

Martinez
Branthwaite
Maguire
Lindelof
Evans
Kambwala

I think these will be our CB options going into next season. I can’t see us splurging on 2 CBs when midfield is equally a major priority. If we can avoid the horrible luck we had with injuries last season then this is a good enough group to get us back into the top 4.

It's the same story year after year.

Strikers win you games. Defence wins you titles. Didn’t that come from the boss.

Yes he said that when he had an abundance of world class forwards at his disposal that scored for fun.

We have literally no one in our attack that has scored 20+ goals in a season except Rashford. Do you really want to be relying on him?

Bringing in a goalscorer is just as important this summer.

Yes he said that when he had an abundance of world class forwards at his disposal that scored for fun.

We have literally no one in our attack that has scored 20+ goals in a season except Rashford. Do you really want to be relying on him?

Bringing in a goalscorer is just as important this summer.
I’m not saying it isn’t as important. We’ve lost Varane, so need to replace him, Casemiro will need replacing. We seen how important Casemiro was when he came in, he transformed the team. First season we had Martial upfront who’s hardly a world class goalscorer but we performed much better as a team and Rashford did carry us last season. Guardiola won the league without a ST. If you have a system in place and the team can carry out their roles then you should be getting goals from midfield and your wide players without having to just rely on the ST.

But he did win his last title because he bought in Robin van Persie. The striker won him the title, the defense didnt win him a title the year before.

Slower and more clumsy.

Would agree with that. Was at SB when they, Everton, were absolutely slaughtered by us. He just hasn’t got the short distance speed and once he did get up to full speed was treading water when it came to matching the likes of Jackson.

Great at blocking but doesn’t seem to have anywhere near the positional sense needed ( yep I get it he is still young)

But he did win his last title because he bought in Robin van Persie. The striker won him the title, the defense didnt win him a title the year before.
True. But usually top teams are built from a strong defence. Vidic-Ferdinand.